36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-28 21:45:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 听力
  Part IIIListening Comprehension (35 minutes)
  Section A
  Directions:In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked [A], [B], [C]and [D], and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre.
  11.[A]The woman shouldn’t be so anxious. [B]The woman is already an hour late.
  [C]The woman is waiting to be interviewed. [D]The man is too nervous to calm down.
  12.[A]She is sure who is going to win. [B]Now it is a good time to start the game.
  [C]The game has been going on for a long time.[D]The same team always wins.
  13.[A]They are pleased with their new automobile.
  [B]They use different transportation everyday.
  [C]They don’t normally drive on this route.
  [D]They will have to change buses again.
  14.[A]Do her homework. [B]Clean the backyard.
  [C]Wash clothes. [D]Enjoy the beautiful day.
  15.[A]He is sick. [B]He is worried.
  [C]He is confident. [D]He is angry.
  16.[A]Patient and nurse. [B]Wife and husband.
  [C]Diner and waitress. [D]Customer and shop assistant.
  17.[A]Margaret wanted to return some magazines to the woman.
  [B]Margaret wanted to lend some magazines to the woman.
  [C]Margaret wanted to borrow some magazines from the woman.
  [D]Margaret wanted to get some magazines back from the woman.
  18.[A]She thinks that the man is strange.
  [B]She wants the policeman to protect her.
  [C]She does not know how to get to the nearest hotel.
  [D]She does not know how to talk with a stranger.
  Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
  19.[A]To Colorado. [B]To Arizona.
  [C]To the Nile River. [D]To the Museum of Natural History.
  20.[A]Archaeological. [B]Biological.
  [C]Meteorological. [D]Sociological.
  21.[A]In a cave. [B]In a river.
  [C]In a tree. [D]In a boat.
  22.[A]Solve a mystery. [B]See the canyon.
  [C]Find some driftwood. [D]Take some photographs.
  Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
  23.[A]Astronauts’ clothing. [B]Products made in space.
  [C]Costume jewelry. [D]Problems in manufacturing.
  24.[A]Medical research. [B]Ballpoint pens.
  [C]Children’s games. [D]Jewelry settings.
  25.[A]To produce them more cheaply. [B]To keep them a uniform size.
  [C]To make them lighter. [D]To make them perfectly round.
  听力原文及答案
  11.M:You still have an hour to wait, so relax.
  W:Relax? How can I when I’m so anxious about the interview?
  Q:What do we learn from the conversation?
  【解析】[C]女士说对于面试,她这么紧张,叫她如何放松得下来。四个选项中只有女士在等待面试是正确选项。
  12.M:Let’s see if the basketball game has started yet.
  W:Started? It must be clear who is winning by now.
  Q:What does the woman mean?
  【解析】[C]男士说:让我们看看篮球赛开始了没有。女士说:开始?现在可能都已经知道谁赢了。由此可见,球赛已经开始很长时间了。The game has been going on for a long time.
  13.M:I’m glad you suggest a driving this way today.
  W:Isn’t it nice to have a change in your routine?
  Q:What do we learn from the woman’s response?
  【解析】[C]男士说:很高兴你今天建议走这条路。女士说:在每天的老套上做一点改变不是很好么。说明他们平常是不怎么走这条路的。They don’t normally drive on this route.
  14.M:It’s such a beautiful day. Why not sit out in the backyard for a while and enjoy it?
  W:I’d love to. But there’s a lot of laundry to do.
  Q:What will the woman probably do?
  【解析】[C]本题关键词在于laundry,意为要洗的衣服。男士说:天气很好,建议到后院坐一坐。女士说:我很想去,但是有一大堆衣服要洗。可见,女士会去洗衣服。
  15.W:How did your interview go?
  M:I can’t feel better about it! The questions were very fair, and I seemed to find an answer for all of them.
  Q:What’s the man’s attitude about the interview?
  【解析】[C]关键在于听出I can’t feel better about it! 女士问:你的面试怎么样了?男士说:我不能觉得更好了,所有问题都很清楚,我似乎知道所有的答案。由此可见,男士对他的面试充满自信。
  16.W:Oh my goodness! I’ve spilled the soup all over the kitchen floor.
  M:I’ll get the mop and clean the floor for you.
  Q:What is likely the relation between them?
  【解析】[B]本题问的是说话人双方是什么关系。女士说:天哪,我把汤洒了厨房一地。男士说:我来拿拖把擦。很显然,两人是夫妻关系。
  17.M:Why did Margaret call yesterday?
  W:She wanted to pick up some magazines she lent me.
  Q:What do we learn from the conversation?
  【解析】[D]男士问:玛格丽特昨天打电话来干什么?女士回答说:她想拿回她借给我的杂志。因此,正确答案为Margaret wanted to get some magazines back from the woman.
  18.M:Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the nearest hotel?
  W:Sorry, I’m a stranger here. There’s a policeman over there. Why don’t you ask him?
  Q:What do we learn about this woman from the conversation?
  【解析】[C]听出I’m a stranger即可得出答案。男士问:您能告诉我最近的旅馆在哪儿吗?女士说:对不起,我也是外地人。那儿有个警察,为什么不问问他。由此可见,这个女士也不知道最近的旅馆在哪儿。
  Now you’ll hear two long conversations.
  Conversation One
  M: It’s good to see you back. How was your trip to Arizona? Did you see the Grand Canyon?
  W:Yes, it was fantastic. Now I know why it’s listed together with the Nile River as one of the great natural wonders of the world. Here, want to see the pictures I took?
  M:Oh, what a view! It’s even bigger than I had imagined. I remember reading about the Grand Canyon and I think it’s said that it was formed suddenly when the earth’s crust split open during an earthquake.
  W:Well, not that quickly. Look! Here is a picture of the Colorado River. See way down at the bottom of the Canyon? That river and its tributaries have been wearing the Canyon’s floor away for 10 million years.
  M:Then the Canyon is the result of swale erosion. I’ll bet the geologists have made some interesting discoveries there.
  W:Not only the geologists, archaeologists have found the bones of extinct animals in caves and canyon walls. In the cave 140 feet above the river, they found driftwood that dates back as far as 37,000 years.
  M:That means the river must have been 140 feet higher up when it carried the driftwood into the cave.
  W:It’s very possible. But of course, who knows, the Grand Canyon is full of mysteries. Wouldn’t you like to Arizona someday?
  M: You bet I would.
  Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
  19.Where has the woman been?
  【解析】[B]对话开头就给出了本题的答案。男士:How was your trip to Arizona?由此可见,女士刚刚从Arizona旅行回来。因此,选择B项。
  20.What type of scientific discoveries does the woman mainly talk about?
  【解析】[A]女士的话提到了:Not only the geologists, archaeologists have found the bones of extinct animals in caves and canyon walls.接着就主要说了考古学者在大峡谷的发现。
  21.Where does the woman say the driftwood was found?
  【解析】[A]本题亦可在对话中直接听出答案。女士说:In the cave 140 feet above the river, they found driftwood that dates back as far as 37,000 years. 因此,是在洞穴里发现漂流木的。
  22.What would the man like to do someday?
  【解析】[B]女士问:大峡谷充满了神秘,你以后会去亚利桑那州么?男士说:当然会去了。由此可见,男士也会去大峡谷游览。
  Conversation Two
  M: Did you know that astronauts have made commercial products in space?
  W:No, I wasn’t aware of that. What kind of products?
  M:Tiny plastic beads.
  W:Beads? Do you mean to tell me that astronauts have nothing better to do than make jewelry beads in space? It seems to me they can make more useful things out there.
  M:Oh, but these plastic beads aren’t for jewelry. They can be used for many scientific purposes, from conducting cancer research to calibrating microscopes.
  W:That sounds better. But why make such objects in space rather than on earth?
  M:Because earth’s gravitational pull affects the beads. The beads on earth are distorted, not exactly round. The ones made in space are precise spheres.
  Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
  23.What are the speakers mainly discussing?
  【解析】[B]从对话的开头就可以看出astronauts have made commercial products in space,主要讨论的就是在太空中生产的产品。
  24.According to the conversation, what is a likely use for the beads?
  【解析】[A]They can be used for many scientific purposes, from conducting cancer research to calibrating microscopes.从可作癌症研究的用途中能看出可作医学研究。
  25.According to the man, why did astronauts make beads in space?
  【解析】[D]因为地球引力作用使球不纯圆。The beads on earth are distorted, not exactly round.在太空中做的球会非常圆。
2010年6月大学英语四级考试全真预测(四) 节选自《大学英语四级考试全真预测卷》(赠mp3)

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-28 22:22:35 | 显示全部楼层
 阅读理解
  Passage Two
  Questions 62 to 66 are based on the following passage.
  When one looks back upon the fifteen hundred years that are the life span of the English language, he should be able to notice a number of significant truths. The history of our language has always been a history of constant change—at times a slow, almost imperceptible change, at other times a violent collision between two languages. Our language has always been a living growing organism, it has never been static. Another significant truth that emerges from such a study is that language at all times has been the possession not of one class or group but of many. At one extreme it has been the property of the common, ignorant folk, who have used it in the daily business of their living, much as they have used their animals or the kitchen pots and pans. At the other extreme it has been the treasure of those who have respected it as an instrument and a sign of civilization, and who have struggled by writing it down to give it some permanence, order, dignity, and if possible, a little beauty.
  As we consider our changing language, we should note here two developments that are of special and immediate importance to us. One is that since the time of the Anglo-Saxons there has been an almost complete reversal of the different devices for showing the relationship of words in a sentence. Anglo-Saxon (old English) was a language of many inflections. Modern English has few inflections. We must now depend largely on word order and function words to convey the meanings that the older language did by means of changes in the forms of words. Function words, you should understand, are words such as prepositions, conjunctions, and a few others that are used primarily to show relationships among other words. A few inflections, however, have survived. And when some word inflections come into conflict with word order, there may be trouble for the users of the language, as we shall see later when we turn our attention to such maters as WHO or WHOM and ME or I. The second fact we must consider is that as language itself changes, our attitudes toward language forms change also. The eighteenth century, for example, produced from various sources a tendency to fix the language into patterns not always set in and grew, until at the present time there is a strong tendency to restudy and re-evaluate language practices in terms of the ways in which people speak and write.
  62.In contrast to the earlier linguists, modern linguists tend to .
  [A]attempt to continue the standardization of the language
  [B]evaluate language practices in terms of current speech rather than standards or proper patterns
  [C]be more concerned about the improvement of the language than its analysis or history
  [D]be more aware of the rules of the language usage
  63.Choose the appropriate meaning for the word “inflection” used in Line 4 of Paragraph 2.
  [A]Changes in the forms of words.
  [B]Changes in sentence structures.
  [C]Changes in spelling rules.
  [D]Words that have similar meanings.
  64.Which of the following statements is not mentioned in the passage?
  [A]It is generally believed that the year 1500 can be set as the beginning of the modern English language.
  [B]Some other languages had great influence on the English language at some stages of its development.
  [C]The English language has been and still in a state of relatively constant change.
  [D]Many classes or groups have contributed to the development of the English language.
  65.The author of this passage is probably a(an) .
  [A]historian [B]philosopher
  [C]anthropologist [D]linguist
  66.Which of the following can be best used as the title of the passage?
  [A]The history of the English language.
  [B]Our changing attitude towards the English language.
  [C]Our changing language.
  [D]Some characteristics of modern English.
  【全文翻译】
  当回头来看1500年间英语的发展轨迹时,会发现有许多重要的真理。我们语言的历史是一个不断变化的历史——在一些时间里缓慢得几乎难以察觉,在另一些时间里则是两种语言的激烈碰撞。我们的语言是一个活生生的、日益增长的有机体,从来都不是静止不变的。这样的研究还揭示了另外一个重要的事实:语言从来不属于某个阶级或者群体,它属于大多数的人。一方面,语言属于普通大众。他们在日常生活中使用它,就像使用自己的动物或者厨房的锅碗瓢盆一样。另一方面,在把语言视为一种工具和文明标志的人看来,语言是宝藏。他们努力地将其写下来,使其变得永恒、有序、端庄、漂亮(如果可能的话)。
  当考虑语言的变化时,我们应该注意它的两种发展方向,这对我们有着特殊而直接的重要性。第一,自从撒盎格鲁——撒克逊时代以来,表达句中单词之间关系的方法几乎发生了彻底的转变。盎格鲁——撒克逊英语(古英语)是一种变形较多的语言,而现代英语则很少变形。现在,我们主要依靠词序和功能词语来表达意义,而古英语则是通过改变单词的形式来表达意义。你应该知道,功能词语是诸如介词、连词以及一些其他的词,其基本用法是表示与其他词语之间的关系。然而,有一些词形变化还是被保留了下来。当一些词形变化与词序发生冲突时,使用者可能会遇到麻烦。我们将会在后面集中精力注意这样的情况,诸如:WHO和WHOM,ME和I。我们必须考虑的第二个事实是,随着语言本身的变化,我们对于语言形式的态度也会变化。例如,由于多方面的原因,十八世纪产生了一种倾向:运用不太流行的固定语言模式来评价语言;但是,现在,根据人们说和写的方式来重新研究和评估语言实践成为了一种主流。
  【答案解析】
  62.【解析】[B]细节题。本文主要讲述英语演变过程的一些特点,指出了古英语与现代英语的不同,以及语言学家对待语言形式的态度的变化。根据题干回原文中定位,阅读文章时注意首末段及各段开头的句子,这往往都是考点所在。本题问的正是现代语言学家与早期语言学家不同的倾向。根据文章末尾The eighteenth century, for example, produced from various sources a tendency to fix the language into patterns not always set in and grew, until at the present time there is a strong tendency to restudy and re-evaluate language practices in terms of the ways in which people speak and write. 现代语言学家倾向于根据人们说和写的方式评价语言实践,而不是像早期的语言学家根据一定的模式评价语言。选项B符合文章的意思。
  63.【解析】[A]词汇题。要根据上下文的信息判断单词的意思。文章在第二段中间再次提到inflection时说,A few inflections, however, have survived. 后面文章又举了WHO/WHOM和ME/I为例说明inflection,这是一篇关于语言学的文章,从例子可以看出inflection的意思应该是“单词的变形”,选项A正确。
  64.【解析】[A]细节题。根据文章的内容,选项A“普遍认为1500年是现代英语的起点”在文章中没有提及,故为正确答案。文章第二句说The history of our language has always been a history of constant change—at times a slow, almost imperceptible change, at other times a violent collision between two languages. 我们语言的历史是一个不断变化的历史——在一些时间里缓慢得几乎难以察觉,在另一些时间里则是两种语言的激烈碰撞。由此可以推断一些其他的语言对英语的发展有重大影响,选项B符合文章的意思。
  65.【解析】[D]推断题。此题考查考生的推测能力。文章讲述的是英国语言演进的具体细节,最适当的答案应该是D。作者很可能是一位语言学家。A答案(历史学家)和C答案(人类学家)也有点迷惑性。B答案(哲学家)是最不符合的。
  66.【解析】[C]主旨题。本文从各个方面谈及英语作为一种语言的发展变化,但并不是讲述英语的历史。所以选项A不对,选项C作为文章的题目最为贴切。选项B只是文章阐述的一个方面,不够全面。文章是在谈到英语的不断变化的时候谈到了现代英语的一些特点,所以选项D也失之于片面。
  翻译
  Part ⅥTranslation(5 minutes)
  Direction: Complete the sentences on Answer Sheet 2 by translating into English the Chinese given in brackets.
  87.The author of the report (对医院的问题非常了解)because he has been working there for many years.
  88.The population of elderly people is increasing rapidly because people are living longer than before. (发达国家尤为如此).
  89.On hearing the news, I (忍不住笑起来)and spread it among the class.
  90.By the time you get to New York, I (已经动身去) London.
  91.The sports meet originally due to be held last Friday (最终因天气不好而取消了).
  答案
  87. is well acquainted with the problems in the hospital
  88. This is especially true of developed countries
  89. could not help laughing
  90. shall have left for
  91. was finally called off/cancelled because of the bad weather
2010年6月大学英语四级考试全真预测(五) 节选自《大学英语四级考试全真预测卷》(赠mp3)

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:13 , Processed in 0.074875 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.