|
六级听力相比四级听力来说,难度上增加不少,要求考生们掌握六千左右的词汇。从听力词汇就有着不小的挑战,文都四六级小编现下帮各位考生整理了2018年12月英语六级考试听力模拟题:针灸治疗,从深层上帮助各位考试克服听力难关。
录音二
The thin,extremely sharp needles didn't hurt at all going in.
细细的尖针扎进去一点也不疼。
Dr. Gong pierced them into my left arm, around the elbow that had been bothering me.
龚医生把针扎进了我一直就感觉很不舒服的左手肘。
Other needles were slipped into my left wrist and, strangely,
随后把针扎入了左手腕,此后的动作就感觉到很奇怪了,
into my right arm, and then into both my closed eyelids.
因为龚大夫也在我的右手臂以及双眼睑扎入了针。
There wasn't, any discomfort, just a mild warming sensation.
但我没有感到任何不适,只有轻微暖暖的感觉。
However, I did begin to wonder what had driven me here,
然而,我开始怀疑是什么驱使我来到这里。
to the office of Dr. James Gong in New York's Chinatown.
来到纽约唐人街詹姆斯·龚医生的办公室。
Then I remembered—the torturing pain in that left elbow.
然后我想起——我的左肘感到难受,
Several trips to a hospital and two expensive, uncomfortable medical tests had failed to produce even a diagnosis.
但是去了好几次医院,做了几项又贵又难挨的医疗检查之后,医生都未能做出诊断,
"Maybe you lean on your left arm too much",the doctor concluded, suggesting I see a bone doctor.
“也许你的左臂用太多了”,医生说道,他推荐我去看骨科大夫,
During the hours spent waiting in vain to see a bone doctor, I decided to take another track and try acupuncture.
等待看骨科大夫的时候,他决定尝试一下中医的针刺疗法。
A Chinese-American friend recommended Dr. Gong.
一位美籍华人朋友向我推荐了龚医生。
I took the subway to Gong's second-floor office marked with a hand-painted sign.
我乘地铁来到二楼带着手绘标志的龚医生的办公室。
Dr. Gong speaks English,but not often.
龚医生讲英语,但说的不多。
Most of my questions to him were greeted with a friendly laugh,
我问他的大多数问题的回应都是友好的笑声,
but I managed to let him know where my arm hurt.
但我设法让他知道我的手臂哪里疼。
He asked me to go into a room,had me lie down on a bed, and went to work.
他让我走进一个房间,躺在床上,然后给我针灸。
In the next room, I learned a woman dancer was also getting a treatment.
我得知隔壁房间也有一位女舞者在接受治疗。
As I lay there a while, I drifted into a dream-like state and fantasized about what she looked like.
当我躺在那里的时候,我进入了梦幻状态,幻想着她的样子。
Acupuncturists today are as likely to be found on Park Avenue as on Mott Street.
如今,在公园大道和莫特街都能找到针灸师的身影。
In all, there are an estimated 10,000 acupuncturists in the country.
据估计,中国总共有1万名针灸师。
Nowadays, a lot of medical doctors have learned acupuncture techniques; so have a number of dentists.
如今,很多医生都学会了针灸疗法,所以有很多牙医。
Reason? Patient demand. Few, though, can adequately explain how acupuncture works.
为什么针刺疗法在美国会越来越受欢迎?原因就在于患者的需求。然而,很少有人能充分解释针灸的原理。
Acupuncturists may say that the body has more than 800 acupuncture points: A life force called qi circulates through the body.
针灸师可能会说人体有800多个穴位:一种叫做气的力量在体内循环。
Points on the skin are energetically connected to specific organs, body structures and systems.
身体上的穴位积极地与特定的器官、身体结构及系统相连,
Acupuncture points are stimulated to balance the circulation of qi.
通过刺激穴位从而平衡气的流通。
"The truth is, though acupuncture is at least 2,200 years old, nobody really knows what's happening,"
“事实是,尽管针灸至少有2200年的历史,但没有人真正了解针灸。”
says Paul Zmiewski, a Ph.D. in Chinese studies who practices acupuncture in Philadelphia.
中国针灸研究博士,现在在费城实践的保罗·兹米耶夫斯基说道。
After five treatments, there has been dramatic improvement in my arm,and the pain is a fraction of what it was.
经过五次治疗后,我的手臂疼痛感有了明显的改善,疼痛范围变小了。
The mainly silent Dr. Gong finally even offered a diagnosis for what troubled me. "Pinched nerve," he said.
沉默寡言的龚医生最终给出一个诊断,“神经紧张,”他说。
Questions 19 to 21 are based on the recording you have just heard.
根据你刚才听到的录音回答19-21题
19.What does the speaker find especially strange?
问题19:说话者觉得什么特别奇怪?
20.Why did the speaker go see Dr. Gong?
问题20:为什么说话者去找龚博士?
21.What accounts for the growing popularity of acupuncture in the United States according to the speaker?
问题21:根据说话者描述,针灸在美国越来越受欢迎的原因是什么? |
|