主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-29 08:31:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  英语六级听力部分算是同学们考试时的难点吧。听力这部分不能急于求成,需要时间来练习。对于这部分同学们平时在积累词汇的基础上多加练习就可以,听的多了就能掌握技巧,距离12月份的四六级考试还有一段时间,同学每天练习一点听力,考试时听力就能取得高分了。

20160513105303984.gif

20160513105303984.gif

听力音频点击下载

20160513105303686.gif

20160513105303686.gif

听力材料:
  WASHINGTON— Nine young people fromaround the world have been spending the pastyear in the United States - learning the ins andouts of local government. They’re the firstparticipants in a “Next Generation Leaders”program, run by a Washington-based policyinstitute.
  The members of the group have spent their time inU.S. working with nongovernmental organizations,local governments and major businesses- learningabout the best practices in their respective fields.
  The program is aimed at fostering “character-driven leadership,” and is run by the McCainInstitute for International Leadership - named after U.S. Senator John McCain.
  Senator McCain himself spoke at the ceremony. “We need to do everything we can to have thenext generation of leaders best prepared in the turmoil that will be with us for some time,” hesaid.
  Though it’s based in Washington, the McCain Institute is part of Arizona State University, in thesenator’s home state.
  Senior advisor Ben Freakley said the Institute will continue to support the graduates in theirhome countries.
  “It’s the McCain Institute’s job to draw attention to the work they are doing in their homecountries. If they need resources or subject matter expertise or research by reaching back onArizona State University - it’s our job to support them to be successful,” he said.
  The graduates have various goals in mind as they return home.
  Soraya Aziz Souleymane, who works for a mining company in the Democratic Republic of theCongo, would like to decrease the mining industry’s negative impact on local communities.
  “So, as I go back, I’m trying to implement that as I work with the North American miningcompanies. The program gave me exposure, and it also gave me a huge network of peopleworking at various institutions that can make a very positive impact in my country,” saidSouleymane.
  Zaheer Abbas is a civil society activist from Pakistan’s conflict-torn tribal areas. He wants toreduce violence in the region by offering programs to Pakistani men and boys to encouragechanges in their perceptions of masculine behavior.
  “I’m trying to make men to be peacemakers, targeting their masculine perceptions and alsotrying to make them better human beings to be helpful and supportive of women’sempowerment efforts at the [same] time,” said Abbas.
  Executive Director Kurt Volker said the eventual goal is to create a global network of peoplecommitted to democratic values and leadership.
  “We are looking for people who are going to, in their own societies, advance those kinds ofvalues to bring about better lives for the people in those countries and a better worldenvironment for all of us to live in," said Volker.
  This year’s graduates now have returned to their home countries. The McCain institute hopesto double the number of program participants next year.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-10-7 03:14 , Processed in 0.072061 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.