36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 19:48:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Constrain(7次)
Europe's earlier industrial growth was _____ by the availability of key resources, abundant and cheap labor, coal, iron ore, etc. (03/6)

A) constrained
  B) detained
  C) remained
  D) sustained
          2. Many countries have adopted systems of _____ education in order to promote the average level of education. (03/6)
          A) compulsory
  B) cardinal
  C) constrained
  D) conventional
          3. Mike just discovered that his passport had _______ three months ago. (99/6)
          A) abolished
  B) expired
  C) amended
  D) constrained
          4. In our highly technological society, the number of jobs for unskilled worker is ______.(99/1)
          A) shrinking
  B) obscuring
  C) altering
  D) constraining
          5. Her interest in redecorating the big house kept her ________ for a whole week. (98/6)
          A) constrained
  B) dominated
  C) restricted
  D) occupied
          6. This kind of material can _______ heat and moisture. (97/6)
          A) delete
  B) compel
  C) constrain
  D) repel
          7. The mayor was asked to __________ his speech in order to allow his audience to raise questions. (97/1)
          A) constrain
  B) conduct
  C) condense
  D) converge
          Assurance(3次)
My boss has failed me so many times that I no longer place any ___on what he promises. (05/6)

A) assurance
  B) probability
  C) reliance
  D) conformity
          2. The manager gave her his ________ that her complaint would be investigated. (02/1)
          A) assurance
  B) assumption
  C) sanction
  D) insurance
          3. The director gave me his ________ that he would double my pay if I did my job well. (01/1)
          A) warrant
  B) obligation
  C) assurance
  D) certainty
          Authorize(3次)
A membership card ____the holder to use the club's facilities for a period of twelve months. (03/9)

A) approves
  B) authorizes
  C) rectifies
  D) endows
          2. I told him that I would _______ him to act for me while I was away from office. (03/6)
          A) authorize
  B) justify
  C) rationalize
  D) identify
          3. Some American colleges are state-supported, others are privately _______ , and still others are supported by religious organizations. (02/1)
          A) ensured
  B) attributed
  C) authorized
  D) endowed
          Cater(2次)
More than 85 percent of French Canada's population speaks French as a mother tongue and _______ to the Roman Catholic faith. (02/12)

A) caters
  B) adheres
  C) ascribes
  D) subscribes
          2. We should ________ our energy and youth to the development of our country. (02/1)
          A) dedicate
  B) cater
  C) ascribe
  D) cling
          Claim(2次)
When he tried to make a ______ , he found that the hotel that he wanted was completelyfilled because of a convention. (99/1)

A) complaint
  B) claim
  C) reservation
  D) decision
          2. When he tried to make a ________ , he found that the hotel was completely filled because of a convention. (98/6)
          A) reservation
  B) claim
  C) mess
  D) revision
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 14:52 , Processed in 0.063818 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.