|
发表于 2016-7-11 20:04:11
|
显示全部楼层
C. 在陈述句中
陈述句在一般情况下用自然语序;但由于英语语法的某些原因,陈述句也要使用倒装语序。这些原因大致可以归纳
1) 为了避免句子部分内容不必要的重复,常用"so + be动词(助动词、情态动词)+主语"或"neither / nor + be动词(助动词、情态动词)+主语"的倒装句式。其中第一个句式表示"与前面所述的肯定情况相同", 第二个句式表示"与前面所述的否定情况相同"。例如:
His brother is a college student; so is mine.
他弟弟是大学生,我弟弟也是。
His brother is not a college student; nor is min .
他弟弟不是大学生,我弟弟也不是。
He used to have his further study abroad; so did I.
他曾去国外深造过,我也去过。
He didn‘t use to have his further study abroad; neither did I.
他没去国外深造过,我也没有。
One of my friends can speak three foreign languages; so can his wife.
我的一个朋友会说三门外国语,他的妻子也会。
One of my friends cannot speak three foreign languages; neither can his wife .我的一个朋友不会说三门外国语,他的妻子也不会。
They are now preparing for their final examinations; so are we .
他们正在为期末考试作准备,我们也一样。
They are not now preparing for their final examinations; nor are we .
他们没在为期末考试作准备,我们也没有。
2)具有否定意义的词或短语置于句首时(除否定词修饰主语外),句子一般要写成部分倒装句。这类词或短语常见的有:not, never, seldom, hardly, rarely, scarcely, by no means, under no circumstances, in no way, at no time, no sooner … (than), hardly … (when), not only … (but also), not until… ,等。例如:
Hardly had she sat down when she heard someone knocking at the door .
她还没来得及坐下来,就听见有人敲门。
Not until twelve o‘clock did he go to bed last night .
他昨晚直到十二点钟才睡觉。
Never have my sisters been to Hong Kong before .
我的妹妹们以前从未去过香港。
No sooner had I returned home from New Zealand than I bought a house and went to live there.我从新西兰一回国,就买了一栋房子并在那儿住下了。
So far as I know, seldom does Mary come back to see her mother.
就我所知,玛利几乎很难回来看她妈妈。
Scarcely a drop of rain fell here last fall . (否定词修饰主语时,句子不用倒装。) 去年秋天,这儿几乎没下一滴雨。
|
|