Wow

本节目订阅地址:

sub_451.gif

sub_451.gif

点击订阅更方便。
        http://t1.g.hjfile.cn/listen/201112/201112241037379013105.mp3

btn_listen1974151.gif

btn_listen1974151.gif

I got an email from our supplier yesterday about this quarter's order. It doesn't look so good. Here, take a look. "Dear Mr. Hardy, I am sorry to inform you that your shipment will be delayed. Due to circumstances beyond our control, our warehouse has been temporarily closed. There has been a problem with fire hazard violations in our industry and government officials have closed several warehouses without warning." Wow, that's a bummer. So that means that we'll be late in getting our order. Did they say how long we have to wait until the order is filled? Keep reading. "We deeply regret any inconvenience this has caused you. We apologize for this unexpected delay in the shipment of your order. We can assure you that this will not happen again. We expect normal shipment service to resume soon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the meantime. Sincerely." Looks like they don't have a date for us when the order can be filled. They say "soon", but who knows how soon "soon" will be.
        昨天我从供应商那里受到一封电子邮件,是关于本季度订单的问题.看起来没有那么乐观,这儿呢,你看一下. "亲爱的哈代先生,我很抱歉的通知您,您的货物装船要延期.由于我们无法控制的外界因素,我们的库房暂时被查封了.我们企业存在火灾隐患问题,政府官员在没有提出警告的前提下就已经查封了几个库房.” 哇,真倒霉. 那意味着我们晚些时候才能拿到货物了... 他们有没有说我们要等多长时间才能提货? 接着往下看… "此事给你们带来了不便,我们深表遗憾,对此次未能预料的运货延迟向你们道歉.我们向你们保证,以后这种事情不会再发生.据我们估计正常的船运很快就能恢复.在此期间还有什么需要我做的,请告诉我. 真诚的…”好像他们没有说明具体的送货时间. 他们说"很快",但是谁知道"很快"有多块. Trouble: a problem, worry, difficulty, etc. or a situation causing this 问题;忧虑;困难;苦恼 We've been having trouble getting staff. 我们在聘请雇员方面一直有困难。 He could make trouble for me if he wanted to. 他要是想找麻烦就能给我找麻烦。 The trouble with you is you don't really want to work. 你的问题在于你并不是很想工作。 Her trouble is she's incapable of making a decision. 她的问题是自己没有能力做决定。Forensic: connected with the scientific tests used by the police when trying to solve a crime 法医的 forensic evidence/medicine/science/tests 法医证据/学/科学/检验 the forensic laboratory 法医检验室 a forensic pathologist 法医病理学家 Shred: a very small amount of sth 极少量;些许;一丁点 There is not a shred of evidence to support his claim. 没有丝毫证据支持他的说法。 Convict: to decide and state officially in a court of law that sb is guilty of a crime 宣判(某人)有罪 a convicted murderer 已定罪的谋杀犯 He was convicted of fraud. 他被判犯有诈骗罪。 Supplier: a person or company that supplies goods 供应者;供货商;供货方 a leading supplier of computers in the UK 英国一家主要电脑供应商 Order: a request to make or supply goods 订货;订购;订单 I would like to place an order for ten copies of this book. 这本书我想订购十册。 an order form 订货单 The machine parts are still on order(= they have been ordered but have not yet been received) 机器零件尚在订购之中。 These items can be made to order(= produced especially for a particular customer) 这几项可以订做。 Warehouse: a building where large quantities of goods are stored, especially before they are sent to shops/stores to be sold 仓库;货栈;货仓 Hazard: a thing that can be dangerous or cause damage 危险;危害 a fire/safety hazard 火灾╱安全隐患 Growing levels of pollution represent a serious health hazard to the local population. 日益严重的污染对当地人民的健康构成了重大威胁。 Everybody is aware of the hazards of smoking. 大家都明白吸烟的祸害。 Violation: 违反;违背;违犯 violation of safety regulations in a factory 违反工厂安全规章 Resume: if you resume an activity, or if it resumes, it begins again or continues after an interruption 重新开始;(中断后)继续 to resume talks/negotiations 重新进行会谈/谈判 She resumed her career after an interval of six years. 经过六年的间歇之后她又重新上岗。 The noise resumed, louder than before. 噪声再起,比先前更大。 There is no sign of the peace talks resuming. 没有任何恢复和谈的迹象。 He got back in the car and resumed driving. 他回到车上,继续开车。 Figure out:弄清楚,理解 I can't figure him out. 我看不透他. Move on:继续前进Beyond one's control:超出某人的控制能力 Without warning:没有警告 Bummer:令人不愉快的人,事或经历 It's a real bummer that she can't come. 她不能来,实在令人失望. Fill an order:供应订单 In the meantime:在这期间
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:56 , Processed in 0.081376 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.