主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 19:07:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Passage One Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.

11. A) Social work.

B) Medical care

C) Applied physics

D) Special education.

12. A) The timely advice from her friends and relatives.

B) The two-year professional training she received.

C) Her determination to fulfill her dream.

D) Her parents’ consistent moral support.

13. A) To get the funding for the hospitals.

B) To help the disabled children there.

C) To train therapists for the children there.

D) To set up an institution for the handicapped.

答案:

11、B) Medical care

12、C) Her determination to fulfill her dream.

13、B) To help the disabled children there.

原文:

Passage 1

Born and raised in central Ohio, I'm a country girl through and through. I'm currently studying to become a physical therapist, a career path that marks a great achievement for me. At Ohio State University, admission into the physical therapy program is intensely competitive. I made it pass the first cut the first year I applied, but was turned down for admission. I was crushed, because for years I have been determined to become a physical therapist. I received advice from friends and relatives about changing my major and finding another course for my life. I just couldn't do it. I knew I could not be as happy in another profession. So I stilled myself, began to work seriously for another year and reapplied. Happily I received notice of my admission. Later, I found out that less than 15% of the applicant had been offered positions that year. Now in the first two years of professional training, I couldn't be happier with my decision not to give up on my dream. My father told me that if I wanted it badly enough, I would get in. Well, Daddy, I wanted it. So there. After graduation, I would like to travel to another country, possibly a Latin American country and work in a children's hospital for a year or two. So many of the children there are physically handicapped but most hospitals don't have the funding to hire trained staff to care for them properly. I would like to change that somehow.

11. What is the speaker's field of study?

12. According to the speaker, what contributed to her admission to Ohio State University?

13. Why does the speaker want to go to a Latin American country?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 04:51 , Processed in 0.082875 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.