9813380.html (64.33 KB, 下载次数: 114)

9813383.html (58.15 KB, 下载次数: 120)

9813402.html (55.51 KB, 下载次数: 127)

newQuestion.php (41.01 KB, 下载次数: 105)

newQuestion.php (41.01 KB, 下载次数: 110)

newQuestion.php (41.01 KB, 下载次数: 112)

newQuestion.php (41.01 KB, 下载次数: 120)

newQuestion.php (41.01 KB, 下载次数: 126)

本次四六级考试践行了近年来四六级最大力度的改革,除写作版块在今年八月份出台的考试大纲中没有体现变化外,其余版块在题型设置到分值比重方面均有调整。主流题型阅读版块中最大的变化表现为过去的快速阅读转变为长篇阅读,快速阅读的多项选择+填空题变为了长篇阅读的信息匹配题。
  官方对长篇阅读的释义为"文章长度和难度与快速阅读保持一致",对信息匹配题的释义则为"篇章后附有10个句子,每句一题。每句所含的信息出自篇章的某一段落,要求考生找出与每句所含信息相匹配的段落。有的段落可能对应两题,有的段落可能不对应任何一题"。
  之前官方四级样题给出的是Universities Branch Out来自于2007年12月四级真题的快速阅读原文,样题文章共九段。以今年真题之一的Why are we spent so much money on college为例,则是篇有着十三段的文章。可见长篇阅读文章的段落数并不确定。由于文章的篇幅保持稳定,所以文章的段落数并不与信息匹配过程的难度必然相关。
  接下来,本文试以四级真题之一的Why are we spent so much money on college为例,探讨该题型的解题方法及规律。
  46. Caplan suggests that kids who don't love school go to work.
  K. What might be a lot cheaper is putting more kids to work: not necessarily as burger flippers but as part of an educational effort. Caplan notes that work also builds valuable skills-probably more valuable for kids who don't naturally love sitting in a classroom. Heckman agrees wholeheartedly: "People are different, and those abilities can be shaped. That's what we've learned, and public policy should recognize that."
  47. An increasing number of families spend more money on houses in a good school district.
  C. For my entire adult life, an education has been the most important thing for middle-class households. My parents spent more educating my sister and me than they spent on their house, and they're not the only ones ... and, of course, for an increasing number of families, most of the cost of their house is actually the cost of living in a good school district. Questioning the value of a college education seems a bit like questioning the value of happiness, or fun.
  48. Subsidized loans to college students are a huge waste of money, according to one economist.
  E. Perhaps a bit. Richard Vedder, an Ohio University economics professor who heads the Center for College Affordability and Productivity, notes that while we may have replaced millions of filing clerks and payroll assistants with computers, it still takes one professor to teach a class. But he also notes that "we've been slow to adopt new technology because we don't want to. We like getting up in front of 25 people. It's more fun, but it's also damnably expensive." Vedder adds, "I look at the data, and I see college costs rising faster than inflation up to the mid-1980s by 1 percent a year. Now I see them rising 3 to 4 percent a year over inflation. What has happened? The federal government has started dropping money out of airplanes." Aid has increased, subsidized loans have become available, and "the universities have gotten the money." Economist Bryan Caplan, who is writing a book about education, agrees: "It's a giant waste of resources that will continue as long as the subsidies continue."
  49. More and more kids find they fare worse with a college diploma.
  B. The answer, I fear, is that it's not. For an increasing number of kids, the extra time and money spent pursuing a college diploma will leave them worse off than they were before they set foot on campus.
  50. For those who are not prepared for higher education, going to college is not worth it.
  H. James Heckman, the Nobel Prize-winning economist, has examined how the returns on education break down for individuals with different backgrounds and levels of ability. "Even with these high prices, you're still finding a high return for individuals who are bright and motivated," he says. On the other hand, "if you're not college ready, then the answer is no, it's not worth it." Experts tend to agree that for the average student, college is still worth it today, but they also agree that the rapid increase in price is eating up more and more of the potential return. For borderline students, tuition hikes can push those returns into negative territory.
  51. Over the years the cost of a college education his not worth itas increased almost by 100%.
  D. The average price of all goods and services has risen about 50 percent. But the price of a college education has nearly doubled in that time. Is the education that today's students are getting twice as good? Are new workers twice as smart? Have they become somehow massively more expensive to educate?
  52. A law passed recently allows many students to pay no more than one tenth of their income for their college loans.
  J. We have started to see some change on the finance side. A law passed in 2007 allows many students to cap their loan payment at 10 percent of their income and forgives any balance after 25 years. But of course, that doesn't control the cost of education; it just shifts it to taxpayers. It also encourages graduates to choose lower-paying careers, which diminishes the financial return to education still further. "You're subsidizing people to become priests and poets and so forth," says Heckman. "You may think that's a good thing, or you may not." Either way it will be expensive for the government.
  53. Middle-class Americans have highly valued a good education.
  C. For my entire adult life, an education has been the most important thing for middle-class households. My parents spent more educating my sister and me than they spent on their house, and they're not the only ones ... and, of course, for an increasing number of families, most of the cost of their house is actually the cost of living in a good school district. Questioning the value of a college education seems a bit like questioning the value of happiness, or fun.
  54. More kids should be encouraged to participate in programs where they can learn not only job skills but also social skills.
  L. Heckman would like to see more apprenticeship-style programs, where kids can learn in the workplace-learn not just specific job skills, but the kind of "soft skills," like getting to work on time and getting along with a team, that are crucial for career success. "It's about having mentors and having workplace-based education," he says. "Time and again I've seen examples of this kind of program working."
  55. Over fifty percent of recent college graduates remain unemployed or unable to find a suitable job.
  F. Promotional literature for colleges and student loans often speaks of debt as an "investment in yourself." But an investment is supposed to generate income to pay off the loans. More than half of all recent graduates are unemployed or in jobs that do not require a degree, and the amount of student-loan debt carried by households has more than quintupled since 1999. These graduates were told that a diploma was all they needed to succeed, but it won't even get them out of the spare bedroom at Mom and Dad's. For many, the most tangible result of their four years is the loan payments, which now average hundreds of dollars a month on loan balances in the tens of thousands.
  以上,我们均以红笔反显的方式反映出了匹配关系,接下来,再来探讨该题的解题方法。
  信息匹配,若能快速找到定位词,定能实现分数与时间的高性价比。从某种程度来讲,该题型就是与时间博弈的过程。所以,我们先探讨定位词。
  通过对历年快速阅读选择题题干的分析,我们对关键词做个排序:
  1.        专有名词,数词,连字符词。
  如46. Caplan suggests that kids who don't love school go to work,51. Over the years the cost of a college education has increased almost by 100%,52. A law passed recently allows many students to pay no more than one tenth of their income for their college loans,53. Middle-class Americans have highly valued a good education,55. Over fifty percent of recent college graduates remain unemployed or unable to find a suitable job.
  2.        动宾结构。
  如47. An increasing number of families spend more money on houses in a good school district,49. More and more kids find they fare worse with a college diploma,54. More kids should be encouraged to participate in programs where they can learn not only job skills but also social skills.
  3.        核心名词或新增信息。
  如48. Subsidized loans to college students are a huge waste of money, according to one economist.
  有了以上关键词的排序,在实际定位过程中可以极大节省时间并排除干扰。
  再来看本题的设题规律。
  1)        关键词非首次出现原则。此题型需利用关键词定位,但定位的位置不一定是关键词第一次出现的位置。需定位后结合原文与题干的内容进行比对。若不符,则继续向下寻找。
  如46题题干关键词Caplon最早在E段出现,但在内容的实际匹配过程中却是对应的K段。
  2)        非顺序原则。
  3)        匹配原则。十个句子与原文定位处需有明确的匹配关系:同义改写,正话反说,反话正说等。
  如52题的one tenth改写了原文的ten percent,55题的fifty percent改写原文的half of all等。
  综上可知,长篇阅读从整体难度而言实则低于过去的快速阅读,少了干扰项,单纯的定位只是体现与时间的博弈和对英语文章的语感。有鉴于此,建议各位同学在未来的英语学习中加大课外英文阅读的力度,阅读材料以考试同源报刊如The Economist,Newsweek等为主,提升语感,从而真正提高英语能力。

426_131204141017U9QHUjXhI3ramJ3T.jpg

426_131204141017U9QHUjXhI3ramJ3T.jpg

426_131204145430CaGDEBJ1ZLto8HKx.jpg

426_131204145430CaGDEBJ1ZLto8HKx.jpg

124_131213111659rksyckdhinqSTtGd.jpg

124_131213111659rksyckdhinqSTtGd.jpg

426_131204145430OUWYXZdNmITF0Gdy.jpg

426_131204145430OUWYXZdNmITF0Gdy.jpg

426_1312041408343Oezb7lOAoMAdKx0.jpg

426_1312041408343Oezb7lOAoMAdKx0.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 17:01 , Processed in 0.087384 second(s), 9 queries , WinCache On.