109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 03:33:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
      20086月大学英语四级考试真题答案与精解(试卷A)
  PartⅠ                         Writing
  范文:
  Abundant recreational activities are available for people to release their strain and stress, ranging from sports to online activities. There is going on a hot debate arguing whether they are good for the public or not, especially for college students.
  As for such a question, different people hold different views. Some believe that recreation is helpful if we want to keep healthy physically and mentally. While there also sounds an opposite voice, which claims that activities also bring many problems. For example, some young people are easily addicted to the virtual world online, which affects their study seriously and may lead to worse consequences as well.
  As for me, I hold a belief that recreational activities do more good than harm. They do give us a good chance, and efficiency too. As long as we can arrange the time reasonably, they will definitely provide more benefits for us.
  PartⅡ Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
  1. A)
  2. D)
  3. B)
  4. C)
  5. A)
  6. B)
  7. C)
  8. quite homogeneous but small
  9. relationships with consumers
  10. the appropriate media
  Part Ⅲ                          Listening Comprehension
  Section A
  11. M: Today's a bad day for me. I fell off a step and twisted my ankles.
  W: Don't worry. Usually ankle injuries heal quickly if you stop regular activities for a while.
  Q: What does the woman suggest the man do?
  A)
  12. W: May I see your ticket, please? I think you are sitting in my seat.
  M: Oh, you're right. My seat is in the balcony. I'm terribly sorry.
  Q: Where does the conversation most probably take place?
  C)
  13. W: Did you hear Jay Smith died in his sleep last night?
  M: Yes, it's very sad. Please let everybody know that whoever wants to may attend the funeral.
  Q: What are the speakers talking about?
  B)
  14. M: Have you taken Professor Young's exam before? I'm kind of nervous.
  W: Yes. Just concentrate on the important ideas she's talked about in the class, and ignore the     details.
  Q: How does the woman suggest the man prepare for Professor Young's exam?
  D)
  15. W: I'm so sorry, sir. And you'll let me pay to have your jacket cleaned, won't you?
  M: That's all right. It could happen to anyone. And I'm sure that coffee doesn't leave lasting marks on clothing.
  Q: What can we infer from the conversation?
  D)
  16. W: Have you seen the movie "The Departed"? The plot is so complicated that I really got lost.
  M: Yeah. I felt the same. But after I saw it a second time, I could put all the pieces together.
  Q: How did the two speakers find the movie?
  B)
  17. M: I'm really surprised you got an A on the test. You didn't seem to have done a lot of reading.
  W: Now you know why I never miss a lecture.
  Q: What contributes to the woman's high score?
  A)
  18. W: Have you heard about the new digital television system? It lets people get about five hundred channels.
  M: Yeah, but I doubt that will have anything different from what we watch now.
  Q: What does the man mean?
  D)
  Conversation One
  W: Gosh, have you seen this, Richard?
  M: See what?
  W: In the paper,(19)says there's a man going round pretending he is from the electricity board. He is been calling at people's homes, saying he's come to check that all their appliances are safe. Then he gets around them to make him a cup of tea, and while they are out of the room, (19)he steals their money, handbag, whatever, and makes off with it.
  M: But you know Jean, it's partly their own fault. They should never let anyone like that in unless   you are expecting them.
  W: It's all very well to say that, but someone comes to the door and says electricity or gas. And you automatically think they are ok. Especially if they flashed a card to you.
  M: Does this man have an ID then?
  W:(20)Yes, that's just it. It seems he used to work for the electricity board at one time. According to the paper, (21)the police are warning people especially pensioners not to admit anyone unless they have an appointment. It's a bit sad. One old lady told them, (22)she's just been to the post office to draw her pension, when he called, she said he must follow her home.(22)He stole the whole lot.
  M: but, what does he look like. Surely they must have a description.
  W: Oh, yes. They have. Let's see, in his 30s, tall, bushy dark hair, slight northern accent. Sounds a bit like you actually.
  19. What does the woman want the man to read in the newspaper?
  C)
  20. How did the man mentioned in the newspaper try to win further trust from the victims?.
  D)
  21. What is the warning from the police?
  C)
  22. What does the woman speaker tell us about the old lady?
  C)
  Conversation Two
  M: Miss Jones, could you tell me more about your first job with hotel marketing concepts.
  W: Yes, certainly. (23)I was a marketing consultant responsible for marketing ten UK hotels. They were all luxury hotels in the leisure sector, all of very high standard.
  M: Which markets were you responsible for?
  W: For Europe and Japan.
  M: I see from your resume that you speak Japanese. Have you ever been to Japan?
  W: Yes, I have. I spent a month in Japan in 2006. I met all the key people in the tourist industry, the big tour operators, and the tourist organizations. (24)As I speak Japanese, I had a very big advantage.
  M: Yes, of course. Have you had any contact with Japan, in your present job?
  W: Yes, I've had a lot. Cruises have become very popular with the Japanese both for holidays and for business conferences. In fact, the market for all types of luxury holidays for the Japanese has increased a lot recently.
  M: Really? I'm interested to hear more about that. But first tell me, have ever traveled on a luxury train, the Orienting Express for example.
  W: No, I haven't. But I've traveled on the Glacier Express to Switzerland, and I traveled across China by train about 8 years ago. (25)I love train travel. That's why I am very interested in this job.
  23. What did the woman do in her first job?
  A)
  24. What gave the woman an advantage during her business trip in Japan?
  D)
  25. Why is the woman applying for the new job?
  A)
  Section B
  Passage One
  I think a lot about time and not just because it's the name of the news organization I work for. Like most working people, I find time or the lack of it, are never ending frustration and an unwinable battle. My every day is(26) a race against the clock that I never ever seem to win. This is hardly a lonesome complaint, according to the families and work institutes, national study of the changing work force,(26) 55% of the employees say they don't have enough time for themselves, 63% don't have enough time for their spouses or partners, and 67% don't have enough time for their children. (27)It's also not a new complaint. I bet our ancestors returned home from hunting wild animals and gathering nuts,(27)and complained about how little time they had to paint battle scenes on their cave walls. The difference is that the boss of the animal hunting and the head of nut gathering probably told them to "Shut up!" or "No survival for you!" Today's workers are still demanding control over their time, the difference is: today's bosses are listening. I've been reading a report issued today called When Work Works, produced jointly by 3 organizations. (28)They set out to find and award the employers who employ the most creative and most effective ways to give their workers flexibility. I found this report worth reading and suggest every boss should read it for ideas.
  26. What is the speaker complaining about?
  A)
  27. What does the speaker say about our ancestors?
  A)
  28. Why does the speaker suggest all bosses read the report by the 3 organizations?
  D)
  Passage Two
  Loving a child is a circular business. The more you give, the more you get. The more you want to give, Penalapy Leach once said. What she said proves to be true of my blended family. I was born in 1931. As the youngest of six children, I learn to share my parents' love. Raising 6 children during the difficult times of the (29)Great Depression took its toll on my parents' relationship and resulted in their divorce when I was 18 years old. Daddy never had very close relationships with his children and drifted even farther away from us after the divorce. Several years later, a wonderful woman came into his life, and they were married. She had two sons. One of them is still at home. Under her influence we became a blended family and a good relationship developed between the two families. (30) She always treated us as if we were her own children. It was because of our other mother, daddy's second wife, that he became closer to his own children. They shared over 25 years together before our father passed away. At the time of his death, the question came up of my mother, daddy's first wife, attending his funeral. I will never forget the unconditional love shown by my stepmother, when I asked her if she would object to mother attending daddy's funeral. Without giving it a second thought, she immediately replied, "Of course not, honey, she is the mother of my children."
  29. According to the speaker, what contributed to her parents' divorce?
  B)
  30. What brought the father closer to his children?
  D)
  31. What message does the speaker want to convey in this talk?
  B)
  Passage Three
  In February last year, my wife lost her job. (32)Just as suddenly, the owner of the greenhouse where I worked as manager died of a heart attack. His family announced that they were going to close the business because no one in the family wanted to run it. Things looked pretty gloomy. My wife and I read the want-ads each day. (33)Then one morning, as I was hanging out "Going out of Business" sign at the greenhouse, the door opened and in walked a customer. She was an office manager whose company has just moved into the new office park on the edge of town. She was looking for part of plants to place in the reception areas and offices. "I don't know anything about plants," she said. "I'm sure in a few weeks they'll all be dead." Why was I helping her select her purchases? My mind was racing.(34) Perhaps as many as a dozen firms have recently opened offices in the new office park, and there were several hundred more acres with construction under way. That afternoon, I drove out to the office park. By six o'clock that evening I had signed contracts with seven companies to rent plants from me and pay me a fee to maintain them. Within a week, I had worked out an agreement to lease the greenhouse from the owner's family. Business is now increasing rapidly. (35)And one day, we hope to be the proud owners of the greenhouse.
  32. What do we learn about the greenhouse?
  B)
  33. What was the speaker doing when the customer walked in one morning?
  C)
  34. What did the speaker think of when serving the office manager?
  C)
  35. What was the speaker's hope for the future?
  A)
  Section C
  36. labor
  37. ingredients
  38. vital
  39. individuals
  40. engage
  41. figures
  42. generating
  43. Currently
  44. will be making decisions in such areas as product development, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
  45. to acquire new skills that will help you keep up with improved technologies and procedures.
  46. Don't expect the companies will provide you with a clearly defined career path
  Part IV                 Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
  Section A
  47.D)[精解]根据句意,空格处缺少名词原形,意为"声称"。
  48. H)[精解]空格位于系动词was之后,介词to之前,因此缺少形容词或者过去分词,
  49. O)[精解]用于形容词之前,空格处应缺少副词。根据句意,表示"完全地"。
  50. G)[精解]空格处缺少名词,与research并列,因此选择G)interviews采访。
  51.M)[精解]空格前有形容词considerable,这里需要填名词。regret抱歉。
  52. J)[精解]空格位于形容词bad之后,需要名词,根据句意,这里表示"沮丧、糟糕的时候"。
  53. B)[精解]空格位于名词bookings之前,缺乏形容词或者过去分词。bookings预约,根据句意,表示"提前的"。
  54. N)[精解]空格处需要形容词,表示"令人害怕的,引起惊慌的"。
  55. C)[精解]空格位于介词in之后,因此缺少名词。根据句意,表示"乘坐气球"。
  56. A)[精解]空格位于情态动词can之后,名词wonders之前,缺少动词原形。根据句意,表示实现奇迹。
  Section B
  Passage One
  57. D)[精解]段首处设题。根据文章第一句话得知,全球变暖有可能成为21世纪的环境危机,但是无论结果如何, 我们都将无能为力。D)中very little will be done与原文we won't do much about it意义一致。迅速锁定答案为D。
  58. D)[精解]Al Gore称全球变暖是一个被忽视的真相。第二段第二句话but the real truth is that we don't know enough to relieve global warming(真相是我们了解的还不够,不足以缓解全球变暖。)与D)中的"在这一领域我们的知识还很少"是一致的。
  59. A)[精解]根据题干中关键词double、2050定位到原文第三段最后一句话。With the modest growth, energy use and greenhouse emission more than double by 2050. (按照一般的经济增长速度来计算,能源消耗和温室气体排放到2050年将翻番。)A)中的economic growth即原文中的growth.
  60. B)[精解]允许缔约国惩罚非缔约国,但是它却不能减少的排放量,也未能采取足够强硬的政策。B) 中few nations have adopted real tough measures 和本段最后一句中didn't adopt enough policies 意义相符。
  61. B)[精解]作者第一段提出问题:面对全球变暖,我们将无能为力。第二段中作者谈到认识到这一问题并不代表找到解决方案,然后提出论点:and-without major technological breakthroughs-we can't do much about it.(没有大的技术突破,我们仍将无能为力。)。第三段讲到全球变暖原因:人口增长和经济发展,并预测未来发展趋势。第四段认为政府行为收效甚微。第五和第六段重申论点:the only solution is new technology(解决问题的唯一办法就是新科技。) B)是对全文的高度概括与作者论点相同。
  Passage Two
  62. A)[精解] 段首处设题。根据第二段,第一句话,我们得知有人会在未经允许的情况下窃取我们的个人信息,如第一段所说的电子邮件、网址、信用卡购物及电话等,我们的个人信息赤裸裸地暴露给陌生人,毫无遮掩。A)中的 is easily accessed without their knowledge 同义与原文中的 watch you without your permission。
  63. C)[精解]根据题干中关键词psychologist、friend定位到第三段第一、二句话。心理学家认为与他人保持一定界限是有益的,虽然会向朋友、家人、爱人倾诉,但是有一些事情是有底线和界限的。C)中的distance同义与原文中的boundary,跟本段第二句话 but few boundaries remain 意义一致。
  64. B)[精解]第三段第三句话告诉我们:我们在使用高科技时所留下的点滴信息都会为陌生人了解我们提供线索。例如谷歌搜索引擎就会泄漏我们的想法。因此进一步得出结论:我们正生活在一个连保守秘密都很困难的世界里。B)中的trace 同义于原文中的digital bread crumbs所暗示的意思。
  65. D)[精解]根据倒数第二段第一句得知,people say one thing and do another,即言行不一。随后举例说明,美国人为了一点利益而提供个人信息。D)符合题意。
  66. D)[精解]段末处设题。作者把隐私同健康作比较,当拥有时,不曾注意到它,一旦失去才知其珍贵。D)中cherish同 wish you'd have done more 意义一致。
  Part V  Cloze
  67. A)[精解] 信息词 aim与at和to都可构成固定搭配,但是at后跟doing或直接加n.;而 to后加动词原型。
  68. D)[精解]根据上下文,意思是各个大学对于科研的重视程度在学校和学校之间是不同的。此处vary 译为"不同",可以构成vary from…to …意为"因…而异"。
  69. C)[精解]介词搭配题。在本句中,根据and这一并列连词可以看出,其后的内容为根据学校现有资源的不同而决定了科研的不同,那么and前的并列部分,也是在讲学校自身的原因,因此可以得出people一词后面的介词短语作定语,故而想到in control(主管,控制),此处 people in control 意为"学校的主管人员"也就是管理者们。
  70. B) [精解] 动词用法辨析题。根据句意,一些小规模学校或是新建学校不拥有可以开展大型研究的工作人员和设备。possess意为"拥有,具备"。
  71. D) [精解] 形容词辨义题。根据该句中信息词smaller, newer, larger可以看出规模较小的学校无法开展大型学校承担的大型科研活动,vast意为"大型的,巨大的"符合题意。
  72.A) [精解] 连词用法题。根据句型结构分析,此处缺少并列连词,表示转折意味,因而but正确。
  73.B)[精解] 形容词辨义题。be essential to 为固定搭配,意为"对…至关重要,必不可少"。 根据句意,专家们认为,为了使学生和教师能够及时了解学科发展的最新信息,搞科研是很有必要的。
  74. C)[精解] 固定搭配题。根据句意,搞科研的目的是让教师和学生能够及时了解前沿信息,信息词keep,in,with和touch构成固定搭配keep in touch with,意为与…保持联系。
  75.A)[精解] 动词辨义题。根据上下文,学生上大学的目的主要是为了获取知识,acquire"获得(技能,知识等)"与knowledge 搭配符合句意。
  76.B)[精解] 形似词辨义题。根据句意学生为所选择的职业而储备知识。profession意为"职业"
  77. D)[精解] 形容词辨义题。此处讲到了大学培养人才的目的,当然不仅仅局限在知识的传授层面上,还有更高目标:培养博学、有判断能力和智慧的人,因此获得知识不是唯一目标。only此处意为"唯一的"。
  78. A)[精解] 介词辨析题。with意为"具备,具有",介词短语作定语。
  79.C)[精解] 动词辨义题。根据上文,学校的教育目标是多元的,因此学校鼓励学生去广泛结交兴趣多样的人才。encourage 意为"鼓励,鼓舞",其固定用法为encourage sb. to do sth.。
  80.C)[精解] 名词辨义题。根据上文的提示,此处指与兴趣广泛的人结交,interest"兴趣,爱好"符合题意。
  81.C)[精解] 动词辨义题。enforce意为"增强,强化",此处指增强学生对不同学科的理解。
  82.D)[精解]介词辨义题。此处作者意在表明中学生和大学生在学习知识的深度方面可以根据自身兴趣的需求或要求而不同。upon有"关于,针对"之意。
  83.D)[精解] 固定搭配题。for one's own sake也可以说成for the sake of sb.,意为"为了…的好处,出于对…的兴趣"。
  84.B)[精解] 固定搭配题。make sacrifice to do 意为"为…作出牺牲",此处指学生为了自己的兴趣爱好作出牺牲。
  85.A)[精解] 名词辨义题。根据上文暗示,学生选择的学科与知识也就是此处要表达的"知识、领域"之意,field正合题意。
  86.C)[精解] 此处缺少对contribution"贡献"一词的限定,meaningful意为"有意义的",文章最后指出,作为学习者为了兴趣与爱好学习知识,从而对人类知识而作出的贡献当然是富有意义的。
  Part VI Translation
  87.  can be applied to the development of the new technology
  [考点]① apply一词的用法。apply… to…表示"应用于;适用于";apply for表示"申请"。
  ② 情态动词的被动语态。
  88.must be wrong
  [考点]must be 推测意义句型的考查。
  89.no matter what the job is/ whatever the job is
  [考点]① no matter what 或whatever引导的让步状语从句;② 从句中的语序问题。
  90.Compared with the place where I was brought up
  [考点]①分词做状语;where引导的定语从句。
  91.Not until he finished his mission
  [考点]①not until置于句首引起的倒装句型;② mission表示"使命"。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:44 , Processed in 0.079634 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.