36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 18:15:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
实战演练:
  【汉译英3】我整整一生都处于对武术的痴迷之中。但是当我搬到一个有功夫俱乐部的城市时,我才真正体会到了武术的魅力,同时也完全理解了为什么人们称它为一种艺术。它是一种战斗同时也是在进行一种自我防卫,这其实也达到了让你更加了解自己的身体,从而使它变得更加强壮和健康的目的。功夫是一门完整的哲学,而且是中国文化的重要组成部分。当我开始练习功夫的时候,我才意识到它有多么地困难,哪怕是简单的一踢或者一打就需要几个月的时间去练习。但是我太爱它了!一个全新的世界正向我敞开它的大门。
  【参考译文】My whole life I’ve been interested in martial arts. But it was only when I moved to another city where there was a Kungfu club, that I really enjoyed it and fully understood why they call it an art. It is fighting and defending yourself, but it also understanding your body more, making it stronger and healthier. Kungfu is a whole philosophy and is a big part of Chinese culture. When I started to practice kungfu, I realized how difficult it was and a simple kick or punch demanded months of practice. But I loved it! A whole new world was opening to me。
  【汉译英4】来自利物浦大学的科学家、心理学家和英文教授发现,阅读莎士比亚及其他古典作家的作品对心智发展大有裨益。这些作品能够抓住读者的注意力,引发读者的自我反思。研究还发现,阅读书籍,尤其是诗歌,可以增加与“自传体记忆”有关的大脑右半球的活动频率,有助于读者根据阅读内容对个人经历进行反思和重新评价。学者们表示,这意味着阅读古典作品比阅读自助类书籍更有帮助。
  【参考译文】  Scientists, psychologists and English academics at Liverpool University have found that reading the works of Shakespeare and other classical writers has a beneficial effect on the mind, catches the reader’s attention and triggers moments of self-reflection. The research also found that reading poetry, in particular, increases activity in the right hemisphere of the brain, an area concerned with “autobiographical memory”, helping the reader to reflect on and reappraise their own experiences in light of what they have read. The academics said this meant the classics were more useful than self-help books。
  实战演练:
  【汉译英 5】随着中国日益成为韩国的重要贸易伙伴,两国的联系从外交和贸易延伸到了教育领域。中国是韩国最大的出口目的地,吸收了韩国约四分之一的出口产品,同时也吸引了韩国超过四分之一的留学[微博]生。虽然在美国留学[微博]的好处之一是可以练习英语(对找工作的人来说英语依然是最重要的语言),但韩国雇主对有中国经历的毕业生的需求越来越大。比如三星集团两年前说,具有中文语言能力的求职者会得到额外的加分。
  【参考译文】As China’s increasing importance as a trading partner becomes palpable in neighboring South Korea, the connections between the countries are extending from diplomacy and trade to education. The middle kingdom is South Korea’s biggest export destination, taking around a quarter of its exports—and it’s also taking more than a quarter of its neighbor’s foreign college students. Part of the benefit of a U. S. education is practice speaking English, which is still seen as the most important language for job seekers, but Korean employers are increasingly looking for graduates with experience in China. Samsung Group, for example, said two years ago that job applicants with Chinese language skills would get bonus points。
  【汉译英 6】他们毒害年轻人的心灵,腐化年轻人的灵魂。正是它们,让年轻人坐在沙发上虚度时光,沉浸于危险重重的幻想世界。18世纪的批评家们对于新媒体对年轻人的冲击感到忧心忡忡,他们向小说提出了如此的控诉。时至今日,小说害人的说法听起来已是如此的荒谬。对于当今时代那些控诉电视游戏使年轻人变成暴力罪犯的批评者们,历史最终也将对他们做出同样的审判。
  【参考译文】They poison the mind and corrupt the morals of the young, who waste their time sitting on sofas immersed in dangerous fantasy worlds. That, at least, was the charge leveled against novels during the 18th century by critics worried about the impact of a new medium on young people. Today the idea that novels can harm people sounds daft. And that is surely how history will judge modern criticism of video games, which are accused of turning young people into violent criminals。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 19:14 , Processed in 0.075188 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.