|
有一年在伦敦,大英博物馆对面,我留连在一家旧书店里。有一栏书架,全是中国主题书籍。逼仄空间里,我费力地蹲下,引颈侧目,辨认最下面一排书脊上的书名。余光扫见背后一位中年绅士,满脸堆笑,期待着我的目光交接。见我回头,长舒一口气,似乎等了好一会儿。
“对不起,我估计您懂中文,能否为我推荐几本?”绅士小心翼翼地说,指着一边仅有的几本中文书。原来他娶了一位中国太太,想为太太买本书解闷。难得如此体贴。我扫了几眼书名,多是故宫西湖名胜介绍之类,除了一套繁体竖排的《红楼梦》。
“这是中国经典小说,叫《红楼梦》”我说。听见“the dream in a red chamber”,坐在厚厚一摞书后的老板娘,从鹰钩鼻上的眼镜片下,翻起一双绿莹莹的眼睛。“好书。。。。。。”老板娘叹道。
“讲什么的?”绅士追问。老板娘垂下眼睛,不置可否。我继续担当重任,细细解释了一番。还提及中国文化的精奥,说这是虚构小说,从人名里可以看出端倪。比如甄士隐,读起来接近“真事隐”,即“the truth is hidden。。。。。。”绅士频频颌首,“interesting。。。。。。”我乘胜追击,正准备再举个例子,比如,贾雨村,听起来像”假语存”。
不料,绅士认真地问,“为什么要把真事隐藏起来呢?”
梦红楼 方文山词
a dream in the red chamber
鴛鴦橋伴水流 迴廊邊垂楊柳
The bridge of Love Birds stands quiet;
the water flows;
and over the corridor stoop the willows.
如詩的景色我在畫中走
I step into a lyrical scene as if in a paint
春雨下梨花落 門前竹依舊瘦
Where pear flowers drop off amid spring rain
我養了一池心事向誰說
To whom I pour out my heart, I wonder,
into this pond of grieving water?
湖面如鏡被歲月吹皺
The surface of the lake,
As smooth as the mirror,
is rippled by the breeze of time.
我們的故事話說從頭
coming back is the story of mine.
前世的姻緣一語被道破
when one word alone betrayed
a wedlock fixed in a previous life
遠方的橫笛聲傳來聲聲愁
amid a faraway flute-song
a note of sorrow lingers long.
我夢回 夢紅樓
In dreams I come back to the red chamber
妳眉間一抹秋
Between your brows knits a touch of autumn
前塵往事被我們微笑帶過
When we look back with but a light laughter.
我夢回 夢紅樓
In dreams I come back to the red chamber
妳目光撒溫柔
To meet your eyes, loving and gentle.
繡花枕頭繫著今生相遇的線索
sewed up in the embroidered pillow,
stitch by stitch laid our fated encounter.
我夢回 夢紅樓
In dreams I come back to the red chamber
妳紅妝低頭羞
Blushing, your rouged face lowered.
花前月下情關越解門越鎖
Beside the flower and under the moon.
The more I lock myself up
my heart pouring out all the more.
我夢回 夢紅樓
In dreams I come back to the red chamber
妳的笑 已熟透
your smile bursts into full bloom.
這渡船頭妳與我瀟灑共遊
Atop the ferryboat we stand
At ease we roam. |
|