英语自学网 发表于 2018-3-29 22:52:41

英语词汇:原来“怂”可以这样翻译!

  “怂”这个字几乎被,国内外的朋友们玩坏了,在国内,人们通常用“怂”,来形容那些软弱无能的人。可是不知道哪个朋友,竟然把它拆解为,“从心”(follow
your heart),这样错误的翻译,真让人哭笑不得。
          下面,带着大家看看,老外是如何用英语表达“怂”的吧。
          coward 懦夫
          I was, to my shame, a coward.
          我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。
          He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.
          他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。
          But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
          但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。
          I would be a coward if I left now.
          如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。
          wimp 软骨头
          But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to
handle a real crisis when it comes up.
          可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。
          I was a wimp.
          我是个窝囊废。
          What a wimp that boy is!
          那真是个没有骨气的男孩。
          weakling 没用的人
          Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?
          你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?
          Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
          下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!
          You are a miserable weakling.
          你是一个可怜的弱者。
          wuss 胆小鬼
          Are you being a wuss?
          你想当胆小鬼?
          I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
          我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!
          craven 懦夫
          No man wants to be thought a craven person.
          没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。
          A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
          英雄冒着生命危险区帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 英语词汇:原来“怂”可以这样翻译!