109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 21:18:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Unit 3
  Page46
  A: I’m going out to do a few errands.
  B: Oh. You know what? Maybe you should stop at the bank and get some cash.
  A: Okay. How much should I get?
  B: Well, let’s see. We have to buy groceries for the weekend,(1.get more diapers /2.give the kids their allowance /3.pick up some stationery supplies /4.buy a wedding present for your sister /5.pay the gardener.) and we’re planning to see a movie tomorrow night. (1.drive to Oakwood to see your parents /2.go bowling tonight /3.take the staff out to lunch /4.take the children for haircuts /5.fly to Honolulu for the weekend.) You should probably get about 80 dollars. (1. 65 dollars /2. 25 dollars /3. 95 dollars /4. 70 dollars /5. 1500 dollars.)
  A: 80 dollars? (1.65 dollars /2. 25 dollars /3. 95 dollars /4. 70 dollars /5. 1500 dollars.) Do you thinks that’ll be enough?
  B: I think so.
  Page48
  A: Did you remember to (Did you happen to remember to) pay the gas (electric/telephone/water/heating/master card) bill?
  B: The gas (electric/telephone/water/heating/master card) bill? No, I haven’t paid that yet. It isn’t due for a while.
  A: Are you sure (positive/certain)?
  B: yes. I’m sure (positive/certain). Look! Here’s the bill. It says:“Due on January 15th  (Due by Sept. 7th /Payable by Mar. 10th /Payable due Aug. 31st /Due on or before Feb. 20th /Please remit payment by Oct. 17th).”
  A:Oh, Okay. I just thought I’d remind you.
  B: Thanks.
  Page50
  A: I’m having trouble balancing the checkbook.
  B: Oh. I forgot to tell you. I wrote a check to “Discount Shoes” for Jeffrey’s sneakers. (1 Auto World for new tires/2 The Heart Association for our annual donation/ 3 Perkins Pest Control for spraying the basement/ 4 The Tramline Health Club for our membership fee/5Suburban Orthodontists for Maria’s braces.)
  A: Oh .I see.
  B: Sorry. I completely forgot.
  A: That’s okay. Do you remember how much it was for?
  B: Hmm. Let me think for a minute. As far as I remember, it was for thirty-six dollars. (1 One hundred ten dollars/ 2 Twenty-five dollars / 3 Thirty-eight dollars/ 4 Two hundred fifty dollars/ 5 Six thousand hundred dollars.)
  A: Okay. Thanks。
  Page52
  A: Northwest Electric (1Pacific Gas/2Bell Atlantic/3County Water Department/4Southern  Bell Telephone/5Metropolitan Cable TV.), May I help you?
  B. Yes. I believe (I think) there's mistake on my electric bill.
  A. What seems to be the problem?
  B.I think I’ve been over charged.(mistakenly charged for a service call/2charged for a call I don’t make/3mistakenly charged a penalty fee for an overdue payment4charged for a telegram I didn’t send/5charged for a channel we don’t subscribe to)
  A.I see. Could you tell (1.can you tell me 2.would you tell me) me what your name is?
  B. Gloria Lockwood.
  A. And your account number?
  B.692-07-9943.
  A. All right. Please hold while I check your account records.
  B .Thank you.
  Page54
  A: I’d like some information about opening a checking account.
  B: A checking account? Certainly. What would you like to know?
  A: Could you tell me if there’s a monthly service charge?(1What is the interest rate/2Do you require a minimum balance/3How many withdrawals can I make each month/4Am I allowed to withdraw money before fifty-five/5Would I have to make a deposit every week?)
  B: No, there isn’t.(It’s five and a quarter percent/2.Yes. You must have at least $500 in the account all the times/3.You’re allowed three withdrawals/4.Yes, but you’ll have to pay a penalty charge/5.No.You can add to the account whenever you’d like.)
  A: I see.
  B: Would you like to open a checking account with us?
  A: Yes, I would.
  B: All right. I’ll get a form for you to fill out.
  Page56
  A .May I help you?
  B: Yes, please. I’d like to apply for an auto loan.
  A: I see. May I ask whether you have an account with me? (1What amount would you be applying for? 2Is this a personal loan or a business loan? 3Are you a regular customer of the bank? 4 What do you intend to use the loan for? 5How do you plan to use the money?)
  B: Yes. I have a savings account and a checking account. (1Ten thousand dollars.2A personal loan. 3Yes.I’ve been a customer for the past five years. 4We intend to replace the heating system in our house. 5We’d like to take a trip around the world.)
  A: All right. I’ll give you an application form. You can fill it out here, or take it home if you like.
  Page58
  A: Don’t you like this rug (videocassette recorder/camera/grandfather clock/portable color TV/yacht)?
  B: Yes. It’s very nice, but I don’t think we can afford it.
  A: No?
  B: No. I don’t think so. Remember….our bank account is pretty low right now, and we still haven’t paid last month’s telephone bill (.make this month’s car payment/pay this month’s gas bill/write a check for this month’s rent/get birthday presents for the grandchildren send in our country club dues)
  A: Hmm. You’re right.
  B: And besides, we don’t really need a new rug right now, do we?
  A: I suppose not.
  Page60
  Credit cards are common these days. Consumers consider credit cards to be very useful and convenient. They can use theirs cards in many shops and restaurants. They don’t need to carry large amounts of cash in their wallets or purses. And if they find themselves unexpectedly in need of money; they can use their credit cards to pay for goods and services or even to get cash advances from certain banks.
  Consumers can apply for different types of credit cards. One major credit card company sends a monthly statement to the customer and requires that the total amount be paid immediately. Other major companies send a monthly statement, but only require payment of a portion of the total bill right away. Customers ca pay a minimum amount shown on the bill or any larger amount they wish to pay. Many people use their credit cards this way so that they can afford to buy items they will pay for over a period of time. This can be expensive, however, because the credit card companies charge interest on the customers’ unpaid balances.
  Credit cards can also be very convenient for shopping by mail or telephone. Many catalogs include a place to fill in a credit card number on their order forms. By writing down the card number and signing on the appropriate line a person can charge the purchase to his or her credit
  Would You Be Interested in Applying for a P.J.Nickel’s Charge Card
  A.    Excuse me. Would you be interested in applying for a P.J.Nickel’s charge card? We’re offering a complimentary bottle of perfume today to everyone who applies.
  B.    Hmm. I suppose so.
  A.    All right. If you don’t mind, I’d just like to get some information from you.
  B.    Okay.
  A.    What’s your name?
  B.    George Parker.
  A.    And the address?
  B.    1472 Central Avenue in Lakewood.
  A.    The zip code?
  B.    09142.
  A.    And may I ask where you work?
  B.    Yes. I work at Precision Electronics.
  A.    Could you tell me what the telephone number is there?
  B.    423-6333.
  A.    Do you have any major credit cards?
  B.    Yes. I have a MasterCard.
  A.    Would you happen to know your account number?
  B.    Hmm.Wait a minute. I think I have the card with me. Here it is. The number is 6157 9231 4820 2297.
  A.    And finally, would you tell me the name of your bank?
  B.    Yes. It’s Lakewood Saving and Loan.
  A.    All right, Mr. Parker. Our credit department will review your application, and if it’s approved, you should receive your P.J.Nickel’s charge card within six weeks.
  B.    Okay.
  A.    And, Mr. Parker, please accept this bottle of perfume, compliments of P.J.Nickel’s.
  B.    Thank you.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 14:31 , Processed in 0.065138 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.