主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 19:07:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  I'm interested in the criminal justice system of our country. It seems to me that something has to be done if we’re to (36) ___ as a country. I certainly don't know what the answers to our problems are. Things certainly get (37) ____in a hurry when you get into them. But I wonder if something couldn't be done to deal with some of these problems. One thing I'm concerned about is our practice of putting (38) _____ in jail who haven't harmed anyone. Why not work out some system (39) _____ they can pay back the debts they owe society instead of (40) ___ another debt by going to prison, and of course, coming under the (41) ____of hardened criminals? I'm also concerned about the short prison sentences people are (42) ______ for serious crimes. Of course, one alternative to this is to (43) ______ capital punishment, but I'm not sure I would be for that. I'm not sure it's right to take an eye for eye. (44) _________________________________________________________________. I also think we must do something about the insanity plea. In my opinion, anyone who takes another person’s life intentionally is insane; however, (45) ______________________________________________________________________. It’s sad, of course, that a person may have to spend the rest of his life, or (46) __________________________________________________________________.

答案

36. survive

37. complicated

38. offenders

39. whereby

40. incurring

41. influence

42. serving

43. restore

44. The alternative to capital punishment is longer sentences. But they would certainly cost the tax payers much money.

45. that does not mean that person isn't guilty of the crime, or that he shouldn't pay society the debt he owes.

46. a large part of it in prison for acts that he committed while not in full control of his mind.

原文

I’m interested in the criminal justice system of our country. It seems to me that something has to be done, if we’re to survive as a country. I certainly don’t know what the answers to our problems are. Things certainly get complicated in a hurry when you get into them, but I wonder if something couldn’t be done to deal with some of these problems. One thing I’m concerned about is our practice of putting offenders in jail who haven’t harmed anyone. Why not work out some system whereby they can pay back the debts they owe society instead of incurring another debt by going to prison and, of course, coming under the influence of course, coming under the influence of hardened criminals. I’m also concerned about he short prison sentences people are serving for serious crimes. Of course one alternative to this is to restore capital pu8nishment, but I’m not sure I would be for that. I’m not sure it’s right to take an eye . The alternative to capital punishment is longer sentences but they would certainly cost the tax-payers much money. I also think we must do something about the insanity plea. In my opinion, anyone who takes another person’s life intentionally is insane; however, that does not mean that the person isn’t guilty of the crime or that he shouldn’t pay society the debt he owes. It’s sad, of course, that a person may have to spend the rest of his life, or a large part of it in prison for acts that he committed while not in full control of his mind.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 06:25 , Processed in 0.061075 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.