|
发表于 2016-7-10 00:15:00
|
显示全部楼层
You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in
public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname,
或许只因为你得整天顶着一个其丑无比的发型。
or just have a plain old bad-hair day.
也许工作让你痛苦得如坐针毡。
Maybe work is a pain in the butt.
你在强大的压力下顶替他人的位置,
You’re under major pressure to fill someone else’s shoes,
你的老板对你百般挑剔,
your boss is picking on you,
办公室里的每一个人都让你发疯。
and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.
你可能会头疼欲裂,
You might have a splitting headache,
或重心不稳跌个正着,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口干舌燥,
or a slipped dish, bad breath, a toothache, chronic gas, dry lips,
或是指甲长到肉里头了。
or a nasty ingrown toenail.
不管什么原因,你确定上面有人不喜欢你。
Whatever the reason, you’re convinced that someone up there doesn’t like
you.
唉,该怎么办,到底该怎么办呢?
Oh what to do, what to dooo?
嗯,你可能跟大部分人一样,
Well, if you’re like most people,
随便找个东西躲起来,以为事情会自行解决。
you’ll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself
out.
结果你得花掉下半辈子的时间回头看,
Then you’ll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder,
等着一次有一次重蹈覆辙。
waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.
最后你会变成一个易怒的、愤世嫉俗的,或者是 一个可怜兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。
All the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling
victim.
最终你绝望地躺在地上,祈求地球将你吞没,或是沉迷在比利.乔的蓝调音乐中不能自拔。
Until you get so depressed that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow
you up or, even worse, become addicted to Billy Joel songs.
这的确很蠢,
This is crazy,
因为你只能年轻一次,而且绝对不可能老两次。
because you’re only young once and you’re never old twice. |
|