英语学习论坛

 找回密码
 立即注册
查看: 77|回复: 0

英语流行口语:10.Argument and Discussion 争论与讨论

[复制链接]

36万

主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
1094809
发表于 2016-7-13 22:48:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
10 Argument and discussion
       
        争论与讨论
       
       
       
        You carry it out too far .
       
        你做的太过分了。(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:I just taught him a lesson.Nothing more.
       
        我只是给了他一个教训,没别的。
       
       
       
        B:I think you've carried it out too far.You're to blame. A:My fault?
       
        我认为你做的太过分了.该怪你.怎么是我的错?
       
       
       
        You haven't leg to stand on.
       
         你的话没有根据。(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:The whole play is a flop.
       
        整个剧是个失败。
       
       
       
        B:For your conclusion,you don't have a leg to stand on.
       
        你的结论没有任何根据。
       
       
       
        A:Why do you say that. B:At least Rose deserves our praise.
       
        为什么这么说?至少罗斯值得表扬。
       
       
       
        I slipped up there.
       
        这点让我疏忽了。(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:I'm sorry.I slipped up there.
       
        对不起,这一点让我疏忽了。
       
       
       
        B:It doesn't matter.We're only discussing.No one can be so sure.
       
        没关系,我们只是在讨论。没有人有百分百的把握。
       
       
       
        A:Maybe we can look at it from another angle.
       
        也许我们可以从另一个角度来探讨。
       
       
       
        That's beside the point.
       
        你的话离题太远了。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:I think that's nonsense.That's beside the point.
       
        我认为那是克服缺点,你离题太远了。
       
       
       
        B:How dare you say that?I worked it out after much calculation.
       
        你怎么敢这么说话?我是经过慎重考虑才提出这个观点的。
       
       
       
        C:Let's calm down and try to find a good way.
       
        大家都冷静一下,没法想个更好的解决办法。
       
       
       
        I take you up on that.
       
        我接受你的建议。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:I think we should begin our tour with the Great Bell Temple.
       
        我认为我们应该首先参观大钟寺。
       
       
       
        We can save a lot of time.
       
        这样可以省不少时间。
       
       
       
        B:And the temple is very famous in China.I'll take you up on that.
       
        而且这个寺院是中国非常有名的。我接受你的建议。
       
       
       
        A:Well,Let's gather at 8 right there,OK?
       
        那么我们就八点在那里集合,好吗?
       
       
       
        Let's sit down and talk things over.
       
        咱们坐下来讨论一下吧。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Don't argue aimlessly.Let's sit down and talk things over.
       
        别漫无边际地争论了。我们坐下来讨论一下吧。
       
       
       
        B:I think a loan is a must to solve the problem.
       
        我认为要想解决这个问题必须贷款。
       
       
       
        A:But I think we can raise money by ourselves.
       
        但是我认为我们可以自己筹款。
       
       
       
        I think I'm at odds with you over...
       
        我想在......方面我们有分歧。(通用。)
       
       
       
        A:I think I'm at odds with you over the supplying plan.
       
        我想在供应计划问题上我们有分歧。
       
       
       
        B:But it's been already approved by the boss.
       
        可老板已经批准了。
       
       
       
        A:Then I'll have to talk to him right away.
       
        那么我得马上和他谈谈。
       
       
       
        I don't think you stand very much of a chance.
       
        我认为你的机会不大。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:I'm going to run for monitor of the class this term.
       
        这学期我想竞选班长。
       
       
       
        B:But I don't think you stand very much of a chance. A:I'll try my best.
       
        但我认为你成功的希望不大。我将竭尽全力。
       
       
       
        I can't take your point completely.
       
        我不能完全接受你的观点。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Pop music is really a bore.
       
        通俗音乐没意思。
       
       
       
        B:I can't take your point completely.Most of the young people enjoy it.
       
        我不能完全接受你的观点。大多数青年人都喜欢。
       
       
       
        A:Simply because they're too young.
       
        这只是因为他们太年轻了。
       
       
       
        We must weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision.
       
        我们一定要平衡得失再做决定。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:We can follow their suits.That's all.
       
        他们怎么做我们就怎么做。
       
       
       
        B:Wait a minute.Look before you leap.
       
        等等。三思产而后行。
       
       
       
        We must weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision.
       
        我们一定要平衡得失再做决定。
       
       
       
        C: I agree with you.It must be discussed carefully.
       
        我同意你的意见,我们必须认真讨论讨论。
       
       
       
        Let's put our heads together and see if we can do something about it.
       
        我们大家都动动脑筋想想办法。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:It's really a hard nut for us to crack.
       
        这对我们来说是个难题。
       
       
       
        B:Yeah.Let's put our heads together and see if we can do something about it .
       
        是啊,我们大家都动动脑筋想想办法。
       
       
       
        A:I suggest we ask the engineer for help first.
       
        我建议首先找工程师来帮一下忙。
       
       
       
        I beg to differ with you on this matter.
       
        请允许我在这件事上有不同意见。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:It's very important for us to clarify the ownership.
       
        我们把永恒的所有权弄清楚很重要。
       
       
       
        B:I beg to differ with you on this matter.
       
        请允许我在这件事上有不同意见。
       
       
       
        There won't be any problem with the ownership,I think.
       
        我认为所有权不会有任何问题。
       
       
       
        It's the price that bothers us.
       
        使我们头痛的是价格。
       
       
       
        I'm afraid I have a different opinion.
       
        恐怕我不同意的看法。
       
       
       
        A:I think reading extensively is the key to mastery of English.
       
        我认为广泛阅读是学习英语最好的办法。
       
       
       
        B:I'm afraid I have a defferent Opinion.
       
        恐怕我不同意你的看法,
       
       
       
        Recitation to me is the best way. A:Why?
       
        背诵在我看来是最好的办法.为什么?
       
       
       
        B:When you have the language in your mind,it won't be diffcult for you to read ,write or translate.
       
        如果你能在头脑中记住这种语言,读、写、译就不会困难了.
       
       
       
        A:It's easier said than done.
       
        说起来容易做起来难啊!
       
       
       
        I think the point is made clear without debate.
       
        我认为这一点是不言自明的(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:Shakespeare is the greatest master of language.
       
        莎士比亚是最伟大的语言大量。
       
       
       
        I think this point is made clear without debate.
       
        我认为这一点是不言自明的。
       
       
       
        B:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.
       
        这一点上我恐怕不能同意你的意见、
       
       
       
        Recent research has found that he just happened to become famous.
       
        最近的研究表明他是偶然出名的。
       
       
       
        A:What do you mean by "happened to be famous"?
       
        你的“偶然出名”是什么意思?
       
       
       
        B:Not all of his works were better than those of his contemporaries.
       
        并不是他所有的作品都比同时代的作家好。
       
       
       
        They just happened to be read more by people.
       
        只不过是碰巧很多人读到了他的东西而已。
       
       
       
        I'm afraid I can't accept your argument.
       
        我恐怕不能接受你的论点。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:I think we can solve those difficult ones first.
       
        我认为我们可以先解决那些难的。
       
       
       
        B:I'm afraid I can't accept your argument.We should do it step by step.
       
        我恐怕不能接受你的论点.我们应该循序渐进.
       
       
       
        A:But there are too easy for us.
       
        可这些对我们来说太容易了。
       
       
       
        B:Sometimes it's just the easy ones that confuse us.
       
        有时就是那些简单的东西难住我们。
       
       
       
        I'm not convinced by your explanation.
       
        你的解释不能使我信服。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:I'm not convinced by your explanation.B:Which part?
       
        你的解释不能使我信服。哪部分?
       
       
       
        A:The whole of it .
       
        都不明白。
       
       
       
        Could you explain it from the beginnning to the end once again.
       
        能否再从头到尾解释一遍?
       
       
       
        It would seem that you're right.
       
        看来你是对的。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:It would seem that you're right.
       
        看来你是对的。
       
       
       
        But one more thing,can you prove it with facts.
       
        但还有一点,你能用事实证明一下吗?
       
       
       
        B:Facts are not available yet.
       
        现在还没有事实,
       
       
       
        But I think we'll find them soon.A:I hope so.
       
        但我想很快就会有的。但愿如此。
       
       
       
        We are disputing about...
       
        我们正在争论......。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:What're you talking about?
       
        你们讨论什么呢?
       
       
       
        B:We're disputing about the meaning of the word.
       
        我们在争论这个词的词义。
       
       
       
        A:Let me see.Oh,its polysemous word.
       
        我来看看,哦,这是个多义词。
       
       
       
        We must read between lines and determine its meaning according to the contexts.
       
        我们应该看上下文在语境中确定词义。
       
       
       
        I should say that your...is wrong.
       
        我应该说你的...是错误的。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:We can just leave it to the rest to solve.
       
        我们可以把它留给他人去解决。
       
       
       
        B:I should say that your decision is wrong.
       
        我应该说你的决定是错误的。
       
       
       
        We must see it through ourselves.
       
        我们应该自己把事做到底。
       
       
       
        A:But do you think we can finish in time?
       
        可你认为我们能及时完成的?
       
       
       
        B:Yes,if every one of us tries our utmost.
       
        能,只要我们都尽最大努力。
       
       
       
        I take issue with you on that.
       
        我和你在这一点上有分歧。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:The distribution plan is up to the boss himself to decide,I think.
       
        销售方案应该由老板来定。
       
       
       
        B:I take issue with you on that.
       
        我极不同意你的意见。
       
       
       
        The company belongs to everyone.All of us have a say.
       
        公司属于大家,我们都有发言权。
       
       
       
        A:Yeah,but...
       
        是啊,可是......
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2025-12-6 06:25 , Processed in 0.047684 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表