36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 22:59:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Learning tips
学习在线教程时,建议大家先把课文听两遍,再继续听老师的讲解,自行作笔记并完成练习学习词汇时,要把单词放在语句中体会其应用学习关键句型结构时,则要把它放在段落结构或文章里体会
  Text
Lesson 2 Thirteen equals one 十三等于一
  Our vicar is always raising money for one cause or another, but he has never managed to get enough money to have the church clock repaired. The big clock which used to strike the hours day and night was damaged many years ago and has been silent ever since.
  One night, however, our vicar woke up with a start: the clock was striking the hours! Looking at his watch, he saw that it was one o'clock, but the bell struck thirteen times before it stopped. Armed with a torch, the vicar went up into the clock tower to see what was going on. In the torchlight, he caught sight of a figure whom he immediately recognized as Bill Wilkins, our local grocer.
  'Whatever are you doing up here Bill ?' asked the vicar in surprise.
  ' I'm trying to repair the bell,' answered Bill.' I've been coming up here night after night for weeks now. You see, I was hoping to give you a surprise.'
  'You certainly did give me a surprise!' said the vicar. 'You've probably woken up everyone in the village as well. Still, I'm glad the bell is working again.'
  'That's the trouble, vicar,' answered Bill. 'It's working all right, but I'm afraid that at one o'clock it will strike thirteen times and there's nothing I can do about it.'
  'We'll get used to that, Bill,' said the vicar. 'Thirteen is not as good as one, but it's better than nothing. Now let's go downstairs and have a cup of tea.'
  Language points
  Attention: The points here are not covered by the mp3. It is better for you to listen to the mp3 first and try to take notes on your own.
  1, Our vicar is always raising money for one cause or another, but he has never managed to get enough money to have the church clock repaired.
  现在进行时和always 等频度副词的搭配--表示说话人带有的情感色彩
  Tom is always doing homework.
  He is always making noises.
  one or another 表示某种、这样或那样
  get enough money 筹集足够的资金来做某事
  have sth. done 找某人来做某事
  e.g. have the plane repaired 修飞机
  have hair cut 剪头发
  tip: 在翻译中,不一定要把"找人"这两个字翻译出来,但是读者可以据常理推断这件事不是句中的主语做出的。
  让我们来下下面这两句话:
  His wallet was stolen.
  He had his wallet stolen.
  某人所遭受到的意外某种情况-----主语必须是发出动作的人
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 04:35 , Processed in 0.071016 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.