帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 19:06:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Part I Writing (写作参考范文)
  Living in College Dormitories
  Many students are obliged to share accommodation with others in college. Living in dormitories
  may seem awkward at first, but it may prove to be a very rewarding experience. In this essay, both
  benefits and disadvantages will be discussed。
  If you have never shared with someone, you may have some difficulties adjusting. You may find
  others very different in character and habits and not suit you as companions. For some people, the lack
  of privacy is the biggest challenge, while others may find their roommates over-sensitive or distant。
  Despite the problems, there are many positive aspects to sharing. Since new students are often
  far away from their families and friends, they may experience loneliness and homesickness, and face
  new challenges in their studies. Sharing offers companionship to students who might otherwise have
  to face these problems alone. Furthermore, since college is not just about academic learning, sharing
  is an opportunity to develop communication skills and abilities to deal with different people. Besides,
  roommates can learn from each other about new interests and explore new activities。
  In conclusion, I think that there are more benefits than disadvantages in living in college dormitories, but it depends on dealing with concerns honestly and sensitively in order to make student life
  as happy as possible。
  Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning) (15 minutes )
  1. B 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. B 7. A
  8. daily and routine
  9. violent entertainment
  10. characters from mature entertainment
  Part III Listening Comprehension (35 minutes)
  11. C 12. A 13. C 14. B 15. B
  16. B 17. D 18. C 19. D 20. D
  21. A 22. B 23. D 24. C 25. D
  26. D 27. B 28. C 29. D 30. B
  31. D 32. C 33. C 34. C 35. D
  36. geographic 37. inland 38. consisting 39. reclaimed
  40. gently 41. irrigated 42. fertile 43. averaging
  44. The climate near the sea is humid and mild. Farther inland, a marked increase in the range of
  temperature occurs。
  45. Fog and rain are common, and April and November are particularly rainy months。
  46. Along the coast, the average range is 1 degree to 5 degrees Centigrade in January and 14 to 20
  degrees Centigrade in July。
  Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth) (25 minutes)
  Section A
  47. to donate blood
  48. 38 (blood) collection regions。
  49. (ones that were) not life threatening
  50. after holidays
  51. blood supply
  Section B
  52. C 53. A 54. B 55. A 56. D
  57. D 58. C 59. A 60. D 61. C

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 20:43:32 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Part V Cloze
  62. D 63. B 64. C 65. A 66. A
  67. D 68. A 69. B 70. B 71. A
  72. C 73. A 74. B 75. A 76. A
  77. A 78. A 79. D 80. B 81. C
  Part VI Translation
  82. I’d rather you didn’t take those important documents with you。
  83. This factory, whose workers are all women, was closed for Women’s Holiday。
  84. The more you care about the impression you make on others, the more you will feel nervous。
  Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any further information。
  86.It’s a waste of time trying to persuade them。

Tape Scripts of Listening Comprehension

College English Test, Band 6, Part III, Listening Comprehension。
  Section A
  Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end
  of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both
  the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there
  will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer
  Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre。
  Now let’s begin with the 8 short conversations。
  Question 。
  W: I studied French in high school, but I never really learned it until I spent a few months living in
  Paris after graduating from college。
  M: Really? Using the language makes all the difference, doesn’t it?
  Q: What does the woman mean?
  Question 12.
  M: My parents want to come for a visit next weekend, but I checked every hotel in the area, and all
  seemed to be full。
  W: Why not call the Triumph, it’s not so close to campus but it’s always got a few vacancies。
  Q: What does the woman suggest the man should do?
  Question 13.
  W: Hey Mark, have you been able to sell your old piano yet?
  M: Ah, you were right, just posting notices on bulletin boards at a couple of supermarkets wasn’t
  enough. I think I’ll have to place an advertisement in the local newspaper。
  Q: What does the man imply?
  Question 14.
  W: We had a delicious Sunday brunch at that new hotel downtown. You should try it sometime。
  M: I didn’t even know the building was finished. You can tell how much I’ve been working for the
  last two months。
  Q: What does the man imply?
  Question 15.
  M: Thank goodness spring break starts next week. Are you doing anything special?
  W: I have been planning to go to Florida with a friend of mine. But since she’s backed out, everything’s sort of in the air。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 21:16:20 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Q: What does the woman mean?
  Question 16.
  W: I need you to send this package to the main office so it’ll arrive before Wednesday’s meeting。
  M: Is there anyone else who can do this because I’ll have my hands full with the report. It will probably take me a whole afternoon to prepare it。
  Q: What does the man suggest the woman do?
  Question 17.
  M: The conference on language and literacy education is only a month away, but there are still a few
  things that our organizing committee needs to work out。
  W: Then it’s clear that we’d better meet again and soon. Would you mind setting it up?
  Q: What does the woman want the man to do?
  Question 8.
  W: I hear your company isn’t moving to the West Coast after all。
  M: Well, not for the time being. But I’ve been looking into other employment opportunities here
  anyway, just in case。
  Q: What does the man mean?
  Now you’ll hear the two long conversations。
  Conversation One
  M: Background music is supposed to influence your attitudes and put you in the right mood. You’re
  not supposed to notice it, but it’s just there, in the background。
  W: I’m not sure I like that idea。
  M: Well, it seems to work. Companies pay millions of dollars every year for background music. It’
  s supposed to give you a better feeling about yourself and the people around you. Factories use it
  a lot. It makes the workers happy, and they work better that way. In one factory, music increased
  production by 4.5 percent。
  W: I should think they’d get tired of hearing music all day。
  M: They don’t though. One fellow in San Francisco told me, ‘If the music stops, somebody always
  runs to the telephone to complain.’
  W: Now that I think about it, I can’t remember when there wasn’t background music in restaurants
  and stores。
  M: Actually, background music started during World War II when some factories had their own orchestras to keep workers happy and calm. Now, of course, the music is piped in by a machine,
  and different kinds of music are played at different times during the day. They play faster music
  at ten in the morning than at eight, for instance, because workers tend to be slower then。
  W: What about restaurants? Do they play the same music for dinner and lunch?
  M: I don’t know about that, but I do know that hamburger places play fast music. When they started
  playing faster music, they found that a customer spent only seventeen minutes eating. The time
  was twenty-two minutes before that。
  W: So they have more people coming in and out to buy hamburgers。
  M: Exactly. And that’s good for business. You can see why music has become so popular. In Los Angeles, for instance, thirty different companies are selling background music services。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 22:10:48 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  W: I still think there’s something about it that I don’t quite like。
  M: I know what you mean, but lots of people wouldn’t agree with you. The Xerox Corporation in
  Rochester, N.Y. spends more than $80,000 a year for background music. Prisons use it, and farmers use it to keep their cattle calm. It’s even supposed to have an effect on plants。
  W: Well, it may calm cattle, but it’s not making me forget I’m hungry. Let’s try to get that waitress
  to bring us a menu。
  Questions 19 to 21 are based on the conversation you have just heard。
  Question 19. Where does this conversation take place?
  Question 20. What is the purpose of playing background music in a factory?
  Question 21. Which of the following is true about background music according to this dialogue?

Conversation Two

Tutor: Hello Angela, I was expecting you. Welcome to the university. Take a seat。
  Angela: Thanks。
  Tutor: Now, as you know we held the introductory session yesterday…so I’m going to run through
  the main points for you again. Just let me see… OK, so you are going on to do a master de
  gree。
  Angela: Yes, that’s right, I already have a first degree in Economics, so my master will be in Business Studies and Marketing。
  Tutor: Well, I’m sure this preparation course will help you with that! So, let me tell you something
  about it. Basically, the course is divided into two main components: Academic Writing and
  Study Skills—both nine hours per week, and in addition you will get two hours of Social
  English。
  Angela: Oh, that sounds like a lot of hours. I wasn’t expecting as many as that! Are there lessons
  every day?
  Tutor: Yes, the Academic Writing classes are in the mornings and the Study Skills sessions are in
  the afternoons—but not every afternoon, Wednesday is free. And you are free at the weekends, of course。
  Angela: And the Social English?
  Tutor: That’s mornings too—in fact let me give you your timetable and then you will be clear
  about when your classes are and who will be teaching you。
  Angela: Thanks. Are there a lot of students on this course?
  Tutor: Oh, about 35—between them I think we have twenty four different nationalities—and there
  are 3 different groups. These groups are divided according to level. Anyway, to get back to
  the course, the writing classes will focus on academic writing and grammar and you will
  have to do a final piece of writing at the end of the course。
  Angela: What, you mean like a dissertation, or a long essay?
  Tutor: Well, more of a project report, really. So it doesn’t have to be too long—usually about 2,000
  words, presenting findings from some research you will be expected to do。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 22:56:27 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard。
  Question 22. In which field is Angela going to further her studies?
  Question 23. What does the preparation course consist of?
  Question 24. When will Angela have classes?
  Question 25. For which course will Angela write a project report?
  Section B
  Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear
  some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you
  hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B),
  C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line
  through the center。
  Passage One
  Our electric car is the way of the future. Automobile manufacturers are under the pressure to
  develop cars that do not pollute. One powerful motive is a California law requiring that by the year
  2000, 10% of the new cars sold in the state be so-called zero emission vehicles. These cars must put
  no pollutants whatsoever into the atmosphere. California is a huge market for the automobile companies. So they are working hard to meet this standard. So far the electric car seems to be the best
  alternative. So the biggest advantage of electric cars is that they don’t pollute. However they will be
  in competition with gas-powered cars. And that’s where the weaknesses come out. The big problem
  is that the batteries in electric cars weigh a lot relative to the amount of power they deliver. For instance in one electric car the batteries weigh four hundred kilograms and they provide enough energy
  to go 250 km before recharging, which takes 8 hours. Compare that to a moderately fuel efficient
  conventional car it can go 400-700 km on a tank of gas. And refilling takes just minutes. If there are
  other drains on an electric car’s batteries besides a motor, headlights, air-conditioning or a heater, its
  already limited range would be significantly reduced. So automobile engineers are trying to make
  more powerful batteries that would increase the car’s range and make them more attractive to buyers。
  Questions 26 to 28 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  Question 26. What is the talk mainly about?
  2009-10-30 9:45:12
  Question 27. What is the main advantage of electric cars over gas-powered cars?
  Question 28. What is the main drawback of an electric car?

Passage Two

If you were a college student there are several things you should know about renting an apartment. First, you must know how to look for a place to live. Friends, teachers and other people you
  meet may know of apartments that are available. You may also find a place to live by looking in a

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 00:28:52 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  campus or see it in newspapers. In some towns, there are rental agencies that can help you find an
  apartment, but think carefully about using agencies. Usually they will charge you a fee. You should
  also walk around and look for buildings with “For Rent” signs。
  When you go to look at apartments to rent, there are several things you ought to do. First, you
  should find out if the apartment is safe. Be sure there are good locks on all the windows and doors。
  It is also a good idea to check all the appliances as well as the water and electricity to be sure everything is working. It might also be a good idea to talk to other people who rent apartments in the same
  building. This will help you to find out if there are any problems。
  If you decide to rent an apartment, the landlord would probably want you to sign a lease. This
  is a legal contract and you ought to read it carefully. You will also need to pay a security deposit. If
  there is no damage the landlord has to return this money to you when you leave。
  Questions 29 to 31 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  Question 29. How many ways of finding apartments are mentioned in this talk?
  Question 30. What does the speaker advise you to do to make sure the apartment is safe?
  Question 31. What should you do if you decide to rent an apartment?
  Passage Three
  Many studies have been made recently about hand preference in human. They have brought
  interesting results. It has been found, for instance, that many more men than women are left handed;
  that all children use both hands about equally until they are three years old; and that hand preference
  is not clearly marked until age six. Above that age, most people not only favor one particular hand,
  but they also have a favorite eye, a favorite ear and foot。
  We know that the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain. It seems that
  this particular half is the seat of emotion, imagination, and of the sense of space. And, indeed, lefties
  seem to be more creative than their right-handed fellow humans; they also seem to be more athletic
  and to do better in some professions which—like sports—require a good sense of space. In a large
  school of architecture, it was found in 1977 that 29 percent of the professors and 23 percent of the
  graduating students were left-handed—while lefties represent less than 10 percent of the general population。
  Lefties manage to drive, to sew, to paint, to use machines as well as any right hander. It is not
  easy for them, however, to struggle with tools, school desks, automobile and television controls, and many ordinary objects. Fortunately the creation of Left-Handers International has attracted attention

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 00:43:50 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  to their problems and caused the appearance of special stores offering all sorts of objects for lefties,
  including wrist-watches, musical instruments, pencil-sharpeners, cameras, scissors, and books that
  show them how to play left-handed guitar and left-handed golf。
  Questions 32 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  Question 32. According to the talk, when do children usually form their hand preference?
  Question 33. What does the speaker think about the right-handers?
  Question 34. Which of the following are the left-handed people most likely to be good at?
  Question 35. Why are there more left-handed athletes?

Section C

Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the
  first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read
  for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from 36 to 43 with
  the exact words you have just heard. For blanks numbered from 44 to 46 you are required to fill in the missing information. For these blanks you can either use the exact
  words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally,
  when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written。
  Now listen to the passage
  Belgium has three main (36)geographic regions: the coastal plain, the central plateau and the
  highlands. The coastal plain extends (37)inland 16 to 48 kilometers on the northwest. Along the
  North Sea is a low-lying area (38)consisting mainly of sandy hills and sections of land (39)reclaimed
  from the sea. The coastal plain’s elevation ranges from sea level to 20 meters。
  The central plateau is a (40)gently rolling, slightly elevated area, (41)irrigated by many waterways and containing a number of wide, (42)fertile valleys with a rich soil. The highlands, a densely-
  wooded plateau,(43) averaging 460 meters in elevation, extend across southeastern Belgium and into
  northeastern France. Located here is the highest peak in Belgium with an elevation of 694 meters。
  (44)The climate near the sea is humid and mild. Farther inland, a marked increase in the range
  of temperature occurs. In the highlands, hot summers alternate with cold winters. Heavy rains are
  confined almost exclusively to the highlands。(45) Fog and rain are common, and April and November are particularly rainy months. In Brussels, the average temperatures range from zero to 5 degrees
  Centigrade in January and from 13 to 22 degrees Centigrade in July. (46)Along the coast, the average
  range is 1 degree to 5 degrees Centigrade in January and 14 to 20 degrees Centigrade in July。
  Now the passage will be read again。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 02:02:11 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Belgium has three main (36)geographic regions: the coastal plain, the central plateau and the
  highlands. The coastal plain extends (37)inland 16 to 48 kilometers on the northwest. Along the
  North Sea is a low-lying area (38)consisting mainly of sandy hills and sections of land (39)reclaimed
  The central plateau is a (40)gently rolling, slightly elevated area, (41)irrigated by many waterways and containing a number of wide, (42)fertile valleys with a rich soil. The highlands, a densely-
  wooded plateau,(43) averaging 460 meters in elevation, extend across southeastern Belgium and into
  northeastern France. Located here is the highest peak in Belgium with an elevation of 694 meters。
  (44)The climate near the sea is humid and mild. Farther inland, a marked increase in the range
  of temperature occurs. In the highlands, hot summers alternate with cold winters. Heavy rains are
  confined almost exclusively to the highlands。(45) Fog and rain are common, and April and November are particularly rainy months. In Brussels, the average temperatures range from zero to 5 degrees
  Centigrade in January and from 13 to 22 degrees Centigrade in July. (46)Along the coast, the average
  range is 1 degree to 5 degrees Centigrade in January and 14 to 20 degrees Centigrade in July。
  Now the passage will be read for the third time。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 03:09:41 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  This is the end of listening comprehension。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:21 , Processed in 0.072323 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.