36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 17:08:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Passage 73
  We have begun to write a new chapter for peace and progress in our histories, with American and China going forward hand-in-hand.// We should frankly acknowledge the fundamental differences in ideology and institution between our two societies.// I have com to China not to hold forth on (滔滔不绝地讲高谈阔论)what divides us, but to build on (进一步强化) what binds us.// I am firmly convinced that, together, we can and will make tomorrow a better day.//

Passage 74
  We may live at nearly opposite ends of the world.// We may be distinctly different in language, customs and political beliefs.// But on many vital questions of our time, there is little distance between the American and Chinese people.// We have a common aspiration for world peace and development and what is the best for the benefit and well being of our people.

Passage 75
  Indeed, I believe if we were to ask citizens all over this world what they desire most for their children, and for their children’s children, their answer would be totally the same.// We would hear, in English Chinese, or any language, the highly voiced answer. We want peace. We want freedom. We want a better life.// Their dreams, so simply stated, represent mankind’s deepest aspirations for security and personal fulfillment.// And helping them make their dreams come true is what our jobs are all about.//

Passage 76
  We have always believed the heritage of our past is the seed that brings forth the harvest of our future.// And from our roods, we have drawn tremendous power from faith and freedom. Our passion for freedom led to the American Revolution.// We know each of us could not enjoy liberty for ourselves unless we were willing to share it with everyone else.// And we knew our freedom could not be truly safe, unless all of us were protected by a body of laws that treated us equally.//

实习编辑:褚萍湘
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 13:12 , Processed in 0.074524 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.