英语学习论坛

 找回密码
 立即注册
查看: 128|回复: 0

20个为你加分的常见习语

[复制链接]

36万

主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
1094809
发表于 2016-11-10 18:49:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

5a7dea9abd39aaeeb1425e5242e530d649.jpg

5a7dea9abd39aaeeb1425e5242e530d649.jpg

        1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。
        You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!
        你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!
        2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。
        Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.
        如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!
        3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。
        I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.
        不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。
        4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。
        Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!
        我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!
        5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。
        In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.
        在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。
        6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。
        It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.
        显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。
        7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。
        I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!
        我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!
        8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。
        Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.
        杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。
        9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。
        Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.
        振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。
        10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。
        She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.
        她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。
        11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。
        Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.
        今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。
        12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。
        That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.
        那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。
        13. Step up your game:  迎头赶上。
        Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!
        听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!
        14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。
        Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.
        莎伦经常干涉别人的事。
        15.Straight from the horse’s mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。
        Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!
        据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!
        16.Take it easy: 放松。
        I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.
        我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。
        17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。
        The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.
        卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。
        18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。
        She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.
        她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。
        19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。
        If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.
        如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。
        20.You rock!: 你真棒!
        Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.
        兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2025-9-24 03:36 , Processed in 0.040870 second(s), 10 queries , WinCache On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表