109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 20:31:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A for the better 好转,向好的方向发展 a change for the better= a change with good results
  I get the better of 胜过,战胜,在..中占上风 to get the better of one's opponents
  E had better 最好还是,应该 ought to, should
  I on board 在船(飞机)上 They got on board the train.
  I be bound to 必定,一定 It's bound to rain soon.
  E break away (from) 脱离,逃跑 The criminal broke away from the policemen who were holding him.
  I break down 损坏;分解,瓦解 1.They break the door down. 2. His opposition broke down. 3. The car broke down. 4. Peter broke down and wept when his mother died. 5. Chemicals in the body break our food down into useful substances.
  E.I break in 1强行进入,闯入;
  I .打断,插嘴 1.He broke in and stole my money. 2.She broke in with some ideas of her own.
  3. to break new shoes in
  I break into 1.闯入; 2.突然发生,突然开始;3突然改变步法 4侵占;5.打开并提取紧急之物 1.to break into a house 2. to break into song/ laugh/ tears 3.break into a run 4.Social
  duties break into my time/leisure.5.to break into money one has saved.
  I break off 中断,中止 1.Those two countries have broken off relations. 2. He broke off a branch.
  3. A branch broke off (the tree).
  E break out 1.2.突然发生,爆发;3.逃跑 1.War broke out. 2.She broke out in curses(大怒). 3=escape:to break out of prison
  I break through 1.突破;2.克服,征服,压倒 1.The sun break through (the clouds).
  2. The doctors broke through in their fight again heart disease.
  I break up 1.破碎,拆散,瓦解;2.终止;3.婚姻关系结束;4身体衰弱,变弱; 1. The ice will break up when the warm weather comes. 2. The police broke up the fight. 3. Their marriage broke up. 4. He may break up under all this pressure.(他累垮了)
  A catch one's breath 1. 歇口气; 2.屏息 He sat down to catch his breath.
  I out of breath 喘不过气来
  上气不接下气 He ran so fast that he was soon out of breath.
  A in brief 简单地说,简而言之 In brief he says "No".
  He is brief of speech.
  I bring about 导致,带来,招致 cause to happen: Science has brought about many changes in our lives.
  A bring down ****,降低 The pilot brought the plane down gently.
  A bring forth 提出 What suggestions do you expect them to bring forth?
  A bring forward 提出,提议 1.The director brought forward a new plan for the company. 2. The election will be brought forward to June instead of July.
  I.A bring out 1.使出现/显明;2阐释,文明; 3A公布,出版;4.帮助消除害羞心理或沉默寡言态度 1.to bring out a new kind of soap.2.break out the meaning of a poem. 3. When are the publishers bring ing out his new book? 4.=help to lose shyness or reserve: Bill is very quiet; try to bring him out
  A bring to 使恢复知觉 They brought the girl to with smelling salts.
  They brought her to.
  I bring up 抚养,培养 1.to bring up children 2. to bring up the question of your holidays
  E build up 建立 to build up one's strength
  A in bulk 大批,大量 to buy in bulk
  I burn out 烧掉 1.The building was burnt out and only the walls remained. 2. That small fire can be left to burn (itself) out. 3. The engine has/is burnt out.
  I burn up 烧尽 1.to flame more brightly or strongly 2. All the wood has been burnt up.
  A on business 因公,因事 I'm here on business, not for pleasure.
  A but for 除...之外,
  倘没有,要不是 But for her, I would have drowned.
  E by and by 不久以后,将来
  E call for 邀约,要求,需要 1.to call for the waiter. 2.Your unkind remark was not called for.3. I'll call for you at nine o'clock.
  call forth 1.引起,招致;
  2.鼓起,振作起 1.His behaviour called forth numerous protests(抗议).
  2.You will have to call forth all your energy.
  I call off 取消 1.The football match was called off because of the snow.2.Call off your dog;it tried to bite me !
  E.A call on/upon 1访问,拜访2A号召,呼吁 1.We can call on Mary tomorrow. 2. The Prime Minister called on everyone to work hard for national unity.
  I.A call up
  1A使人想起;2.I召集,动员;
  3 打电话 1.=recall 2. He was called up in 1917. 3. I'll call you up this evening.
  I care
  (nothing) about 关心/对...漠不关心
  E care for 照管,关心;A.喜欢,意欲 1.He is very good at caring for sick animals.2. I don't really care for tea, I like coffee better.
  E take care 当心,注意 =be careful
  Take care (that) you don't get drowned when you have a swim.
  E take care of 照顾,照料; Take care of the baby when I'm out.
  I carry off 拿走,夺走 1.She carried off her part in the plan with no difficulty. 2. Jean carried off all the prizes.
  E.I carry on 继续,坚持下去;I从事,经营 We'll carry on (with) our discussion tomorrow.
  E carry out 执行,贯彻 to carry out a plan
  I in any case 无论如何,总之 In any case, you'll need to be at station by nine.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:13 , Processed in 0.075130 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.