帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 20:31:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
E by
  the reason of 由于
  A as regards 关于,至于 As regards (doing) that, we haven't decided yet.
  A with/in regard to 关于,至于 =regarding; as regards
  A in/with relation to 有关,关于,涉及,..相比 I have a lot to say in relation to that affair.
  A with respect to 关于,至于 I am writing with respect to your recent letter.
  E as a result of 由于,因此 He was late as a result of the snow.
  A ring off 挂断电话,
  ring up打电话 I'd better ring off now;the baby's crying.
  A give rise to 引起,造成 Unhealthy conditions give rise to disease.
  I on the road 在旅途中(to)在..过程中 I must stop and rest; I've been on the road for 12 hours.
  E all round 周围,处处 He works all (the) year round.
  I rub out 擦掉,拭去,磨去 to rub out a word
  I as a rule 通常,照例 =usually;generally
  I.A run down 1I.撞倒,撞沉;2A.追捕,追获,追查出;3说..坏话,贬低;4.减少,缩减 1.=knock down and hurt with a vehicle 2.to run down a criminal 3.She is jealous of your success;that's why she's always running you down. 4.an industry that is running down
  I run for 竞选,追查,探究
  I run into 1.碰撞上;2共计,达到..之多;
  3.偶然遇见,撞见 1. to run one's car into a tree 2. a debt running into thousands of pounds 3.=meet (someone) by chance
  I run off 复印,打印
  I run away with 1.(感情等)战胜,不受..约束;
  2 1. Don't let your temper run away with you. 2.He ran away with his teacher's wife. 3.He's run away with all my jewels.
  I run out of 用光,耗尽 We are running out of time.
  I run over (车)碾过,撞倒 1. The water/cup ran over. 2.He was run over by a bus.
  I run through 1.浏览;2贯穿,普遍存在 Let's run through the exercises orally before writing them down.
  A in the long run 最终,从长远观点看来 It'll be cheaper in the long run to build it in stone.
  A for the sake of 为了,看在...的份上 He's just talking for the sake of hearing his own voice.
  E all the same 仍然,照样地 They want to thank you all the same.
  I on sale 出售,廉价出售
  A on a large/small scale 大/小规模地
  A on schedule 按预定时间, ahead of/on/behind schedule
  The train arrived on schedule.
  A scrape through 勉强通过 She just scraped through the examination by one mark.
  A start from scratch 从头做起,从零开始 =start from the beginning or with nothing
  I in secret 秘密地,私下地 The meeting was held in secret.
  They arrange for me to meet her in secret.
  E see off 给...送行 He saw his friend off at the bus station.
  I see through 看穿,识破 enough money to see him through ( a year abroad)
  I see to 照料,负责,注意,留心 Will you see to the children?
  E send for 派人去请,召唤,索取 Send for a doctor!
  A send off 邮寄,发送
  I send in 呈报,提交,送来
  I in a sense 从某种意义上说 You are right in a sense,but you don't know all the facts.
  I make sense 讲得通,有意义,言之有理 1.No matter how you read it,this sentence doesn't make (any) sense. 2.I can't make sense of it.
  A in sequence 顺序地 Please keep the cards in sequence;don't mix them up.
  A serve right 活该,给应得的待遇 After all you've eaten it'll serve you right if you feel ill.
  E set about +doing 开始,着手 She set about complaining as soon as she arrived.
  A set aside 1.挑出,留出,拨出;2.把...置于一旁,不理会 1.She set aside a little money each week. 2.Setting aside what I think, what would you like to do?
  I set back 1.2推迟,延缓,阻碍; 3 使花费 1. a house set 15 meter's back from the road 2. The bad weather will set back our building plans (by three weeks). 3.That new car set me back quite a lot.
  I set down 1.记下,写下;2下车 1.I have set down everything that happened,as I remember it. 2.The bus sets the children down just outside the school.
  A set forth 1.启程,动身;2.提出,(正式用语)宣布,发表 1.=set out : begin a journey(set out is more use)
  2.make known; declare: set forth one's political views.发表政见.He set forth a new theory about natural evolution.
  I set off 1.动身,出发;2. 使爆炸,3使爆发,引起;4 1.She set off on a trip across Europe. 2.The bomb could be set off at any time. 3.The discovery of gold in California set off a rush to get there. 4.a white belt to set off her blue dress
  E.A set out 1.动身,启程;2.开始;3陈述,阐明;4.摆出 1.=set off(1) 2He set out to paint the whole house but finished only the front.3.The reasons for my decision are set out in my report.4The meal was set out on a long table
  I set out to 开始 see set out (2)
  E.I set up E.建立,设立,树立
  I.资助,使自立,扶持 1.Roadblocks were set up by the police to catch the escaped prisoner. 2.The council set up a committee to inquire into local unemployment.
  E settle down 定居,过安定生活 1.She settled (herself) down in chair with a book. 2.I want to get married and settle down. 3.He soon settled down in his new school.
  A in the shape of 呈...形状,以...的形式 a cake in the shape of a heart
  I be short of 缺乏 I'm short of money this week.
  I cut short 中断,打断 Her nap was cut short by a loud noise from outside.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 19:29 , Processed in 0.074069 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.