109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-10 11:13:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  下面和大家分享一篇趣味英语小故事,希望能丰富广大英语学习者的课外阅读。
          趣味英语小故事
          An American on a British Train
        A young American entered a railway compartment on a British train, to discover that all seats were occupied, Including one on which was seated a small dog. To its owner, a middle-aged lady wearing a large hat, he said politely,“Excuse me, ma'am, but may I sit down?”
        She said nothing, but merely sniffed and turned over the pages of her newspaper.
        Again he said,“Excuse me, ma'am, but may I have this seat, please? And again she ignored him.
        For a third time the young American said,“Ma'am, would you please remove your dog so that I may sit down?”
        And for the third time the snooty matron totally ignored him, so he opened a window, picked up the dog, threw it out, and then sat on the empty seat.
        There was a stunned silence, and then an Englishman sitting opposite said,“You know, you Yanks are the strangest people. You drive on the wrong side of the road. You eat with the fork in the wrong hand, you name the floors in the wrong numbers, and now you've just thrown the wrong bitch out of the window!”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 07:53 , Processed in 0.066598 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.