1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 03:47:44 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  62. A) but              B) then             C) and               D) however
  63. A) Generally        B) However          C) Possibly          D) Likewise
  64. A) to produce       B) who produces     C) produce           D) how to produce
  65. A) Out of question  B) Though           C) Probably          D) Undoubted
  66. A) escaping         B) locking          C) opening           D) dropping
  67. A) Surprisingly     B) Obviously        C) Perhaps           D) Although
  68. A) when             B) where            C) how               D) what
  69. A) if               B) whether          C) as to             D) that
  70. A) invented         B) invent           C) being invented    D) inventing
  71. A) use              B) place            C) view              D) absence
  72. A) involved         B) closed           C) connected         D) bound
  73. A) at               B) by               C) in                D) for
  74. A) rid              B) charged          C) accused           D) deprived

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 04:11:25 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  75. A) candle           B) mud              C) something         D) substance
  76. A) As               B) Usually          C) Maybe             D) Then
  77. A) overall          B) all but          C) no longer         D) altogether
  78. A) up               B) down             C) around            D) in
  79. A) it               B) which            C) that              D) him
  80. A) chest            B) body             C) lid               D) chain
  81. A) brought up       B) sunk             C) broken apart      D) snapped
  Part Ⅵ   Translation (5 minutes)
  82. It is well-known that _________________________ (退休工人有资格享受免费的医疗)。
  83. Because his health is getting worse, _________________________ (他不得不克制自己以免饮酒过度)。
  84. Mike has never done anything against law, _________________________ (即使像打碎邻居家的窗户这样的小过错也都没有犯过)。
  85. The truth in question is that success in life depends chiefly on sustained efforts _________________________ (这种努力来源于对所选职业的一种深厚的兴趣)。
  86. But ability and patience do not account for all scientific discoveries which _________________________ (常常与创造性的想象力紧密相关)。

参考答案(2)

Part I   Sample Writing
  Reduce Waste on Campus
  As is known to all, waste on campus has become a more and more serious problem. We can easily see many students dump a lot of food in the garbage can. Some students spend thousands of yuan buying fashionable clothes and so on。
  The negative effects of waste can be shown in the following aspects. In the first place, it makes some students dependent on their parents for money, which is harmful to their development. If they don't learn to support themselves, they will be "useless people" when they graduate. In the second place, it is not easy for our parents to arrange for our schooling. Last but not the least important, there is no denying the fact that our country is still poor. There are many people who cannot go to university and many poor people still need our help。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 05:27:24 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  As far as I am concerned, I should set a good example to reduce waste on campus. First of all, I will refrain from wasting anything, from food to stationery. What's more, I'm determined to call on more schoolmates to fight against waste. Only through these measures can we hope to reduce waste on campus。
  Part Ⅱ  Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
  1. Y    2. N    3. NG    4. Y
  5. a member of the human species
  6. male people only
  7. a singular pronoun
  8. men only
  9. the incorrect grammar
  10. the plural
  Part Ⅲ  Listening Comprehension
  Section A
  11--15    BDCDC     16--20    ABBDB      21--25    DDCBA
  Section B
  26--30    DBCAB      31--35    CBACC
  Section C
  36. twentieth           37. pioneering        38, misguided        39. corresponding
  40. position             41. scene            42. conventions      43. revolutionary
  44. The close-up had been used before though only rarely and merely as a visual stunt
  45. called After Many Years was the dramatic potential of the close-up exploited
  46. This cutting from one scene to another without finishing either of them brought a torrent of criticism on the experiments
  Part Ⅳ Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
  Section A
  47. exceed/are more than
  48. well-prepared/better qualified
  49. De-layering。
  50. increasing/on the increase
  51. The employers. /Employers。
  Section B
  52--56     CADCA     57--61  DBACB
  Part Ⅴ  Cloze
  62--66    ABCCA     67--71    DCDAB
  72--76    DCCDA    77--81    DABAA
  Part Ⅵ Translation
  82. retired workers are entitled to free medical care
  83. he has to restrain himself from drinking too excessively
  84. even for such a minor offense as breaking a window of his neighbor
  85. springing out of a deep interest in one's chosen occupation
  86.often have much to do with creative imagination

试题解答(2)

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 07:05:36 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#

Part Ⅱ Reading Comprehension(Skimming and Scanning)
  1.根据“‘Man’”部分第一段“Man once was a truly generic word referring to all humans,but has gradually narrowed in meaning to become a word that refers to adult male human beings. Anglo-Saxons used the word to refer to all people. One example of this occurs when an Anglo- Saxon writer refers to a seventh-century English princess as‘a wonderful man.’”可见,“man”这个词最初是泛指所有人的,到了17世纪还有作家把公主描述成“a wonderful man。”。故此句判断为YES。
  2.由“‘Man’”部分第二段中的“By the 18th century,the modern,narrow sense of man was firmly established as the predominant one...Jefferson had to be using the word men in its principal sense of“males,”and it probably never occurred to him that anyone would think otherwise。”可知到了18世纪“man”这个词已经狭义指男性了。接着作者举了两个例子。第二个例子是杰斐逊的《独立宣言》。由于当时女性没有选举权,杰斐逊所用的“man”是专指男性的。故此句判断为NO。
  3.由“The Pronoun Problem”部分第二段最后一句“In 1879,for example,a move to admit female physicians to the all-male Massachusetts Medical Society was effectively blocked on the grounds that the society's by-laws describing membership used the pronoun he。”可知拒绝女医生加入协会的原因是该协会的细则在描述其成员时用的是代词“he”。因此;原文只是说明了拒绝接纳女成员的原因,并没有提及多少人被拒之门外。故信息不充分。此句判断为NOT GIVEN。
  4.根据“The Pronoun Problem”部分第一段第一、二句“The first grammars of modern English were written in the 16th and 17th centuries.They were mainly,intended to help boys from upper class families prepare for the study of Latin,a language most scholars considered superior to English。”可知现代英语的语法最初写于16、17世纪,是为了上流社会家庭的男孩于学习拉丁语而写的。故此句判断为YES。
  5.由“‘Man’”部分第一段第三句“Man paralleled the Latin word homo,‘a member of the human species,’not vir,‘an adult male of the species.’”。可知此题正确答案为“a member of the human species”。
  6.由“‘Man’”部分第二段倒数第二句“Studies of college students and school children indicate that even when the broad definitions of‘man’and‘men’are taught, they tend to conjure up images of male people only。”可见即使教学生了解了这两个词的广义含义是指泛指人,他们仍然还是只想到男性。故本题正确答案为“male people only。”
  7.由“The Pronoun Problem”部分第二段第一句“‘He’started to be used as a generic pronoun by grammarians who were trying to change a long-established tradition of using ‘they’as a singular pronoun。”可知语法学家用“he”来作泛指代词是试图改变用“they”来作单数代词的传统。故此题正确答案为“a singular pronoun”。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 08:37:31 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  8.由“The Pronoun Problem”部分第三段第二句“Studies have confirmed that most people understand‘he’to refer to men only。”可见人们看到代词“he”想到的只是男性。故此题答案为“men only”。
  9.由“Solving the Pronoun Problem”部分第一段中的“Most people,when writing and speaking informally,rely on singular they as a matter of course...Some people are annoyed by the incorrect grammar that this solution necessitates,but this construction is used more and more frequently。”可见人们经常把“they”用作单数代词来解决代词的性别歧视问题。尽管有人认为这种用法不合语法,但它的使用频率越来越高。故本题的正确答案是“the incorrect grammar”。
  10.由“Solving the Pronoun Problem”部分第三段中的“Pluralizing—A writer can often recast material in the plural.For Instance,instead of‘As he advances in his program,the medical student has increasing opportunities for clinical work,’try‘As they advance in their program,medical students have increasing opportunities for clinical work.’”可见避免代词的性别歧视的另一个方法是用复数替代单数。故此句正确答案为“the plural”。
  Part Ⅲ Listening Comprehension(听力原文在光盘中)
  Tape Script of Listening Comprehension
  Section A
  Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the center。
  11.   W: How do you like the play?
  M: Oh, I've seen worse。
  Q: What does the man mean?
  12.   M: What's happening with the new library building?
  W: The work crew is just finishing it up。
  Q: What does the woman say about the library?
  13. M: I'm not quite sure how to use this calculator you lent me. I dropped it, and now the on-button doesn't light up。
  W: Oh, that's okay, it hasn't been working right for some time now。
  Q: What was the man's problem?
  14.   M: The city is going to tear down those old houses and put up a new shopping center。
  W: Another shopping center, that's nothing new。
  Q: What does the woman mean?
  15.   W: Do you know anyone who would do some typing on short notice?
  M: How big is the job?
  Q: What does the man want to know?
  16.   W: I suggest we go to the concerts for the weekend。
  M: Whatever you decide is fine with me。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 09:42:24 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Q: What does the man mean?
  17.    W: I am sorry I am having trouble reading my notes. Did you say three lunches in that first paragraph?
  M: No. I said free lunches, the children don’t have to pay for them. And there are many lunches involved, you know, a lot more than three。
  Q. What did the man say about the lunches?
  18.    W: If Tom and Marry don’t come to the party, I’ll have 13.
  M: Let’s invite two more just in case。
  Q: If everyone comes, how many will be at the party?
  Now you’ll hear two long conversations。
  Conversation One
  M:    Hello, how can I help you?
  W:    My son isn't feeling well and I'd like to get some advice。
  M:    What seems to be the problem?
  W: Well, he has been coughing for several days now. I'm wondering if he should come in and see the doctor。
  M:     How old is he?
  W:     He is 3 years old。
  M:    Does he have any other symptoms like fever, runny nose, or loss of appetite?
  W: No, actually other than the cough, he seems healthy. I am concerned though, because some of his sister's friends have whooping cough and I know that it can be very contagious. Isn't that a pretty serious illness?
  M:    It can be serious with babies. Has your son been immunized against whooping cough?
  W:   I'm not sure. He did get all of the suggested vaccinations. I will look it up in our records。
  M:   If he has been immunized recently, it is very unlikely that he would catch whooping cough, even if he has been exposed。
  W:    Sounds like I don't have to worry about that, but what shall I do about his cough?
  M:   It will help if you give him lots of fluids and a hot bath before bedtime. Keep an eye on the cough to watch to see if it gets worse. Call us again if he has a fever or if you are still concerned。
  W:    Thanks for your advice。
  M:    You are welcome. Good-bye。
  W:    Bye-bye。

Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you have just heard。
  19. What’s wrong with the child?
  20. Why is the mother worried about the child’s cough?
  21. Why does the doctor think that it is unlikely for the child to catch the whooping cough?
  22. Which of the following is not a suggestion the doctor gives to the mother?
  Conversation Two
  W:     Can you tell me some of your strong points?
  M:     With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any thing I do。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 10:35:21 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  W:     Give me a brief introduction of your current job experience。
  M:   I have been working as a computer programmer for five years. To be specific, I do system analysis, trouble shooting and provide software support。
  W:     What have you done for your current organization?
  M:   I have finished three new projects, and I am sure I can apply my experience to this position。
  W:     What makes you think you would be a success in this position?
  M:   My graduate school training along with my internship should qualify me for this job. I am sure I will be successful。
  W:     Do you work well under stress or pressure?
  M:     I can deal with it well since it is quite common in my current position.
  W:     What leadership qualities did you have?
  M:   I feel that learning how to motivate people and to work together as a team will be the major goal of my leadership。
  W:   How do you deal with the trouble you have with your colleagues in your work?
  M:     I will try to present my ideas in a more clear and open way in order to get my points across。
  Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard。
  23. What is the relationship between the two speakers?
  24. What is the profession of the man?
  25. What is the major goal of leadership according to the dialogue?
  Section B
  Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the center。
  Passage One
  Job-seeking skills research clearly proves that employers focus on four areas during an interview: 1) attitude, which counts approximately 40 percent; 2) appearance, 25 percent; 3) communication skills (verbal and nonverbal), 25 percent; and 4) job skill qualifications, 10 percent. Does this surprise you? When you analyze it, it shouldn't。
  Remember, you are screened into the interview on the basis of your resume, cover letter, and application for employment, which outline your education, work experience, and qualifications for the job. The interview, which usually lasts from 20 to 40 minutes, does not provide adequate time for employers to evaluate this kind of background information. Employers request this data beforehand so that they may have the time necessary to read and review your background as it relates to the job, and to compare it with information submitted by other applicants。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 12:09:57 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  The employer's purpose for giving you an interview is to get to know you as a person. This is why your attitude is the most important determinant of your success in the interview. Likewise, your appearance is the very first thing the interviewer will evaluate — and first impressions do make lasting impressions. Of course, job skill qualifications also count during the interview, and it is your responsibility to make certain your qualifications for the job are clearly covered during the interview。
  Questions 26 to 28 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  26. What is the most important element that will determine your success in the interview?
  27. What is the employer's purpose for giving you an interview?
  28. Which statement is NOT true according to the passage?
  Passage Two
  Social Security is one of the great moral achievements of American government. For almost 70 years, it has kept millions of elderly citizens out of poverty and assured young Americans of a secure future. The Social Security system is essential, yet it faces a long-term problem。
  While benefits for today's seniors are secure, the system is headed towards bankruptcy down the road. Each year there are more retirees taking money out of the system, and not enough additional workers to support them。
  In the 1950s, there were about 16 workers paying for every Social Security beneficiary. Today, there are about three. And eventually, there will only be two workers per beneficiary. These changes signal a looming danger. In the year 2018, for the first time ever, Social Security will pay out more in benefits than the government collects in payroll taxes. And the gaps will grow larger each year leading to the bankruptcy of the system。
  Therefore, Social Security is not a personal savings plan. Benefits paid to today's retirees come directly from the taxes paid by today's workers. The crisis in Social Security can be avoided by emphasizing several principles. First, nothing will change for those who are receiving Social Security and for those who are near retirement. Secondly, payroll taxes will not increase, because higher taxes would slow economic growth. More efforts must be made to use the power of compound interest, by giving younger workers the option to save some of their payroll taxes in a personal account, which government cannot take away。
  Questions 29 to 31 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  29. When was the Social Security system established in America?
  30. Why is the Social Security facing a looming danger?
  31. What can be done to avoid the crisis in Social Security?

Passage Three

Today, I would like to begin by discussing early European settlement along one of our well-known rivers, the Hudson, which empties into the Atlantic to form New York bay. The Hudson river has a couple of interesting physical features that made it very attractive for settlement by the Europeans. The first is that river extends inland from the Atlantic Ocean for more than 150 miles with no waterfalls or rapids. Its surface is virtually flat for that entire distance, with no obstacles. Second, the whole 150-mile stretch is influenced by tides from the Atlantic Ocean. Roughly every six hours, the river reverses direction, flowing north when the tide is rising and south toward the ocean when the tide is going down. Obviously there were no obstacles to prevent settlers from moving further upstream on the Hudson river and this explains why the Dutch penetrated so far inland. They were the first Europeans to settle in the Hudson valley. Of course, to go upstream, the Dutch settlers needed the right kind of boat, and so to navigate the river, they design a sloop with only one mast but two sails, one rigged in front of the mast and one behind. The mast was very tall, in many cases over 100 feet tall, so that the large sails could catch winds blowing above the shore line hills. Hudson river sloops carried passengers and cargo. The cargo ranging from coal, lumber and hay to fruit, vegetables and livestock. Traveling only ten miles an hour in a good wind, the sloop was not too speedy by modern standards, but it was ideally suited to the Dutch settlement, and in fact when the steam boat eventually was introduced, it couldn't keep up with the sloop。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 13:45:31 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  Questions 32 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard。
  32. What attracted the Europeans to the Hudson river area?
  33. What is the characteristic of the first 150 miles inland on the Hudson river?
  34. How do tides from the Atlantic Ocean influence the Hudson river?
  35. According to the speaker, why did Hudson river sloops have tall masts?
  Section C
  Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from 36 to 43 with the exact words you have just heard. For blanks numbered from 44 to 46 you are required to fill in the missing information. For these blanks, you can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally, when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written。
  Today I would like to talk about the early days of movie making in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Before the pioneering films of D. W. Griffith, film makers were limited by several misguided questions of the era. According to one, the camera was always fixed at a viewpoint corresponding to that of the spectator in the theatre, a position now known as the long shot. It was another convention that the position of the camera never changed in the middle of a scene. In last week's films, we saw how Griffith ignored both these limiting conventions and brought the camera closer to the actor。
  This shot, now known as a full shot, was considered revolutionary at the time. For Love of Gold, was the name of the film in which the first use of the full shot. After progressing from a long shot to the full shot, the next logical step for Griffith was to bring in the camera still closer, in what is now called the close-up. The close-up had been used before though only rarely and merely as a visual stunt, as for example, in Edqaed Asport's The Great Train Robbery, which was made in 1903.
  But not until 1908 in Griffith's movie called After Many Years was the dramatic potential of the close-up exploited. In the scene from After Many Years that we are about to see, pay special attention to the close-up of Annie Lee's worried face as she awaits her husband's return. In 1908, this close-up shocked everyone in the Biogress Studio. But Griffith had no time for argument. He had another surprise even more radical to offer. Immediately following close-up of Annie, he inserted a picture of the object of her thought--her husband cast sway on a desert aisle. This cutting from one scene to another without finishing either of them brought a torrent of criticism on the experiments。
  Part Ⅳ Reading Comprehension(Reading in Depth)
  Section A
  47.第一段第一句说女性在应聘中、高管理职位的时候成功率比男性高。紧接着作者又补充了“But of course far fewer of them apply for these positions。”,可见应聘中、高管理职位的女性要比男性少。这也是她们成功率高的原因之一。因此,应该填写的答案是“超过”的意思,可以填“exceed”或者“are more than”。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 14:00:28 | 显示全部楼层
分页标题#e#
  48.第二段在分析女性管理职位申请者成功率高的时候,提及“Women tend to research thoroughly before applying for positions or attending interviews。”,可见在应聘或者面试前,女性会做充分而彻底的调研,以对公司和工作有所了解,使自己成为“exceptional candidate”,因此女性比男性准备更充分。所以我们可以概括为“well-prepared”。另外,从第二段第三句“Dr. Marx said that when women apply for positions they tend to be better qualified than their male counterparts but are more selective and conservative in their job search。”可见女性考虑周到、准备充分使自己更为合格。因此,我们电可以填写“better qualified”。
  49.第四段第一句说欧洲最近经济不景气,公司出现管理结构等级减少的特点。“de-layering”的意思和“layering”相反,是指公司在经济萧条的时候,精减原有的管理机构,使等级变少,人员减少。作者接着补充了“...this has halted progress for women in as much as de-layering has taken place either where women are working or in layers they aspire to。”可见管理机构的精简使女性获得管理职位的希望变小了。因此,答案为“De-layering。”。
  50.根据第四段最后一句“Sears also noted a positive trend from the recession,which has been the growing number of women who have started up on their own。”可知Sears还注意到在萧条时期的一个积极的趋势:越来越多的女性自己开办企业。因此,正确答案是“increasing”或者含义相似的表达。
  51.由文章最后一句“Until there is a belief among employers,until they value the difference, nothing will change。”可见要改变态度的是雇主们。因此,答案为“The employers./ Employers。”。

Section B

52.主旨题。文章第一段作者提出话题,苏联的根本性社会变革对女性的生活产生了深刻的影响。第二段作者描述了这些变化:女性获得了参与各种工作和受教育的同等机会,甚至进入了一些专业领域。第三段作者指出,女性在获得机会的同时电不得不付出巨大的代价。因此,纵观全文,作者既写到了变革带给女性的机会,电提到了她们面对的困难。故正确答案为C项。
  53.词义推断题。第三段作者陈述了变革后女性面对的各种困境。女性参与工作导致工资水平下降。这又反过来迫使她们不得不出去工作,补充丈夫的收入来养家,但女性还得同时兼顾家庭。除此之外,在工作方面,男性继续垄断了好的工作机会。因此,这里和“monopolize”意思最为接近的是“hold”,故答案为A项。
  54.写作目的题。结合第一题主旨题可以看出作者写作此文不是为了娱乐读者(选项C),也不是在讲故事(选项B),更没有比较不同的政府体制(选项A),作者只陈述了苏联社会变革对女性的生活产生了深刻的影响,是属于提供信息,故答案为D项。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 09:00 , Processed in 0.108299 second(s), 13 queries , WinCache On.