36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 08:45:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
参加2015年12月英语四六级考试的同学想必已经开始为此做准备了,文都四六级考试网小编整理了一些英语六级模拟题供大家练习,希望有助于大家复习。
  Part ⅡReading Comprehension (35 minutes)
  Directions: There are 4 passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
  Passage 1
  Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage:
  In a sense, the new protectionism is not protectionism at all, at least not in the traditional sense of the term. The old protectionism referred only to trade restricting and trade expanding devices, such as the tariff or export subsidy. The new protectionism is much broader than this: it includes interventions into foreign trade but is not limited to them. The new protectionism, in fact, refers to how the whole of government intervention into the private economy affects international trade. The emphasis on trade is still there, thus came the term “protection.” But what is new is the realization that virtually all government activities can affect international economic relations.
  The emergence of the new protectionism in the Western world reflects the victory of the interventionist, or welfare economy over the market economy. Jab Tumiler writes, “The old protectionism…coexisted, without any apparent intellectual difficulty with the acceptance of the market as a national as well as an international economic distribution mechanism — indeed, protectionists as well as (if not more than) free traders stood for laissez faire(放任政策). Now, as in the 1930s, protectionism is an expression of a profound skepticism as to the ability of the market to distribute resources and incomes to societies satisfaction.”
  It is precisely this profound skepticism of the market economy that is responsible for the protectionism. In a market economy, economic change of various colorsimplies redistribution of resources and incomes. The same opinion in many communities apparently is that such redistributions often are not proper. Therefore, the government intervenes to bring about a more desired result.
  The victory of the welfare state is almost complete in northern Europe. In Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and the Netherlands, government intervention in almost all aspects of economic and social life is considered normal. In Great Brita in this is only somewhat less true. Government traditionally has played a very active role in economic life in France and continued to do so. Only West Germany dares to go against the tide towards excessive interventionism in Western Europe. It also happens to be the most successful Western European economy.
  The welfare state has made significant progress in the United States as well as in Western Europe. Social security, unemployment insurance, minimum wage laws, and rent control are by now traditional welfare state elements on the American scene.
  11.This passage is primarily concerned with discussing ____.
  A) the definition of the new protectionism
  B) the difference between new and old protectionism
  C) the emergence of the new protectionism in the Western world
  D) the significance of the welfare state
  12.What does the phrase “stood for(Para.2)” mean?
  A) represented. B) held out. C) tolerated. D) disapproved.
  13.Which of the following statements is NOT a characteristic of a welfare state mentioned in this passage?
  A) Free education is available to a child.
  B) Laws are made to fix the minimum wage.
  C) A jobless person can be insured.
  D) There are regulations for rent.
  14.Which of the following inferences is true, according to this passage?
  A) The economy developed faster in welfare states than in non-welfare states.
  B) In the 1930s, protectionism began to rise.
  C) The new protectionism is so called mainly because it is the latest.
  D) Government plays a more active role in economic life in Northern Europe than in Great Britain.
  15.The passage supplies information for answering which of the following questions?
  A) When did the new protectionism arise?
  B) Why is the new protectionism so popular in northern European countries?
  C) Does the American government play a more active role in economic life than the British government?
  D) Why does the government intervene in economic life?お

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 10:17:56 | 显示全部楼层
  Passage 2 
  Questions 16 to 20 are based on the following passage:
  When I was growing up, the whole world was Jewish. The heroes were Jewish and the villains were Jewish. The landlord, the doctor, the grocer, your best friend, the village idiot, and the neighborhood bully: all Jewish. We were working class and immigrants as well, but that just come with the territory. Essentially we were Jews on the streets of New York. We learned to be kind, cruel, and smart and feeling in a mixture of language and gesture that was part street slang, part grade-school English, part kitchen Yiddish.
  One Sunday evening when I was eight years old my parents and I were riding in the back seat of my rich uncle’s car. We had been out for a ride and now we were back in the Bronx, headed for home. Suddenly, another car sideswiped us. My mother and aunt shrieked. My uncle swore softly. My father, in whose lap I was sitting, said out the window at the speeding car, “That’s all right. Nothing but a few Jews in here.” In an instant I knew everything. I knew there was a world beyond our streets, and in that world my father was a humiliated man, without power or standing.
  When I was sixteen a girl in the next building had her nose straightened; we all went together to see Selma Shapiro lying in state, wrapped in bandages from which would emerge a person fit for life beyond the block. Three buildings away a boy went downtown for a job, and on his application he wrote “Anold Brown” instead of “Anold Braunowiitz.” The news swept through the neighborhood like a wild fire. A name change? What was happening here? It was awful; it was wonderful. It was frightening; it was delicious. Whatever it was, it wasn’t standstill.
  Thing felt lively and active. Self-confidence was on the rise, passivity on the wane. We were going to experience challenges. That’s what it meant to be in the new world. For the first time we could imagine ourselves out there.But whom exactly do I mean when I say we? I mean Arinie, not Selma. I mean my brother, not me. I mean the boys, not the girls. My mother stood behind me, pushing me forward. “The girls goes to college, too,” she said. And I did. But my going to college would not mean the same thing as my brother’s going to college, and we all knew it. For my brother, college meant going from the Bronx to Manhattan. But for me? From the time I was fourteen I yearned to get out of the Bronx, but get out into what? I did not actually imagine myself a working person alone in Manhattan and nobody else did either. What I did imagine was that I would marry, and that the man I married would get me downtown. He would break the perils of class and race, and some how I’d be there alongside him.
  16.In the passage, we can find the author was____.
  A) quite satisfied with her life
  B) a poor Jewish girl
  C) born in a middle-class family
  D) a resident in a rich area in New York
  17.Why did the author’s father say “Nothing but a few Jews in here”?
  A) He was asking for help.
  B) He was complaining.
  C) He was reassuring.
  D) He wanted to know why their car was sideswiped.
  18.Selma Shapiro had her nose straightened because she wanted ____.
  A) to look her best
  B) to find a new job in the neighborhood
  C) to live a new life in other places
  D) to marry very soon
  19.Anold Brown changed his name because ____.
  A) there was racial discrimination in employment
  B) Brown was just the same as Braunowiitz
  C) it was easy to write
  D) Brown sounds better
  20.From the passage we can infer that ____.
  A) the Jews were satisfied with their life in the Bronx
  B) the Jewish immigrants could not be rich
  C) all the immigrants were very poor
  D) the young Jews didn’t accept the stern realityお

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 10:24:14 | 显示全部楼层
  Passage 3
  Questions 21 to 25 are based on the following passage:
  It is all very well to blame traffic congestion, the cost of petrol and the hectic pace modern life, but manners on the roads are becoming deplorable. Everybody knows that the nicest men become monsters behind the wheel. It is all very well, again to, to have a tiger in the tank, but to have one in the driver’s seat is another kettle of fish altogether. You might tolerate the odd road hog, but nowadays the well-mannered motorist is the exception to the rule. Perhaps the situation calls for a “Be Kind to Other Drivers” campaign, otherwise it may get completely out of hand.
  Road courtesy is not only good manners, but good sense too. It takes the most levelheaded and good-tempered of drivers to resist the temptation to retaliate when subjected to uncivilized behavior. On the other hand, a little courtesy goes along way towards relieving the tensions and frustrations of motoring. A friendly nod or a wave of acknowledgement in response to an act of courtesy helps to create an atmosphere of goodwill and tolerance so necessary in modern traffic conditions. But such acknowledgements of courtesy are all too rare today. Many drivers nowadays don’t even seem able to recognize courtesy when they see it.
  Contrary to general opinion, young drivers (especially sports-car owners, who take pride in their driving) have better manners than their seniors. But this attitude is short-lived in the world of modern driving where many drivers neither expect nor give any quarter. This may be a commendable trait on the battlefield but is out of place on the roads.
  Lorry drivers say they have almost abandoned the practice of signal cars to over take when the road is clear, because many of the cars took too long to pass. Their drivers couldn’t be bothered to select a lower gear. Others, after overtaking, slowed down again and hogged the road. Again, a motoring magazine has recently drawn attention to the increasing number of drivers who never wait for gaps.
  “They manufacture them by force, using their direction indicators as a threat rather than a warning.” Slanting matches and even punch-ups are quite common. It can’t be long before we hear of pistols and knives being used: we can then call our dual carriageways duel carriageways, and solve a spelling problem in the process.
  Driving is essentially a state of mind. However technically skilled a driver maybe, he can’t be an advanced motorist if he is always arrogant and aggressive.
  21.What does the author mean by “another kettle of fish altogether” (Para.1, sentence 3)?
  A) completely another awkward and difficult situation
  B) another net of fish put together
  C) completely another kind of situation
  D) completely another kind of driver
  22.The phrase “get completely out of hand” (Para. 1, last sentence) stands for ____.
  A) get without giving it much thought completely
  B) get out of order completely
  C) get out of control completely
  D) get ready completely
  23.Road courtesy is good sense because ____.
  A) it minimizes friction
  B) most drivers never make acknowledgements
  C) it cuts down the number of drivers
  D) most drivers will hit you if offended
  24.A common example of bad manners on the roads is ____.
  A) not signaling when overtaking
  B) that they couldn’t be bothered to select a lower gear
  C) preventing other vehicles from overtaking
  D) making holes in the roads on purpose
  25.According to the author, discourtesy on the roads is caused primarily by ____.
  A) too many vehicles on the roads
  B) the way people have to rush around nowadays
  C) the aggressiveness of most drivers
  D) too many pedestrians walking about

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 11:42:43 | 显示全部楼层
  Passage 4
  Questions 26 to 30 are based on the following passage:
  Unlike any earlier building complex anywhere in the world, Rockefeller in New York City was built, not as a place where people could live, but as a city in which they could work. It was the biggest building project of its kind, a city within a city, and of the forerunner of projects that have sprung up all over the world. 30 architects, 120 draftsmen, and hundreds of other artists and technicians were employed just to draft the plans. Before the buildings could be erected,229 old buildings had to be emptied of 4,000 tenants and razed. Just to buy up the leases took over two years and cost over $6,000,000. The unusual shape and setbacks of the 70-story RCA building resulted primarily from practical considerations such as lighting, the movement of people and the building’s services. The lower concourse and basement level were set aside for shops. A sunken plaza, complete with gardens and fountains, was designed to provide access to these shops. Today the plaza, which is used for ice-skating in winter and dining and dancing in summer , is one of the centre’s most popular attractions.
  26.Which of the following statement is the main idea of the passage?
  A) The pleasant work environment.
  B) The purpose of the RCA building setbacks.
  C) The recreational facilities at Rockefeller.
  D) The architectural significance of Rockefeller centre.
  27.From the passage we know, Rockefeller centre was originally planed to serve as what kind of complex?
  A) Commercial. B) Recreational.
  C) Housing.D) Tourist.
  28.Which of the following is true about Rockefeller centre?
  A) It was patterned after an ancient design.
  B) It has been imitated numerous times.
  C) All shopkeepers were required to take two-year leases.
  D) 4,000 tenants are located in the complex.
  29.According to the passage, what does the shape of the RCA building reflect ?
  A) Architectural creativity.
  B) City regulation.
  C) Practical considerations.
  D) Decreased space needs.
  30.The sunken plaza at Rockefeller centre was originally designed as ____.
  A) an entrance of shops
  B) an ice-skating rink
  C) a restaurant
  D) a tourist attractionお

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 12:52:50 | 显示全部楼层
  Part ⅢVocabulary (20 minutes)
  Directions:There are 30 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D).Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
  31.This is his ____ price. He refuses to lower it any further.
  A) minimal B) minus C) small D) miniature
  32.You can ____ the dangers of driving by taking care to obey the rules of the road.
  A) maximize B) theorize
  C) standardize D) minimize
  33.“Tell me at the end of the week how many hours you have worked and I’ll ____ with you then.” his employer said.
  A) settle up B) draw up C) work up D) come up
  34.Some people secretly ________ goods into China to avoid paying attention custom duty them.
  A) steal B) transport C) smuggle D) import
  35.He’s trying to ____all the supporters he can obtain for the political party he’s formed.
  A) paralyze B) mechanize
  C) standardize D) mobilize
  36.Mrs. Palmer was offended by the clerk’s____ remark.
  A) tasty B) nasty C) misty D) muddy
  37.In buying a suit, a difference of ten cents in prices is____.
  A) ignorant B) negative
  C) negligible D) negligent
  38.____ at the concerts went down after the price of tickets increased.
  A) Presence B)Attention C) Attendance D) Consent
  39.All sorts of grain ____ very well because the soil here is fat.
  A) profit B) thrive C) prosper D) succeed
  40.The ____ is a coin used in the U.S.A valued at 5 cents.
  A) Currency B) Note C) Nickel D) Token

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 13:14:06 | 显示全部楼层
  41.He has to ____ his small salary by living economically.
  A) upset B) offset C) outset D) preset
  42.I am the ____ of a musician and a scientist.
  A) ownership B) friendship
  C) offspring D) masterpiece
  43.Don’t ____ to lock the door when you leave.
  A)ignoreB) disregard C) neglect D) overlook
  44.When he finally emerged from the cave after thirty days, John was ____ pale.
  A) enormouslyB) dramaticallyC) startlingD) uniquely
  45.They were trying to find out about the____temperature for the growth of this kind of plant.
  A) optical B) option
  C) optimum D) optimism
  46.I have the ____ of accepting all or part of the money.
  A) orientation B) option
  C) optimum D) ornament
  47.There was nothing anywhere in ____.
  A) sight B) glimpseC) glanceD) seeing
  48.He’s always ____ about his ability.
  A) coaxing B) rebuking C) teasing D) boasting
  49.I am sure her decision will be fair and just, for she has had a reputation for being ____.
  A) impartialB) imperative C) impulsiveD) improper
  50.You shouldn’t change jobs constantly, or people will become suspicious of your ability to ____ any job.
  A) hold B) sustain C) engage D) uphold

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 14:13:02 | 显示全部楼层
  Part Ⅳ
  61. take for granted 改为take it for granted. take it for granted that: 想当然认为…,在该结构中,it为形式宾语,that引导的从句才是真正宾语。如:Don’t take it for granted that you are bond to win. 别想当然地以为你注定会赢。
  62. and 改为or,根据句意知,此处应是选择关系,而非并列关系。
  63. will改为would。根据句中In the early days和could 知此句主句时态为一般过去时,故其宾语从句中的将来时应为过去将来时,用would。
  64. At改为In。at表时间点,如几时几刻:at five o’clock, at 10∶30表一段时间用in, 如:in two years, in a week, in a few days,自然此处the old days 前应用in。
  65. danger 改为dangerous. 由于本句是系数结构,故应用形容词;况且从修辞上看既然stormy 有“风暴的”是形容词,后面and 并列的词性也应是形容词。故应将danger 名词改为其形容词dangerous。
  66. go on ashore 改为go ashore 或go on shore, ashore 是副词,意为“上岸,在岸上”。此处“上岸”可用go ashore或go on shore来表达。
  67. scratched改为were scratched或they scratched。若用were scratched,则此句为倒装句,主语是words,用过去时和被动语态。若用they scratched,则words是宾语,该句缺主语,根据上下文,加上they即可。
  68. it改为them。句中的pick it up 中“it”指的是主句中的letters。根据单复数一致的原则,应用them指代letters。
  69. golden改为gold。golden 是形容词,意为“金色的”,“黄金般的”,gold 作名词,意为“黄金”,作形容词,意为“全制的”。故“淘金热”应为“gold rush”。
  70. sail 改为sailing。根据boats sail east could pick up 中could为谓动词,到sail 应变为现在分词,作定语,修饰boats。若无字数限制,改成boats which sailed east 这样的定语从句也可以。 お
  Part Ⅴ
  写作指导
  本文应先说明环境破坏的现象,然后分析造成的原因,最后再提出了环保建议。分三个部分论证。可采用举例法论证,关联词如表示举例的for instance; 表示结果的consequently;表示进一步说明或强调的关联词:besides等可以试着采用。再由于文章涉及环境问题,许多动词的施动者不清楚,因此多数句子最好用被动态。
  Sample writing
  How to Solve the Problem of Environmental Protection
  The problem of environmental protection has drawn attention and concern of people all over the world, for people have realized that humans are a part of nature and should be responsible for the ecological balance. The world population is growing so rapidly that our earth seems too crowded. Vast stretches of fertile lands are being turned into deserts. The reduction of wooded areas has resulted in increased flooding and water shortages in dry seasons.
  There are two basic sources of the problems. One is man-made. For instance, people cut down trees either for sale or for fuels. The coverage of the world’s forests is rapidly diminishing, which is attributed to the denudation and forest fires. Another destructive factor is war. During the wars in Iraq and Yugoslavia, many chemical weapons were used. Consequently, the natural environment is seriously damaged. The other is natural catastrophes, such as forest fires, floods, and volcanoes.
  So, governments of all countries should establish strict laws to prevent the environment from being further polluted. Measures should be taken to make people realize the urgency of protecting our earth. Besides, more greenbelts should be built every year, and forests should be well protected. Everyone should try his best to make our earth a better place to survive.
    做完这套六级全套模拟题后,考生要对照答案认真找出自己的不足,总结做题技巧,练习的时候最好掐着时间,以适应真正考试的时间安排。
查看更多《六级模拟题》内容>>>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:22 , Processed in 0.082964 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.