主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 23:06:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  新概念一直被视为英语学习的经典教材,为了让同学们能够更加全面完善的学习新概念英语第三册,新东方网英语频道将帮助同学们一起总结知识点,为同学们提供新概念英语第三册学习笔记。让我们认真学起来吧!
          Notes on the text
          课文注释
          1 A skeleton in the cupboard,直译为“柜中骷髅”,此系一成语,作“家丑”解。
          2 conceal sth, from sb. 作“对某人隐瞒某事”解。
          3 The reader's hair stands on end,读者感到毛骨悚然。
          4 to varying degrees,在不同程度上。
          5 stood in front of it petrified,站在柜前吓呆了。
          stand此处表示处于某种状态,起系动词的作用,后面常接形容词、介词短语或过去分词,表示主语处于某种状态中的特征,可视作表语。
          6 the impression that it was about to leap out…,
          that引导的从句作impression的同位语。be about to do sth. ,表示按照计划即将做的动作。
          Comprehension理解
          Give short answers to these questions in your own words as far as possible. Use one completesentence for each answer.
          1 Explain the saying ‘a skeleton in the cupboard’.
          2 What was the terrible secret of the dear old lady who had always been so kind to everybody?
          3 What does George Carlton do for a living?
          Summary writing
          摘要写作
          In not more than 80 words describe the writer's experiences from the moment he was shownto the guestroom. Use your own words as far as possible. Do not include anything that is notin the last paragraph.
          Composition
          作文
          In not more than 250 words write a continuation of the above passage in the first person. Usethe ideas given below. Do not write more than four paragraphs.
          Title: A Week-end with Sebastian.
          Introduction: George Carlton refused to remove skeleton ---- nowhere to put it.
          Development: How I spent the night ---- very uncomfortable ---- took Sebastian out of thecupboard ---- walked around the house with him looking for somewhere to put him ---- maidjust going to bed ---- saw Sebastian walking around ----screamed ---- Carton appeared ----the scene.
          Conclusion: Two years later I read about myself and Sebastian in one of Carlton's detectivestories.
          Exercises 练习
          1 We often read in novels … (1. 1) Note the position of often here. Write similar sentencesusing the words frequently, rarely, always and never. (IKS 2b) (参见第2册第2课关键句型练习b)
          2 we do not want even our closest friends to learn. (11. 10-11) Note this pattern. Write twosentences in the same way using the verbs teach and allow. (ISD 11a) (参见第2册第11课难点a)
          3 few of us have skeletons in the cupboard. (1. 11) Write sentences illustrating the differencebetween: few and a few; little and a little. (IKS 32b) (参见第2册第32课关键句型b)
          4 he is very proud of the fact. (1. 12) Which words normally follow these words: aware, ready,patient, afraid, fortunate, curious, dependent, different, skilful, familiar and close. (IKS 70) (参见第2册第70课关键句型)
          5 The sudden movement of the door made it sway. (1. 18) Note this use of make. Write twosentences using make and let. (IKS 57) (参见第2册第57课难点)
          6 ‘Oh, that, ’ he , said … (1. 21) Note this use of speech marks. (ISD 26) (参见第2册第26课难点)Write this piece of conversation again using speech marks:
          You must see Arsenic and Old Lace again Tom said. It's a wonderful film. No thank you Ianswered. I don't think I could stand it. 1 saw it years ago said Tom. I shall never forget thosedear old ladies. And I shall never forget that dreadful moment when Boris Karloff suddenlyappeared at the window I said. I nearly jumped out of my seat.
          还在等什么,快来新东方网学习吧~
            全国新东方英语课程搜索

124_121126140633.jpg

124_121126140633.jpg

230_131128093651yXKRpF16u3aYeYN9.png

230_131128093651yXKRpF16u3aYeYN9.png

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 12:22 , Processed in 0.066891 second(s), 10 queries , WinCache On.