36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 18:35:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  英语四级阅读资料:打击非法食品添加剂
  At this McDonald's in Cleveland, the line snaked around the restaurant with people turning out for McDonald's one day hiring blitz. A steady stream of job-seekers filled this McDonald's in Newark, New Jersey to fill out applications, hoping for one of 50,000 jobs. Forty-four-year old Lela Williams, a nurse’s medical assistant who says she’s been out of work for six months, isn’t being picky.
  “Anything, I am gonna take anything right about now because I haven’t worked in a while and I really need…I am in the financial… I really need the help.”
  The scene was similar across the country at McDonald's like this one in Atlanta to this one in New York City. McDonald's says most entry-level jobs start at a bit more than $8 an hour. And many job-seekers say they want to seize on the chance, like 55-year-old Gary Phaneuf who says he’s been out of work for two years.
  “It’s a rough economy out there these days, so it's…this is a big chance in a way, you know, this doesn’t happen everyday.”
  Danitra Barnett, a vice president of human resources, says hiring 50,000 people in a month is not unusual, but squeezing that many into a day is a first. And McDonald's was using the day to push the message that it provides careers with benefits and to distance itself from McJobs and the image of hiring unskilled low paid workers.
  “Part of the message is to debunk the myth of what a McJobs is all about, but this is not about the company itself. This for us is about our 2,600 franchisees and 14,000 restaurants.”
  McDonald's hiring blitz comes on the heels of a Home Depot recruiting drive for 60,000 workers and plans by its competitor Lowe’s to hire 10,000 and the head of one job placement company sees it as a positive sign with companies also sending a message.
  “They are also, perhaps, saying some of these companies we took so much flak for some of the negatives when we were laying off people because we had no choice but to try to survive. Maybe we ought to get some credit for the hiring we’re doing.”
  The question is that if these are the kind of jobs that would be putting people back to work. John Challenger says the McDonald's jobs shouldn’t be dismissed because he says they are likely to attract young people and people without college degrees, two groups where the unemployment rate is much higher than the national average. And he believes this is all a signal the jobs are coming back.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 23:27 , Processed in 0.069802 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.