36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 09:55:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Real Progress, But We're Not Done
          For the past few days, we've all been properly focused on oneof the worst storms of our lifetimes. We mourn those who werelost. And we pledge to stand with those whose lives have beenturned upside down for as long as it takes to recover andrebuild岸better than before.
          过去几天里,我们所有人的精力都完全放到我们此生中所遭遇的最严重的一场风暴上来。我们悼念逝者,我们承诺同那些生活被这场风暴搅动得天翻地覆的美国人民站在一起。无论灾后恢复和重建需要多少时间,我们都要站在一起,重建出比过去更好的生活
          Because when hardship hits, America is at its best. The petty differences that consume us in normaltimes fade away. There are no Democrats or Republicans during a storm岸only fellow Americans. That is how we get through the most trying times: together.
          因为当困难来临时,美国总是处于最佳状态。那些平时让我们精疲力竭的小分歧在灾难来临时逐渐消失。在风暴中我们不分民主党还是共和党,我们都是美国人。我们熬过最困难时期的法宝就是:站在一起
          In 2008, we were mired in two wars and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Together, we've battled our way back. Our businesses have created over five million new jobs inthe past two and a half years. Home values are on the rise. Manufacturing is growing at the fastestpace in 15 years. The American auto industry is back. Thanks to the service and sacrifice of ourbrave men and women in uniform, the war in Iraq is over. And Osama bin Laden is dead
          回想2008年,当时的我们深陷两场战争,同时遭遇自“大萧条”以来最严重的经济危机。就是因为团结,我们克服困难实现复苏:在过去两年半的时间里我们的企业创造了超过500万个就业机会;房屋价值呈上升趋势;制造业正以15年来的最快步伐增长;美国的汽车产业又重获生机。正是由于勇敢的美军士兵的付出和牺牲,伊拉克战争才得以结束,本 拉登(Osama bin Laden)才会被击
          We've made real progress. But we're not done yet. On Tuesday, you get to choose between twofundamentally different visions of America岸one where we return to the top-down policies thatcrashed our economy four years ago, and one built on a strong, growing middle class
          我们取得了实实在在的进步,但我们还不能就此止步。本周二,你们将在两种完全不同的治国理念之间做出选择:一种是回到四年前击垮我们经济的那种“自上而下”的执政理念;另一种理念则构筑于坚实的、不断壮大的中产阶级
          Our free market is the engine of America's progress, driven by risk-takers, innovators anddreamers. Our people succeed when they have the chance to get a good education and learn newskills岸and so do the businesses that hire them, or the companies they start. We believe that whenwe support research into scientific and medical breakthroughs, new industries will start here andstay here. We grow faster when our tax code rewards hard work and companies that create jobsin America, and when quality health care and a dignified retirement aren't just achievable goals buta measure of our values as a nation.
          自由市场理念是推动美国进步的引擎,带动这一引擎的是愿意承担风险的人、创新者和梦想家。只有当美国人民有机会接受良好教育并学习新的技能时,他们才能取得成功,雇佣他们的企业或是他们创办的企业也才可能取得成功。我们相信,当我们支持那些可能取得科学和医学突破的研究时,新兴产业将在美国发芽,并在美国发展壮大。只有当我们的税制奖励那些在美国辛勤工作的个人、创造就业的公司时,只有当优质医疗服务和有尊严的退休生活不仅仅是可实现的目标而且成为衡量我们国家价值观的指标时,我们才能增长得更快。

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 10:42:13 | 显示全部楼层

1497146_152130_1.jpg

1497146_152130_1.jpg

For eight years, we had a president who shared these beliefs. Bill Clinton asked the wealthiest topay a little more so we could reduce the deficit and still make these investments. By the end of hissecond term, America had created 23 million new jobs. Incomes were up. Poverty was down. Deficits became surpluses. And Wall Street did very well.
          我们曾在一位相信这些理念的总统的带领下走过了八年时间。比尔 克林顿(Bill Clinton)曾要求最富裕的美国人多交一点税,这样我们能够在降低赤字的同时仍有余地进行这些投资。在克林顿第二个任期届满时,美国创造了2,300万个新就业机会。人民收入上升,贫困人口减少,财政赤字变成盈余,华尔街也处于相当稳健的境况。
          In the eight years after, we followed a different path. Bigger tax cuts for the wealthy we couldn'tafford. Encouraging companies to ship jobs and profits overseas. Fewer rules for big banks andinsurers. The result of this top-down economics? Falling incomes, record deficits, the slowest jobgrowth in half a century, and an economic crisis we've been cleaning up for the past four years.
          在克林顿卸任之后的八年里,我们走上了一条不同的道路。我们加大了为富人减税的力度,但事实是我们无力承担这一代价;我们鼓励美国企业将就业机会和公司利润转移到海外;我们减少了对大银行和保险公司的监管。这种“自上而下”的经济政策带来的结果是什么?收入降低,赤字创新高,半个世纪来最慢的就业增长速度,还有一场过去四年我们一直在努力化解的经济危机。
          Gov. Mitt Romney has offered岸under the guise of 'real change'岸these very same policies thatfailed our country so badly. But we know better.
          米特 罗姆尼(Mitt Romney)州长以“真实改变”为幌子提出的,恰恰是这些让我们国家如此严重失灵的政策。但我们不再上当。
          We shouldn't end college tax credits to pay for millionaires' tax cuts; we should make college moreaffordable for everyone who's willing to work for it. We should recruit 100,000 math and scienceteachers so that high-tech, high-wage jobs aren't created in China but in America. And we shouldequip another two million Americans at community colleges with skills that businesses are lookingfor right now.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-11 11:45:21 | 显示全部楼层

我们不应消大学税收减免政策来为百万富翁的减税政策出钱;我们应让所有愿意为大学付出努力的人更能上得起大学;我们应该招募10万名数学、科学老师,让高科技、高工资工作机会不是在中国创造,而是在美国创造。我们还应让就读社区大学的另外200万美国人获得企业当下所需的技能。
          Change is an America that is home to the next generation of manufacturing and innovation. I'mproud I bet on the American auto industry. I refuse to cede the future of manufacturing to othercountries. We need a tax code that stops rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas and startsrewarding companies that create jobs here; one that stops subsidizing oil-company profits andkeeps supporting new energy jobs and new technology that will cut our oil imports in half.
          改变,就是让美国成为新一代制造中心和创新中心。让我引以为豪的是,我下注了美国的汽车产业。我拒绝把制造业的未来拱手让给其他国家。我们的税法应停止奖励企业向海外输送工作机会,而开始奖励企业在国内创造工作机会;不再补贴石油公司利润,而是继续支持那些将使我们石油进口减半的能源行业的新工作、新技术。
          Change is an America that turns the page on a decade of war to do some nation-building here athome. So long as I'm commander in chief, we'll pursue our enemies with the strongest military inthe world. But it is time to use the savings from ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to paydown our debt and rebuild American roads, bridges, schools and broadband.
          改变,就是让美国告别10年的战争,在国内做国家建设工作。只要我还是总司令,我们就会用世界上最强大的军队追击敌人。然而现在,我们该利用结束伊拉克战争和阿富汗战争省下的资金偿还债务,重建国内道路、桥梁、学校和宽带了。
          Change is an America where we reduce our deficit by cutting where we can and asking thewealthiest to go back to the income-tax rates they paid under President Clinton. I've worked withRepublicans to cut a trillion dollars of spending, and I'll do more. I'll work with anyone of any partyto move this country forward. But I won't eliminate health insurance for millions of poor, elderly ordisabled on Medicaid, and I won't turn Medicare into a voucher to pay for another millionaire's taxcut. That is surrender to the same philosophy that hurt middle-class families for too long.
          改变,就是让美国削减可以削减的支出,要求最富阶层继续按克林顿总统时期税率交税,降低我们的赤字。我已经与共和党人一起制定了削减1万亿美元支出的计划,我还会继续努力。为推动这个国家前进,我将与任何党派的任何人合作。但我不会取消数百万贫困、年长者或残疾者的联邦医保项目,也不会将联邦医保变成一种抵用券制度,用来为又一个百万富翁减税政策出钱。那是在向那种损害中产家庭利益太久时间的理念投降。
          I'm fighting for the Americans whose letters I read at night, whom I meet on the trail every day. The laid-off furniture worker who's retraining at age 55 for a career in biotechnology. The owner ofa small restaurant who needs a loan to expand after the bank turned him down. The autoworkerwho's back on the job filled with the pride of building a great car.
          我在为那些写信给我──我常在深夜阅读这些信件──以及那些我每天匆匆遇见的美国人而奋斗。比如那位为进入生物科技行业、以55岁的年龄开始参加培训的下岗家具工人;那位被银行拒绝、需要借一笔贷款扩大店面的小餐厅老板;那位满怀制造一辆了不起的车的荣耀而回到原职的汽车工人。
          When these Americans do well, America does well. That is the change we need right now. Now'sthe time to keep pushing forward to make sure that no matter who you are, where you comefrom or how you started out, you can work to achieve your American dream.
          这些人如果发达了,美国就会发达。这就是我们现在需要的改变。现在,让我们继续努力向前,确保不管你是何人,来自何方,起点在何处,都能够通过努力实现自己的美国梦。
          That is the America within our reach. That is why I'm asking for your vote this Tuesday.
          这就是我们可以创造出来的美国。为了这样的美国,我请你们本周二投我一票。
        (编辑:何莹莹)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 04:11 , Processed in 0.092047 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.