主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-12-25 20:12:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大学英语四级考试基本考察四大能力,分别是听、说、读、写。四级阅读无疑是备考的重点。今天文都四六级和大家分享2019年6月英语四级阅读:圣诞精神,请看下面的文章内容。
You cannot miss the farmer house on this quiet street on Alexandria Virginia during the Christmas season.“I have never seen it in my life.”“It’s magical and it’s overwhelming. At the same time you don’t know where to look. There’s so much going on.”And that’s the whole idea says Curt farmer who spent nearly 300 hours putting up the amazing lights and decorations.
在圣诞节期间, 你绝对不能错过弗吉尼亚亚历山大这条安静街道上的农家。“我这辈子从来没见过。“很神奇, 也很令人惊叹,。有这么多的东西要看,让人目不暇接。”这就是柯特农民的想法,他花了近300个小时来布置这了不起的灯光和装饰。
“Flying Santa takes me right back to my childhood.That means it’s in the exact same place.It has been for 40 years.”Curt grew up helping his father put up the annual display that started small and grew into a big production. After Curt’s mother died, his father moved out of the house, then Curt moved into the family home and carried on his father’s tradition.“Want to continue what my father started in making people happy and kind of forgetting about the real world for a little while.”Now Curt’s nine-year-old daughter Lily lends a hand.”I just like helping them and doing some of the work.”“As great people keep traditions going interested lovely. It’s like you transport into a different one not like this world.”
"飞舞的圣诞老人,带我回到我的童年。这意味着已经有40年了,它始终出现在完全相同的地方。柯特从小帮助父亲举办年度展示。从小的开始做起到做成大的作品。柯特的母亲去世后,他父亲搬出家,随后柯特搬进家里并且继承了父亲的传统。“我想继续我父亲的事业。他的初衷源于让人们快乐的事情,暂时忘记现实世界的意义”。现在柯特九岁的女儿莉莉伸出援助之手。“我只是喜欢帮助他们, 做一些工作。”“因为伟大的人们总是保持着对传统的兴趣。这就像你把一个不同的世界带到了这个世界。”
Curt asks for the same Christmas present every year, more decorations.I make a list for Santa these things early I want to have.Santa’s been very very good to me. We leave the lights on so he never misses the house.
柯特每年都要同样的圣诞礼物,那就是更多的装饰。我很早就为圣诞老人列了一张我想要的东西的清单。圣诞老人对我一直非常非常好。我们把灯开着, 这样他就不会错过我们的房子了。
Three years ago, Curt fell while putting up decorations and spent months learning how to walk again. But despite his injuries, he was back on the roof the following year, determined to set up his cherished display. Curt feels his mother’s spirit with him.” I just kind of sit there and just kind of take it all in.Yeah, there’s a hand on my shoulder saying hey this looks pretty neat.I think it’s spectacular that someone would take the time to put this much effort into it for the kids. Curt likes watching the children get excited but he enjoys seeing the reaction from adults even more. The adults can walk through and usually see something somewhere that reminds them of when they are growing up.“It’s important to make people happy and take them back to their childhood.” Kurt would like the visitors to leave with this feeling.“Like them just get a nice warm hug.”
三年前,柯特在挂装饰时摔倒了, 花了几个月的时间又学会了走路。但尽管有伤在身,第二年他还是回到了屋顶,决心建立自己珍藏的展示。柯特觉得母亲的精神一直与他在一起。我只是坐在那里,接受这一切。是啊,有一只手在我的肩膀上说,嘿,这看起来很整齐。我想有人会花时间为孩子们投入这么多精力,这是很壮观的。柯特喜欢看孩子们兴奋,但他更喜欢看到大人的反应。成年人也可以走过, 通常会在某个地方看到一些让他们想起成长过程的东西。“让人们快乐,让他们回到童年,这一点很重要。”柯特希望游客带着这种感觉离开。“就像他们刚刚得到了一个温暖的拥抱。”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:54 , Processed in 0.056139 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.