主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-13 21:37:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

120706154151_todays_phrase_to_rub_shoulders_with_getty_picture_624x351_getty.jpg

120706154151_todays_phrase_to_rub_shoulders_with_getty_picture_624x351_getty.jpg

The prince and the frog. Prince Charles shows his support for a WWF scheme to encourage a new generation to embrace conservation by posing with an Ecuadorian stream tree frog, an endangered species discovered in the rain forest. Photo: Arthur Edwards.

To rub shoulders with … 同名流接触 …

英语短语 to rub shoulders with (somebody) 意思是同名流相遇,接触。

今日小常识

A frog species that appears to be the world's smallest has been discovered in Papua New Guinea by a US-based team. At 7mm (0.27 inches) long, Paedophryne amauensis may be the world's smallest vertebrate - the group that includes mammals, fish, birds and amphibians.

美国的一个考察队在巴布亚新几内亚发现了一只好像是世界上最小的青蛙物种。7毫米(0.27英寸) 长的阿马乌童蛙可能是世界上最小的脊椎动物— 脊椎动物包括哺乳动物,鱼,鸟和两栖类动物。

例句

Mary was lucky get a job in a movie studio canteen. Now she might even rub shoulders with famous actors.

At the book launch I ended up rubbing shoulders with the great and the good of the literary world.

请注意

另一个短语 looking over his or her shoulder 意思是小心提防的。

Yesterday I took a wrong turn and ended up in the most derelict part of town. I was looking over my shoulder all the time till I found a taxi to take me home.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 04:01 , Processed in 0.079642 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.