109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-9-22 20:50:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

b747f4b6e1cc643854dda53cd25a69b150.jpg

b747f4b6e1cc643854dda53cd25a69b150.jpg

16.THOUGH虽然,尽管
        An alternative to “although.” Can be emphasized with the word “even.”可以用作“although”的替代词。可以用“even”进行强调。
        I finally finished the video, though the editing is a bit choppy.尽管剪辑得不太好,我还是看完了视频。
        I tried escargot for the first time in Paris, though I can’t quite say that I enjoyed it.我在法国第一次吃蜗牛,尽管我并不喜欢这样。
        17.AS SOON AS一….就….
        Can be used to indicate that one event happened at the same time as or directly after another event. It’s similar to the correlative conjunctions “no sooner…than” and “hardly…when.”用来表示两件事情同时发生或者相继发生。类似的关联连词有“no sooner…than”和“hardly…when”。
        As soon as you’re all packed, we’ll put everything in the car and go.你一打包好,我就把东西放进车里出发。
        Can you let me know as soon as you’re done with the assignment? 你一做完作业就告诉我好嘛?
        I saw your eyes light up as soon as I said the word “ice cream.” 我一说出“冰淇淋”这个词,我就看到你的眼睛亮了。
        18.AS LONG AS只要
        Can be used to indicate that one thing is true only under the condition that another thing is true.可以用来表示在一种情况下某一件事是对的,另一件事才可能是对的。
        I’ll be happy as long as you remember to call me when you’re gone. 只要你记得在离开之后给我打电话,我就会很高兴的。
        I’ll always tip a waiter as long as they’re a decent server. 只要服务员服务的好,我就总给他们小费。
        Another alternative is “so long as.”另一个可以替代的词就是“so long as”
        You should be able to do whatever you want so long as you’re happy and healthy. 只要你快乐健康,你可以做任何你想做的事。
        19.PROVIDED (THAT)假如,倘若
        A more formal alternative to “as long as”可以作为“as long as”相对正式的替代词
        The manager will give you a day off work provided you give a valid reason for it. 只要你给出合理的原因,经理会给你一天假的。
        20.BEFORE在…之前
        Used to introduce the earlier event in a pair of events用来指出两件事情中较早发生的一件。
        We should meet up and grab lunch before this week is over. 我们应该在这周结束前见面吃午饭。
        Before we move on any further, do you have any questions? 在我们进一步讨论之前,你有什么问题吗?
        I told you to use the bathroom before we left the rest stop. 我告诉过你在我们离开休息站之前去上厕所。
        21.AFTER在…之后
        Used to introduce the later event in a pair of events用来指出两件事情中较晚发生的一件
        My friend fell into a coma after he got in a car accident. 我的朋友在车祸后陷入了昏迷。
        After the movie is over, do you want to grab food somewhere? 电影结束后,你想在什么地方吃点东西吗?
        We decided to order pizza after you fell asleep. 我们决定在你睡后订披萨。
        22.IN THAT因为,由于
        Can be used to specify the respect to which something is true可以用来说明某事为什么是正确的。
        I was extremely lucky in that the police decided not to check my belongings. 我觉得很幸运因为警察没有检查我的行李。
        The stage setting was excellent in that it really caught the eye yet with a minimalist design. 舞台布置得很好,因为它吸引人们的眼球且设计节俭。
        23.NOW THAT既然,由于
        Can be used to indicate that a situation has changed with the occurrence of an event可以用来表示某物发生的境况发生了改变
        Now that I’m eighteen, I can finally vote in my first election. 既然我已经18岁了,我终于在选举中第一次投票了。
        I can think a bit clearer now that I’ve had my coffee.因为我喝了咖啡,所以我能想的清楚一点。
        We should think about going to the park now that the weather is a bit nicer. 既然天气已经好了一点了,我想我们应该去公园。
        24.SO (THAT)因此
        Can be used to express a purpose or intention可以用来表示目的
        I took some pictures on my vacation so you could see. 我假期的时候拍了一些照片,这样你就能看到了。
        If you see an ambulance behind you, always pull over so that it can get through. 如果你看到一辆救护车在你旁边,你要靠右边停车,这样它就能过去了。
        Can you make the link shareable so I can view it? 你可以共享链接吗,这样我就能看到了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 03:03 , Processed in 0.066586 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.