36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 20:31:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I in the past 在过去,从前
  I pay back 偿还,回报,向...报复 1.Have I paid (you) back the $10 you lent me? 2.I'll pay you back for what you did to me.
  I pay off 1还清债;2给清工资后遣散
  3得到好结果,取得成功 1.=pay the whole of (a debt) 2.=pay and dismiss from job 3.Our plan certainly paid off; it was a great idea.
  I pay up 全部付清 =pay a debt in full, often unwillingly.
  I in person 亲自,本人 I can't come in person, but I'm sending my secretary.
  I pick out 选出,挑出;
  辨认出,分辨出; 1.=choose 2.He picked out his sister in the crowd.
  I pick up 1.2拿起,捡起;3好转,改进,增加;4.获得,学会;5车等中途搭人or中途带货;6.(借着仪器)看到,听到侦得 1.Pick up the box by the handlers. 2.Please pick up all your toys when you've finished playing. 3.Trade is picking up again. 4.Where did you pick up that book? 5.Pick me up at the hotel. 6.Can you pick up Radio Beijing with your portable radio?
  I in/out of place 适当的/不适当的 =in/not in the proper position
  E in place of 代替 =instead of:
  We use gas as fuel in place of coal.
  I in the first/last place 起初,首先 In the first place I didn't want to go,and in the second place I can't afford to.
  E take the place of 代替 Electric trains have taken the place of steam trains in Britain.
  E play with 以...为消遣,玩弄
  I come to the point 说到要点,扼要地说 I've come to the point where I can't listen to her any longer.
  A on the point of 即将...的时候 We were on the point of leaving when you telephoned us.
  I point out 指出,指明 He pointed her out to me.
  A to the point 切中要害,切题 What my father said was much to the point.
  A bring/carry into practice 实施,实行 We must put the plans into practice.
  I in practice 在实践上,实际上 It sounded a good idea, but in practice it didn't work.
  I out of practice 久不练习,荒巯 She has been out of practice on the piano for a long time.
  I at present 目前,现在 She is in Beijing at present.
  I for the present 日前,暂时 =now but not necessarily in the future
  :
  That will do for the present.
  I in proportion (to) 均衡,对称,与..杨比例 1.This drawing isn't in proportion;the car is larger than the house. 2.Are you paid in proportion to the number of hours you work?
  E in public 公开地,当众 =in the presence of other people
  : She does not seem to mind speaking in public.
  I pull down 拆毁,拉倒;拉下,降低 They are pulling down the houses in the street.
  A pull in (车)停下,进站,(船)靠岸 =arrive at a station :
  The train from Shanghai will pull in at 10 a.m.
  A pull off 脱(帽,衣等) The trick looked impossible,but she pulled it off.
  I pull on 穿上,戴上 It is very cold outside. Pull on more clothes before you go out.
  I pull out (车,船)驶出 =leave a station
  I pull up (使)停下 The car pulled up outside the station.
  A for (the) purpose of 目的,意图, 打算,企图 Did you come to London for the purpose of seeing your family,or for business purposes?
  I on purpose 故意,有意 It wasn't an accident; you did it on purpose.
  A with the purpose of 目的,意图, 打算,企图
  A put across / over 解释清楚,说明 I'm not putting my meaning across very well.
  I put aside 储存,保留 He has a little money put aside for a holiday.
  I put away 把...收起来,放好 Put the books away neatly in the cupboard.
  I put down 记下,写下 1.put down the opposition 2.=make feel humble
  I put forward 提出 May I put your name forward as a possible chairman of the committee?
  A put in 1.2花费,付出(时间,精力等
  3.正式提出,申请 1.The ship puts in at Bombay. 2.put in an hour's work;3.If the goods were damaged in the post, you can put in a claim to the post office.
  A put in for   They've put in for more money.
  E.I put off 推迟,拖延;
  劝阻,阻止 1.I'll have to put off my visit till tomorrow. 2.I put him off with a promise to pay him next week. 3.The people kept putting the speaker off by shouting. 4.His bad manners put her off. 5.Don't talk,it puts him off his game.
  I put on 1.穿上,戴上 ;2.上演;
  3.增加(体重等), 1.She put her hat and coat on. 2.She's not really ill;she put it on to gain attention. 3.to put on speed 4.=perform on a stage 5.So many people wanted to go to the match that another train had to be put on. 6.=turn on 7.=add
  I put out 1.2熄灭,关灯3.发布,公布;4伸出;5生产 1.She put the light out. 2.She was so put out by the man's rudeness that she didn't know what to say. 3.The government will put out a new statement next week. 4.She never puts herself out to help people.
  I put up 1搭起,建起,支起 2.张贴
  3.堤价 4.为...提供食宿,投宿;5.提供 1.to put up a tent 2.put up a notice 3.=increase( a price) 4.I'm afraid I can't put you up;you'll have to go to hotel. 5.What a coward;he didn't put up much of a fight. 6.She's putting her house up (for sale).
  I put up with 容忍,忍受 I can't put up with your rudeness any more; leave the room.
  A in question 正在谈论的 =under consideration;being talked about
  I at any rate 无论如何,至少 in any case;whatever happens
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 13:34 , Processed in 0.057256 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.