主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-7-12 11:59:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  11. W: Did you use credit cards on your vacation last month in Europe?
          M: Sure did. They certainly beat going around with a wallet full of big bills. But carrying lots of cash is still very common among some older people travelling abroad.
          Q: What does the man say about some elderly people?
          12. W: Rod must be in a bad mood today. What’s wrong with him?
          M: He was passed over in the selection process for the dean of the Administration’s Office. He’d been hoping for the position for a long time.
          Q: What does the man mean?
          13. M: What a great singer Justin is! His concert is just awesome and you’ll never regret the money you paid for the ticket.
          W: Yeah, judging by the amount of applause, everyone was enjoying it.
          Q: What does the woman mean?
          14. W: I received an email yesterday from Henry. Do you remember he was one of the chairpersons of our Students’ Union?
          M: Yes, but I haven’t heard from him for ages. Actually, I have been out of touch with him since our first reunion after graduation.
          Q: What do we learn about the speakers?
          15. M: Driving at night always makes me tired. Let’s stop the dinner.
          W: Fine, and let’s find a motel so that we can get an early start tomorrow.
          Q: What will the speakers probably do?
          16. W: Let’s look at the survey on consumer confidence we conducted last week. How reliable are these figures?
          M: They have a 5% margin of error.
          Q: What are the speakers talking about?
          17. W: Look at this catalogue John. I think I want to get this red blouse.
          M: Eh, I think you already have one like this in blue. Do you need every color in the rainbow?
          18. W: This notice says that all the introductory marketing classes are closed.
          M: That can’t be true. There are supposed to be 13 of them this semester.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 22:34 , Processed in 0.056681 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.