36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-11-25 14:37:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十三课欢送场合At a Farewell Party
        Jennifer的同事Kate,原是Action总公司的会计主任,由于表现杰出,公司将她调往台中分公司,担任中南部的会计部经理。在她南下就任之前,公司同仁为她举办了一个欢送会,由Jennifer代表致辞。
        英文正文
        Thank you for taking a moment to join us today. As you know, Kate is taking off next week for our Taichung branch office. She has been promoted to regional Accounting Manager for Action's central and southern regions.
        Kate has worked hard in our accounting department for three years now, and I'd just like to say that I've heard nothing but good things about her performance! Actually, the employee grapevine says she's a real slavedriver.
        Seriously, though, it comes as no surprise to me that you are moving up the Action corporate ladder. Everyone knows you are a hard worker. Accounting isn't going to be the same without you.
        Kate, we'd all just like to say congratulations. Please let us know how you're doing, and the best of luck!  
        中文翻译
        感谢各位今天的莅临。大家都知道,Kate在下星期就要到台中分公司上任,她刚升任为会计经理在本公司的中南部地区。
        Kate在公司的会计部门已认真工作了三年,而我得说,对于她的表现,我听到的除了赞美还是赞美!事实上呢,同事们的小道消息说,她可是个十足严苛的上司!
        说真的,你这次要升官,一点也不令我觉得意外。每个人都知道你工作卖力;会计部若没有你,就不可能有今天。
        Kate,我们全体跟你说一声恭喜!请与我们保持联络。祝你一切顺利!  
        短语解说
        take off (for…) 离开(前往…)
        在此为俚语用法,意同"leave"。这词组另外还有‘脱下’、‘起飞’等意思。
        I usually take off for the office at eight every morning.
        我早上通常是八点出门上班。
        branch office 分公司;分处
        "branch"原为‘树枝’的意思,"branch office"顾名思义,指一家大企业‘分设的子公司’;与其相对的是"headquarters",总公司。
        He worked at the branch office before being transferred to the company's headquarters.
        他在调到总公司之前,就在分公司上班。
        nothing but good things 赞誉有加
        "nothing but"等于"only",‘唯有’的意思。这是个口语的说法,表示说话者对某件事或某个人只听过赞美的话;用于极力肯定某人、某物。
        Moviegoers across the island have said nothing but good things about the latest Madonna movie.
        全岛的观众对麦丹娜最近的一部电影赞誉有加。
        come as no surprise 意料之中;不会令人觉得讶异
        这个词组的重点放在:以否定的形式表达肯定的含意。表示某件事的出现并非一个令人惊讶的结果,而是‘意料之中’。"surprise"在此当名词。
        The rise in crime in Taiwan comes as no surprise, because that's one of the effects of overcrowding.
        台湾犯罪案件的增加,一点也不令人讶异,因为那是人口过多的后果之一。
        move up the corporate ladder 升官;升迁
        "corporate ladder"是个俚语,比喻公司里职位的等级、升迁的制度。"move up"原意是‘往上移动’,在这里即指‘升迁;升官’。"ladder"原意‘梯子’,在此象征职等的阶级。
        It takes hard work and a little bit of help and luck to move up the corporate ladder.
        在一个企业里想要升迁,必须努力工作,再加上一点他人的帮助和运气。
        not going to be the same without
        这个表达语的用意通常在赞扬某人的工作表现极为杰出。
        You've really improved this department; it's just not going to be the same without you.
        你使这个部门改善了许多。若没有你,情况不会是今天这个样子。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 23:46 , Processed in 0.056917 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.