主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-10 14:34:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Last year, my boyfriend suggested that I should run the London marathon,  and  I  laughed.  He
          laughed too, but he laughed too long and too loud. That made me think. I realized that he didn't believe that I could do it. That made me angry,and determined. Now he knows that I can !
          Training wasn't easy, but I kept going. I didn't need special training but I did need to buy very good shoes. Each day,I went a little further. By the end of three months, I was running five days a week. Sometimes in the evenings I ran 10km;on Sunday mornings, I sometimes ran about 30km.
          On the day of the race in London, I lined up with about 30,000 other runners. For the first ]0km I felt very happy and my legs felt very comfortable. At the 30km mark, I felt exhausted, and wanted to stop, but I kept on going.
          By the time I reached the 35km mark, I knew I was going to get to the end of the course. Somehow that confidence made me feel lighter and faster. As I came round the last bend and saw the finishing line, I could see three runners ahead of me. I raced past all of them to finish the race in just under four hours. The winner had completed the race in 2 hours and 10 minutes, but I didn't care! I had run 42km and completed my first marathon !
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 13:55 , Processed in 0.054054 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.