论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 03:35:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  2011年12月大学英语四级考试
          Writing外教版
          Part I Writing
          Nothing Succeeds Without a Strong Will
          Essay #1
          Self-help books and online coaches tell us that we have to use our willpower to “force” ourselves to accomplish our goals and to complete all of our tasks. Forcing ourselves only goes so far, however. Take dieting, for instance. If you want to lose 12 kilos and you think you have to force yourself to only eat cucumbers every day, you’ll quit. It’s the same with smoking or exercising. If your only weapon is willpower, then you’ll probably fail. Ninety-nine percent of New Year’s resolutions are abandoned before the end of January. In my opinion, it’s true that nothing succeeds without strong will, but I have a different definition of the word.
          For me, strong will means that I have the power to set my own goals and the intention to complete them. If I want to do something instead of have to do something, I’m much more likely to finish the task. I have to have good reasons to keep me going when times get tough. Therefore, if I want to go on a diet, I’ll choose a diet that I can stick with and have a good reason why I want to do it—to be healthier—not just to lose weight. That way, I’m willing to maintain the new menu. If I want to exercise more, I’ll make a plan that I can live with and I’ll do a sport I like so that I’ll stick with it. True success is about action. When we set a goal, it’s like a race. At first we might have to “force” ourselves, but then the actions should become pleasurable habits that we’re willing to do if we want to get to the finish line.

2011年12月四六级考后试题、答案、解析:
           yingyu46ji8.html (83.68 KB, 下载次数: 24)

980327.html

50.39 KB, 下载次数: 28

980327.html

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:22 , Processed in 0.076207 second(s), 10 queries , WinCache On.