主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-30 10:16:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
我们的金发美女外教Alison已经在沪江活跃了一段时间呢,想必很多童鞋都已经和她互动过了吧~看到有筒子感叹自己以前从来没有外教,没想到在这里找到了,真是激动万分呐T T
        神马!你不知道这事?!好吧,我们就再来为你介绍一次美丽的Alison小姐!
        Alison来自美国,在当地学习电视新闻学,曾在一家电视台做制片和记者;四年后她去了伦敦,攻读全球媒体专业的硕士学位;如今Alison漂洋过海来到中国,在上海复旦大学继续自己的学业。Alison很高兴能成为沪江的英语老师,也欢迎各位沪友同她做朋友!目前,她专门开设了一个外教课堂小组,帮助大家学习最地道的英语!戳我去看Alison的主页>>

201009291343366837151.jpg

201009291343366837151.jpg

Alison有着很丰富的人生经历,足迹遍布世界各地。为此,Alison发表了名为“流浪者日记”的系列文章,用图片和文字向大家介绍自己所走过的地方!
        Alison老师的新节目【跟外教学地道口语】已经开始了第二期“手指交叉是什么意思?”,可上传录音得到Alison的亲自点评哦!点击进入新节目>>

2010091743119498_364_o45224.gif

2010091743119498_364_o45224.gif

Diary of a Nomad流浪者日记
        I like to think I wander with a purpose. I study, I work, I teach, I learn—but most importantly, I want to share. So this program is like a diary, with my personal insight about places I've been and people I've met. See the world from the wide eyes of a small-town girl from the prairie, and enhance your international and cultural vocabulary in the process. I hope you find it interesting, and don't forget to leave feedback!
        喜欢想象自己是怀揣着一个目标在世间漫游。我学习着、工作着、教授着、收获着——但更为重要的是,我想要与人分享。这就是这个节目诞生的原因。它像一本日记,记录着我对自己所走过的那些地、所遇见的那些人的点滴感悟。让你从一个来自草原小镇女孩的视野观察世界,与此同时扩充你在国际和人文方面的英语词汇。希望你能从这个节目中找到乐趣,另外别忘了给我答复哦!
        Nomad: (definition) A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.
        Nomad一词的意思是“居无定所、到处游荡的人;漫游者,流浪者”。
        From the Greek word 'nomas': wandering in search of pasture
        它来源于希腊单词'nomas',意思是为寻找牧场而四处游荡。

穿越华丽的残破——印度寺庙
        Some of my favorite things about Hinduism are its magnificent temples. Temples are devoted to Hindu gods, and most contain a deity for Hindus to worship. The modern-day city of Hampi in South India is the site of an incredible ancient city of Hindu temple ruins. I rented a motorbike to explore the crumbling castles at my leisure in the scorching-hot sun, and as I drove my scooter through the mango trees and rice paddy fields, I couldn't help feeling like I was one of the first to find these golden ruins. Many of the temples seemed untouched, taken over by vine plants and monkeys.
        However, Hinduism is not the only major religion in India; Muslim, Buddhist and Christian communities thrive and exist peacefully with their Hindu neighbours. A collection of ancient caves near Aurangabad in South India preserves early evidence of Buddhism worship. A series of temples were carved out of the side of the mountain, adorned with paintings and statues telling the story of Buddha, a spiritual teacher. For over 1000 years, the caves were abandoned and soon hidden by plants and trees.
        欢迎提供对本文的翻译,点击相关应用中的“贡献翻译稿”提交,通过审核就可获得100沪元!

2010091734647810_293_o52041.jpg

2010091734647810_293_o52041.jpg

想看Alison在寺庙中的靓照吗?想听Alison的有声讲述吗?赶快点击进入吧>>

【Notes】
        1. devote 指决心将全部身心、活动、精力等献出,常用短语:devote sth./oneself to
        He devoted a great sum of money to books. 他们花了一大笔钱买书。
        We should devote ourselves assiduously and faithfully to the duties of our profession. 我们应当勤奋地而且忠诚地献身于我们的职责。
        2. at (one's) leisure
        1) at one's convenience 有空闲
        I am seldom at leisure. 我难得有空。
        Please drop by at your leisure. 有空的时候请顺便来看看。
        2) slowly, without haste 从容地,慢慢地
        Marry in haste and repent at leisure. 结婚太急,后悔莫及。
        3. take over
        1) assume control, management, or responsibility 接管,接替
        She took over the job after he left. 他离开以后,她接替了他的工作。
        2) become dominant 抢占,占领
        Our defense took over in the second half of the game. 在比赛的第二阶段,对手完全被我们防住了。
        4. carve out
        1) cut (sth. such as a pattern) clearly out of a material as with a knife 雕刻出……
        She bought a wooden dish with a pretty pattern carved out. 她买了一个刻有漂亮图案的木盘。
        The statue was carved out of marble. 这尊像是大理石雕成的。
        2) make (sth) by hard work 用辛勤的劳动创造出……
        He carved out a name for himself in the engineering business. 在土木工程业方面,他孜孜以求地为自己赢得了声誉。
        The early settlers carved out a new nation from the wild uncultivated country. 早期的定居者以艰苦的劳动在野蛮和不开化的国土上建立了一个崭新的国家。
        更多精彩内容,请移步:外教课堂小组>>
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:27 , Processed in 0.061476 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.