|
http://share.vrs.sohu.com/146274/v.swf&xuid=
1. Having a little trouble catching your breath there? 喘不过气了吗?
catch your breath 恢复正常呼吸
e.g: He leant against a tree until he had got his breath back. 他靠着一棵树直到恢复平静的呼吸。
2. And for the record, the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is: jet pack, hoverboard, transporter, Batmobile, and then giant ant. 而且准确来说,真正酷的交通工具排名应该是:喷射背包、悬滑板、传送器、蝙蝠战车,然后才是巨型蚂蚁。
for the record 接下来要说的话应该被记住或记录下来
e.g: For the record, the police never charged me. 记住,警察从来没指控过我。
3. And on a side note, they are one of the few mammals whose scrotum is in front of the penis. 并且,兔子是少数哺乳动物中阴囊长在阴茎前的。
on a ... note 以...方式来说
e.g: On a more serous note, I'd like to thank everyone for all their support. 更严肃地说,我想感谢所有支持我的人。
4. All right! Fence mended, problem swept under the rug. 太好了,栅栏已补,误会已清。
sweep sth. under the rug 字面理解是把...东西扫到了地毯下面,这里引申问题已经清理了。
5. I've taken the liberty of having these made for our rematch. 我强制要求穿这个参加我们的复赛。
take the liberty of doing 擅自做某事,没经过允许做某事
e.g: I took the liberty of cancelling your reservation. 我擅自取消了你的预订。
6. I just wanted you to know that I'm really looking forward to wiping the floor with you.我只想告诉你我热切期盼着打得你一败涂地。
wipe the floor with sb. 在争论或比赛中完全打败某人
7. And she strung me along for almost two years. 然后跟我藕断丝连将近两年时间。
string sb. along 愚弄,欺骗
e.g: He's just stringing you along. 他只是在玩你。 |
|