36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-10 14:33:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Part I Writing (30 minutes)
          Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled Paying Kids for Chores? You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below.
          1. 现在有不少家长付钱让孩子做家务
          2. 有人对此赞成,也有人表示反对
          3. 我的看法
          Paying Kids for Chores?
          Part I Writing
          【参考范文一】
          Paying Kids for Chores?
          A rising proportion of parents pay their children to do chores around the house nowadays. For example, some parents will give their kids allowances if they clean the room, do laundry, set the table, or prepare simple food for the family.
          People differ on whether parents should pay their kids for doing housework. Supporters say tying kids’ allowances to housework is a good way to teach kids accountability and responsibility. It also helps children learn about money and how it works. But critics of this approach say children should do routine housework for free. The reason is simple: chores are part of a family, and everyone does chores.
          Personally, I don’t think parents should adopt the pay-for-work view. Paying kids to help out sends the wrong massage: they are entitled to freely have everything parents provide for them while the contributions they make to the family have to be paid for. It risks creating teenagers who would worship money and who are likely to drive a hard bargain just to take out the garbage.
          【参考范文二】
          Paying Kids for Chores?
          To foster a love for work and help them become accustomed to it, many Chinese, especially those in big cities, pay their only child to do chores at home. Usually the amount of money given to the child depends on the child’s age, the family’s income and the child’s expenses.
          People’s opinions vary towards this phenomenon. Some people think it’s a good idea for parents to pay kids to do housework. It motivates children to do more jobs around the house, as paying chores shows them that they have to work in order to get allowances. Others, however, argue that it’s improper for parents to take this approach, since paying them makes them lazy. They say many children now refuse to do anything unless there is some kind of compensation.
          I’m in the camp that parents should pay their children in return for work done around the house. On the one hand, it teaches children that they should work for what they want in life. On the other hand, it provides solid lessons and opportunities related to money management.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 15:31 , Processed in 0.070196 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.