|
发表于 2016-7-10 12:51:13
|
显示全部楼层
And see no end to the landscape,
此时,但觉好风光应接不暇,
new objects presenting themselves as we advance.
而且,前程更有美不胜收的新鲜景致。
So, in the commencement of life,
在这生活的开端,
we set no bounds to our inclinations,
我们听任自己的志趣驰骋,
nor to the unrestricted opportunities of gratifying them.
放手给它们一切满足的机会。
We have as yet found no obstacle, no disposition to flag;
到此为止,我们还没有碰上过什么障碍,也没有感觉到什么疲惫,
and it seems that we can go on so forever.
因此觉得还可以一直这样向前走去,直到永远。
We look round in a new world,full of life, and motion, and ceaseless progress;
我们看到四周一派新天地—生机盎然,变动不居,日新月异;
and feel in ourselves all the vigor and spirit to keep pace with it,
我们觉得自己活力充盈,精神饱满,可与宇宙并驾齐驱。
and do not foresee from any present symptoms how we shall be left behind in the natural course of things,
而且,眼前也无任何迹象可以证明,在大自然的发展过程中,
decline into old age, and drop into the grave.
我们自己也会落伍,衰老,进入坟墓。
It is the simplicity,
由于年轻人天真单纯,
and as it were abstractedness of our feelings in youth, that identifies us with nature,
可以说是茫然无知,因而将自己跟大自然划上等号;
and deludes us into a belief of being immortal like it.
并且,由于经验少而感情盛,误以为自己也能和大自然一样永世长存。 |
|