英语学习论坛

 找回密码
 立即注册
查看: 72|回复: 0

轻松美语会话第1辑:此网非彼网

[复制链接]

36万

主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
1094809
发表于 2016-7-13 22:58:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Mark decides to give Maggie some insight into the developments of the internet,intranet and e-mail in his own country and culture.
          马克决定告诉玛姬关于互联网、内部网和电子邮件在他的国家、文化中发展的根本情况。
          Mark: I can't remember if I told or not,but I'm from France.
          马克:我不记得我是否告诉过你,我来自法国。
          Maggie: Really? You hardly have an accent.
          玛姬:真的?你几乎没带什么口音。
          Mark: Anyway ,I'd like to explain a little about the historcial development of e-mail in Europe.
          马克:不论如何,我想解释一点关于电子邮件在欧洲特别是在法国的发展历史。
          actually in France ,Now you see we in France do have our own system to support electronic correspondence .It's called an intranet.
          现在你可以看到在法国我们有自己的系统来支持电子通信业务。人们称之为内部网。
          Maggie: Isn't that what used in Net-works within companies and stuff.
          玛姬:是不是在公司和职员之间的计算机网络上操作使用的。
          Mark: Something like that .Well ,France came up with this computer network the intranet-before the introduction of the internet.
          马克:有点像,嗯,法国在互联网介绍进来之前就有了这种电脑网站——内部网。
          Maggie: Intranet.I think I've heard of that ...
          玛姬:内部网。我想我曾听说过……
          Mark: It was very popular and a very exciting technological advance.
          马克:这是一个非常受人欢迎,非常令人激动的技术性突破。
          Maggie:Wait,Isn't that what companies use to keep their employees connected.
          玛姬:等等,是不是公司用来保持与他们雇员联系的?
          Mark: Yeah,That's one kind of intranet.
          马克:是的,这只是其中一种。
          Maggie: But on the intranet you can only send messages to people who share your same network.It's like a big club.
          玛姬:但是在这种网上,你只能发送信息给和你联网的人,就像一个大俱乐部。
          Mark: Exactly and that was the problem with the intranet in France...But I'm getting ahead of myself.
          马克:确切地说在法国这种网有一个大问题是……我现在找不着头绪了。
          Maggie: Sorry,I didn't mean to interrupt you.
          玛姬:对不起,我并不想打断你。
          Mark: Like I was saying it was very popular and very advanced but it was limited in its range.
          马克:正如我所说,它非常受人欢迎而且很先进,但在区域范围上有局限。
          Maggie: That's when the internet came along.
          玛姬:这是在互联网出现以后……
          Mark: Right ,It was introduced in France some time after the intranet had been adopted by quite a few people .
          马克:是的,在内部网已经被相当一部分人接受以后的一段时间,才被介绍到法国来的。
          However it was slightly more appealing because it was not limited in range to France.
          可是它还是有一定的吸引力,因为对于法国来说,它在范围上是不受限制的。
          Maggie: Did the internet really pose much of a threat to the intranet?
          玛姬:互联网真的对内部网已够成相当威胁了吗?
          Mark: Yes and no.It wasn't too successful because people were already used to the intranet and it was not too convenient to get everyone to swith.
          马克:可以说是也可以说不是。这并不是很成功,因为人们已经习惯内部网了,而且任何人都可以互通信息也并不很方便。
          However ,it's competitive advantage came from the fact that it's scope was much larger and this larger and this was a huge advantage in eyes of a younger generation.
          但是,它有一个竞争优势就在于它的范围要大得多,在年轻一代人的眼中,这是一个巨大的优势。
          Maggie: Fascinating ,So that's why the internet is not so widely used in France.
          玛姬:这太有趣了,这就是为什么互联网在法国不是很普及的原因。
          Mark: In part....and in my opinion ,it's going to take some time to make the shift.
          马克:部分原因是这样,我看还要再过一段时间才会有所变化。
          Hey look there's the Post Office.
          瞧,邮局在那。
          Maggie: Thanks,It's really decent of you.
          玛姬:谢谢,你真是太好了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2025-12-5 01:57 , Processed in 0.060070 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表