|
发表于 2016-7-10 12:31:30
|
显示全部楼层
He lit my cigarette but stayed near,looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.
他点完火后并没立刻离开,两眼盯着我瞧,脸上仍带着微笑。
I kept smiling at him,now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer.
我也以笑容回应,仿佛他是个朋友而不是个守着我的警卫。
And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension, too.
他看着我的眼神也少了当初的那股凶气。
Do you have kids? he asked.
你有小孩吗?他开口问道。
Yes, here, here. I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family.
有的,你看。我拿出了皮夹,手忙脚乱地翻出了我的全家福照片。
He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them.
他也掏出了照片并且开始讲述他对家人的期望与计划。
My eyes filled with tears.
这时我眼中充满了泪水。
I said that I feared that I'd never see my family again,never have the chance to see them grow up.
我说自己害怕再也见不到家人。我害怕没机会看着孩子长大。
Tears came to his eyes, too.
他听了也流下两行眼泪。
Suddenly, without another word,he unlocked my cell and silently led me out.
突然他二话不说地打开了牢门,悄悄地带我从后面的小路逃离了监狱。
Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town.
离开监狱后,出了小镇,就在小镇的边上,
There, at the edge of town, he released me.
就在那里,他放了我。
And without another word, he turned back toward the town.
之后便转身往回走,不曾留下一句话。
My life was saved by a smile.
一个微笑居然能救自己一条命。
Yes, the smile-is the unaffected, unplanned,natural connection between people.
是的,微笑是人与人之间最自然真挚的沟通方式。
I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other,we wouldn't be enemies.
如果我们能用心灵去认识彼此,世间不会有结怨成仇的憾事。
We couldn't have hate or envy or fear.
恨意、妒嫉、恐惧也会不复存在。 |
|