36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 19:33:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  15.The Goal of Life
          A story goes that a disabled young man managed to reach the peak of every famous high mountain in the world before he was 28. He did all this just as his parents told him to do in their will. But the young man committed suicide in the end and his last words were: “now I have nothing to do with all my goals achieved and my fame well established. I have no new goals.”
          This story might not be true, but it conveys profound messages. First, one should have a grand ideal and associate it with the needs of society. Secondly, one should have his own pursuits and should not follow others blindly.
          The story is especially instructive when we think of similar happenings around us. Some people, after making a fortune, feel empty and desperate, resorting to drugs or other low style of life. Still more young people do the same because they are in lack of lofty ideals and are only drifting with the tide.
          As far as I am concerned, I would like to devote myself to any cause that is beneficial to mankind. My short-term goal is to learn about environmental protection and find a job in this field. And I believe this is a meaningful and useful career. It is worth my life-long efforts. I will keep finding and attaining new goals in this field.

相关导读:
        >>>2012年英语四六级备考--有效利用历年真题
        >>>新东方学员四级高分心得
        小编推荐:
        >>>大学英语六级考试写作评分标准
        >>>名师指导:2012英语六级考试写作范文分析
        >>>2012年6月大学英语四级考试写作辅导汇总
        更多内容请关注》》新东方网四六级频道
        新东方四六级》》课程推荐
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 21:15 , Processed in 0.079295 second(s), 13 queries , WinCache On.