英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-14 23:54:37

一不做二不休

  1. It’s just chickenfeed for him.
          对他来说,那点钱只是九牛一毛。
          2. Your house would be repossessed.
          你的房子会被收回的。
          3. You might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
          一不做,二不休。
          ►as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb 一不做二不休
          偷羊偷羊羔一样都是贼,都要被绞死。横竖是死,那就一不做二不休。
          4. He’s world-weary and cynical.
          他愤世嫉俗。
          ►world-weary 厌世的,厌弃人生的
          e.g. A world-weary person no longer feels excited or enthusiastic about anything. 厌世的人对任何事情都不再感兴趣。
          5. Our teacher is a real disciplinarian.
          我们的老师很严厉。
          6. They work hand and glove.
          他们狼狈为奸。
          ►hand and glove (跟…)亲密无间;(跟…)互相勾结,亦作hand in glove。不仅可以用于狼狈为奸这种反面场合,也可以用于好的场合。
          e.g. We are hand and/in glove with each other. 我们俩人情投意合。
          7. It happened more by contrivance than by chance.
          这事有人设计。
          8. Temper your criticism.
          批评不要太尖锐。
          9. We have to scale back.
          我们得缩小规模。
          ►scale back 按比例缩减,相应缩减
          10. You’ve got goose bumps.
          你都起鸡皮疙瘩了。
          ►goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩
          goose指鹅,goose bumps翻译成中文却是鸡皮疙瘩
        (兼职编辑:杨帆)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 一不做二不休