英语学习论坛

 找回密码
 立即注册
查看: 191|回复: 2

学美语:标准美国语第4册2a

[复制链接]

36万

主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
1094809
发表于 2016-7-13 23:01:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Chapter 62. Misfortune ;62. 噩运
          1.It's a twist of fate. 2.Murphy's Law is no myth. ;1.这是一个命运的逆转。 2.《墨菲定律》可不是 闹着玩的。
          3.Perish the thought! 4.Would you stop saying it's hopeless? ;3.甩掉那种念头! 4.你不要再说这些泄气 的话行不行?
          5.Everything is going wrong.This is really not my day! ;5.什么事儿都出错; 我今天真是流年不利!
          6.He's up the creek without a paddle. 7.He's got a flat and no jack. ;6.他祸不单行。 7.他屋漏偏逢连夜雨。
          8.It never fails!I just washed and waxed the car and now it's raining! ;8.真准!每次我一洗 好车打上蜡就下雨。
          9.My car broke on the highway.Shit happens. ;9.我的车子坏在公路上; 什么倒楣事都会发生。
          10.Every time I play the nice guy, I get burnt. 11.Why me? ;10.每次做好人, 总是我遭殃。 11.为何偏挑上我呢?
          12.What a lousy luck! 13.This can't be! ;12.真倒透了楣! 13.没这可能嘛!
          14.Why is my luck so lousy? ;14.为何我的时运 如此不济呢?
          15.Better luck next time. 16.Tough luck! ;15.祝你下次运气好些。 16.算你倒楣!
          17.No matter what he does,he always ends up in trouble. ;17.他成事不足, 败事有余。
          18.Everything's against me. ;18.事事不顺。
          19.Luck is not on my side. ;19.好运气不在我这一头。
          20.My life is one disaster after another. ;20.我一生中灾难 接二连三。
          21.I ruined myself with slow horses and fast women. ;21.我一生毁在赌和嫖 两个字里。
          22.Life has slapped me in the face again. ;22.命运又一次掴 我的耳光。
          23.I was born at the wrong time. ;23.我生不逢时。
          24.I was born in the wrong century. ;24.我投错了胎, 生在错误的时代。
          25.I regret the day I was born. ;25.我哀叹我出生的日子
          26.When it rains, it pours. ;26.不来则已, 一来如山洪爆发。
          27.Misfortunes never come singly. ;27.福无双至,祸不单行。
          28.Nothing ever goes according to plan. ;28.世事之不如意者 十之八九。
          Chapter 63. Blessings ;63. 祝福
          1.Please pray for us. 2.I'll remember you in my prayers. ;1.请为我们祈祷。 2.我会不时(在祷告中 纪念你们)为你代祷。
          3.May all your wishes come true. 4.Keep your fingers crossed for me. ;3.愿你所有的希望成真。 4.请不时为我祈祷。
          5.I wish you the best. 6.You have my blessing 7.God bless you. ;5.祝你万事如意。 6.我衷心祝福你。 7.愿神祝福你。
          Chapter 64. Religion ;64. 宗教
          1.Are you religious? 2.Do you observe your religion closely? ;1.你信教 2.你虔诚地奉行你的 宗教信仰吗?
          3.I'm an atheist. 4.We deeply believe that a living God exists. ;3.我是无神论者。 4.我们深信有一位活生生 的神存在着。
          5.He's very religious. 6.The end is near. ;5.他是十分虔诚的信徒。 6.世界末日就快到了。
          7.Listening to that preacher really helped me through some hard times. ;7.听了那位传道所说的 话,帮我度过许多难 以捱过的时刻。
          8.The preacher gave a long-winded lecture on morality. ;8.这位传道说了一篇有 关道德方面,既长又 无聊的道理。
          9.She doesn't go to church much. ;9.她不常去教堂。
          10.Our church doesn't deal with secular matters. ;10.我们的教会不 过问俗事。
          11.He's a man of the cloth. 12.God forgives, let him. ;11.他是位宗教人士。 12.神是宽宏大量的, 忏悔罪愆好让他来 饶恕我们。
          13.I'm praying to God. 14.They hope their prayers will be answered. ;13.我正在祷告。 14.他希望他们的祈祷 会蒙神垂听。
          15.You think God really cares? ;15.你真以为神会 关怀人吗?
          Chapter 65. Superstition ;65. 迷信
          1.If you break a mirror,it's seven years bad luck. ;1.如果你弄破了一面 镜子,会倒七年的楣。
          2.It's bad luck if your path is crossed by a black cat. ;2.如果黑猫横越阁下 欲通行之途径主凶兆。
          3.It's considered bad luck to walk under a ladder. ;3.从一个梯子底下 走过会带来噩运。
          4.It's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors. ;4.在屋子里头撑开雨伞 会带来不幸。
          5.Friday the Thirteenth is considered an inauspicious day. ;5.星期五双逢十三号 被认为不吉利的日子。
          6.Don't step on pavement cracks or you'll have bad luck. ;6.不要踩在水泥地的 裂缝上以免带来歹运。
          7.If you spill your salt,you'll have bad luck. 8.That's a bad omen. ;7.如果你打翻了盐罐子, 你会遭致不幸。 8.那个个凶兆。
          9.The claim that garlic wards off vampires is just old wives' tale. ;9.说什么蒜头可以驱赶 吸血鬼,只是三姑 六婆之言。
          10.This charm will ward off evil spirits,plagues, ;10.这是吉祥符可使你 回避邪灵、瘟疫,
          demons,devils, monsters and all other dangers. ;妖魔鬼和所有的灾祸。
          11.I'm gonna get a rabbit's foot to bring me good luck. ;11.我去弄一只兔脚 来当吉祥物。
          12.Throwing salt over your left shoulder will bring you good luck. ;12.把盐洒过你的左肩, 会带给你好运。
          13.I found a four-leaf clover.I'm gonna be lucky. ;13.我找到一枚四叶苜蓿, 我要走运了。
          14.You dropped a fork.Company is coming. ;14.你掉了一把叉子, 那表示快要有人来 拜访你。
          15.We were just talking about you, Lisa.Were your ears burning? ;15.我们刚刚才谈到你, 丽莎,你耳朵发热了 没有?
          16.Let's make a wish and crack the wishbone together. ;16.我们先许个愿, 再一起来扯断这只 “希望骨”
          17.Make a wish when you see a shooting star. ;17.看到流星时要 赶紧许个愿。
          Chapter 66. Ghosts & Goblins ;66. 鬼怪
          1.I must be seeing things. ;1.我一定是见了鬼。
          2.I'm not a man of superstition,but I've seen strange things. ;2.我并非迷信的人, 但我的确亲眼 见过怪事。
          3.A:I'm afraid I've seen a ghost. B:There are no ghosts. ;3.A:我想我遇到鬼了。 B:哪有鬼这回事?
          4.There are no such things as ghosts. ;4.世间绝无鬼怪的存在。
          5.Don't be afraid of the dead.It's the living that will harm you. ;5.不要害怕死去的人, 活人才会伤害人。
          Chapter 67. Black Magic ;67. 巫术
          1.She's a medium. 2.Trick or treat. ;1.她是灵媒。 2.不请客就捣蛋。
          Chapter 68. Fortune Telling ;68. 占卜
          1.She's a psychic. 2.What's your horoscope? ;1.她是个灵媒。 2.你属什么星座?
          Chapter 69. Waiting ;69. 等候
          1.Wait for the bell. 2.Hold on,I'll be right with you. ;1.等铃声响再出发。 2.稍等一下我马上来。
          3.I won't be long. Wait for me. ;3.我不会去太久, 等到我一下。
          4.Try to bear with me for a minute. ;4.耐心等我一下, 我马上过来。
          5.At long last,the wait is over. 6.Keep your shirt on. I'll be right there. ;5.终于不必再等了。 6.不要急吼吼地, 我马上来。
          7.How long should we wait here?Another hour? ;7.我们还要在这里等 多久?再一个小时吗?
          Chapter 70. To Hurry Up ;70.急促
          1.Snap to it! 2.Make it snappy! 3.Quick! ;1.快点儿! 2.快点儿! 3.快!
          4.Hurry up! 5.On the double! 6.Make haste! ;4.不要慢吞吞地! 5.动作快一点! 6.快一点!
          7.Get moving! 8.Get to work! ;7.快点儿做! 8.快去工作.
          9.Don't waste your time.Make it snappy. 10.Get with it! ;9.不浪费你的时间, 快做事。 10.快赶上别人!
          11.Get with the program. 12.Get started. 13.Let's hustle! ;11.快跟上别人的步调。 12.快开始做。 13.咱们赶一下!
          14.Hop to it,guys. 15.Hurry up.He's calling roll. 16.Hop to (it)! ;14.大家快点做。 15.快一点,他在点名了 16.快点!
          17.Shake a leg, they're getting impatient. ;17.快动身吧,他们已等 得不耐烦了。
          18.What are you waiting for? Christmas? ;18.你还在等什么? 等着过新年吗?
          19.Hurry up and get dressed.You are worse than a woman. ;19.快点穿好衣服走, 你比女人还会蘑菇。
          20.You'd better hustle.He's got a head start. ;20.你要快一点儿, 他已比你更早动身了。
          21.We need to speed things up. ;21.我们必须加速进行。
          22.Let's get there early so we don't miss out on anything. ;22.咱们早点去才 不会漏了什么。
          23.I'm in a bit of a hurry. 24.We're wasting time. ;23.我正在赶时间。 24.我们在浪费时间。
          25.Stop taking your time. 26.Hurry up!We don't have all day. ;25.不要慢吞吞。 26.快点!我们没那么 多时间。
          27.We're pressed for time. 28.We are running out of time. ;27.我们在赶时间。 28.我们的时间快用完了。
          29.Every second counts. 30.It's a race against the clock. ;29.现在分秒必争。 30.这是分秒必争的时刻
          31.I'm pressed for time.Don't get in my way. ;31.我在赶时间, 少跟我碍手碍脚。
          32.We're fighting the clock. 33.The clock is ticking. ;32.我们必须赶时间。 33.时间不断地消逝。
          34.I have no time for pessimists. ;34.我不愿浪费时间 给悲观的人。
          35.Can you put a little pressure on? ;35.你能稍微施点儿压力 吗?
          Chapter 71. Don't Rush ;71. 不用急
          1.I won't be long. 2.I'll be ready in a jiffy. ;1.我不会拖太久。 2.我就完事了。
          3.No rush.We still have ample time. 4.Is it that urgent? ;3.不用急,我们有的 是时间。 4.很紧急吗?
          5.Take your time. 6.What's the big rush? ;5.你慢慢地做吧, 不用急。 6.你急吼吼地是怎么回事
          7.There's still time. 8.What's the matter?The cops chasing you? ;7.咱们有的是时间。 8.怎么回事啦?警察在 后面追你吗?
          9.Calm down! 10.Be patient! 11.Don't be so eager. ;9.平静下来! 10.耐点性儿! 11.不用那么急切。
          12.One thing at a time. 13.Easy does it. ;12.不要乱做一气。 (一样一样来。) 13.不用急,慢慢来。
          14.Do things step by step. 15.One day at a time. ;14.做事要按部就班。 15.过一天算一天。
          16.I think you're jumping the gun. 17.Slow down your pace. ;16.我认为你太急切了。 17.把你的步调放慢些。
          18.Don't jump to any conclusions. 19.Don't be impulsive. ;18.不要妄下断论。 19.不要太冲动。
          20.Relax,you'll get your shot. ;20.放心,会轮到你的。
          21.With people today, everything is rush,rush,rush. ;21.现代的人做事 都是急就章。
          Chapter 72. Impatient ;72. 不耐
          1.When is this going to end? ;1.这要到什么时候 才叫停呢?
          2.We don't have all day. 3.Time seems to going backwards. ;2.我们哪有功夫 等你一整天。 3.时间好像拖着脚在走。
         
       
            
            
回复

使用道具 举报

0

主题

6899

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
14316
发表于 2016-7-13 23:10:28 | 显示全部楼层

          4.Let's just get it over with. 5.I'm not a man of patience. ;4.我们快点把它 做个了断吧。 5.我是没耐性的人。
          6.You're trying my patience. 7.I have my limits! ;6.你在惹我发火。 7.我的忍耐有个限度!
          Chapter 73. Be Patient ;73. 耐心
          1.Rome wasn't built in a day. 2.Don't push him. ;1.罗马不是一天造成的。 2.别催得他太急。
          3.Have patience! 4.A fisherman should be patient. ;3.你要有点儿耐性! 4.钓鱼的人应该有耐性。
          5.Give him some breathing room. 6.I'm counting the days. ;5.多给他些喘息的空间。 6.我在倒数日子。
          7.A:How long do you think it might take? ;7.你想这大约要花 多少时间?
          B:A day or two, three at the most. ;B:一或两天,顶多三天。
          8.I'll wait here until the cows come home. 9.Have a nice wait! ;8.我不惜在这里等一辈子 9.你好好地等下去吧!
          10.Patience is a virtue. ;10.容忍是一种美德。
          11.All good things come to those who wait. ;11.美事终会临到 耐心的人。
          Chapter 74. Time Descriptions & Philosophy ;74. 时间与哲学
          1.Do you know what day it is today? ;1.你知道今天是 星期几吗?
          2.Time flies,I've lost track of time. ;2.时间飞快,我已记不 清楚今夕是何年。
          3.Wednesday is hump day. ;3.星期三像一周中 的分水岭。
          4.Thank God it's Friday! ;4.谢天谢地, 又到星期五了。
          5.I can't be sure of the exact time. ;5.我也弄不清楚现在 确切的时刻。
          6.There's a three hour time lag between New York and California. ;6.纽约和加州之间有 三个钟头的时差。
          7.My watch is five minutes fast. ;7.我的手表快了五分钟。
          8.A:Do you have the time? ;8.A:你的手表几点了?
          B:Sure,it's three forty-five(A quarter to four.) ; B:三点四十五分钟。
          9.A:What time is it now? B:It's ten to 12. ;9.A:现在几点啦? B:差十分十二点。
          10.Is that clock right? ;10.那个钟准吗?
          11.This watch keeps good time. 12.You can set your watch by him. ;11.这只表走得很准。 12.你可以拿他来 校正手表。
          13.I think that clock is off by a few minutes. ;13.我想那个钟差了几分
          14.This intricate work is too time-consuming. ;14.这件复杂的工作很费 时。
          15.Proofreading for mistakes eats up a lot of time. ;15.校对错误消耗掉 许多时间。
          16.He will comply before long. ;16.不久他会屈服于 我们的要求。
          17.Time heals all wounds. ;17.时间会安抚一切伤痛
          Chapter 75. ;The Preciousness Of Time 75. 时间的宝贵
          1.Life is too short for this. ;1.人生太短, 做这种事划不来。
          2.My time is too valuable to waste. ;2.我的时间太宝贵了, 浪费不起。
          3.You can't turn back the clock. ;3.你无法使时光倒流。
          4.This will occupy all your time. 5.My time is up. ;4.这会占用你整个时间。 5.我的时间到了。
          6.We worked from dawn until dusk. 7.Better late than never. ;6.我们从早忙到晚。 7.迟些做也总比完全 不做强。
          8.Ther's still time. 9.Don't let your life pass you by. ;8.还有时间性嘛! 9.不要让大好光阴虚度。
          10.Make hay while the sun shines. 11.Treasure your life. ;10.白日莫闲过。 11.珍惜人生。
          12.Take time to smell the roses. 13.Seize the day. ;12.要在百忙中匀出时间 来,嗅那玫瑰的清香 13.要及时行乐。
          14.Tomorrow becomes today and before you know it,it's yesterday. ;14.明日变成今日, 在你还没觉察之前, 它又变成昨日。
          Chapter 76. Setting Up Appointments ;76. 约定时间
          1.You name the time. ;1.时间由你来决定吧。
          2.A:When should I come? B:Whenever is best for you. ;A:我该几时来? B:看你什么时候最方便。
          B:Whenever is most convenient. ;B:找你最方便的时间来。
          3.I'm way ahead of you on that . ;3.我的脑筋比你灵活, 早就弄妥了。
          4.A:When should I be there? B:How does 8 A.M. sound? ;4.A:我几时该到那里? B:你看上午8点如何?
          A:That's kind of early.I'm afraid I can't make it. ;A:那太早了些, 我怕赶不来。
          B:Would 10 A.M. be all right? ;B:10点总可以吧?
          A:Lets make it 11 A.M.How's that with you? ;A:我们就定在11点, 你看行吗?
          B:Fine with me.Make sure you're there at 11 sharp. ;B:没问题,你11点整 一定要到。
          5.A:Who are you here for? B:I'm here to see Ms.O'Connor. ;5.A:你来这里见谁? B:我是来见欧卡娜 小姐的。
          6.Is Mr.Walters expecting you? ;6.瓦特斯先生等着 见你吗?
          7.A:How about lunch on Thursday? B:It's a date. ;7.A:星期四去吃中饭 好吗? B:行,就这样说定了。
          8.I can't see you this afternoon.I'm all tied up. ;8.我今天下午没法见你, 我的时间都已排满了。
          9.I'm not free on that day. 10.I have a tight schedule today. ;9.我那一天抽不出空来。 10.我今天的行程很紧凑
          11.Sorry.I can't do lunch with you. I have a previous engagement. ;11.抱歉,我无法和你去 用午饭,我和别人 有约在先。
          12.She's completely booked until next Monday. ;12.她的时间到下星期一 之前都已预约。
          13.I'm sorry I spoiled your evening. ;13.很抱歉,我使你今晚 的计划泡汤了。
          14.She can't make it for lunch. Something came up. ;14.她临时出了一点事儿, 没办法来吃午饭。
          Chapter 77. Presence ;77. 现身
          1.Speak of the devil, here she is now. ;1.说曹操,曹操到。
          2.I wasn't sure if you'd show up or not. ;2.我算不准你到底来不来
          Chapter 78. Punctual Arrival ;78. 准时到达
          1.I'll there at 9:00, give or take a few minutes. ;1.我九点到,也可能早 或晚个几分钟。
          2.He'll be here at noon sharp. 3.I'll be there 9:00 on the dot. ;2.他中午会到这儿。 3.我9点整会准时到。
          4.I'll meet you there in half an hour. 5.Expect me at 6:00. ;4.我半小时内和你在 那里见面。 5.你6点在那里等我。
          6.Boy,you're right on time. 7.You saved me a trip. ;6.乖乖,你来得分秒不差 。 7.你省了我跑一趟路。
          Chapter 79. Running Late ;79. 延误
          1.I'm running a little bit late. ;1.我有点儿迟了。
          2.I'm a little behind schedule. 3.Enough said. ;2.我比原订计划稍 落后了些。 3.你说够了。
          4.I'm sorry I'm late. I got stuck at work. 5.What kept you? ;4.我因工作耽误而迟来, 很抱歉。 5.什么事使你迟迟不来?
          6.What took you so long? 7.He's been tied up. ;6.干嘛去这么久? 7.他被留置(拘留).
          8.He's been detained. ;8.他被办公室的事务 给耽误了。
          9.Gosh,we barely made it. ;9.天老爷,我们总算 勉强做成了。
          10.Am I early or are you late? ;10.到底是我来得太早, 还是你迟到了?
          Chapter 80. Speed ;80. 速度
          1.This won't take any time. 2.The sooner the better. ;1.这要不了我多少 时间。 2.愈快愈好。
          3.I'll be finished in a flash. 4.I'll be quick as a bunny. ;3.我会快如闪电地做完。 4.我动若脱兔。
          5.We did it in no time. 6.I just can't keep up. ;5.我们没花多久就做成了 。 6.我实在赶不上你的脚步 。
          7.He came in and out like a lightning bolt. ;7.他来无影去无踪。
          8.It's faster than a speeding bullet. ;8.它快过枪弹
          Chapter 81. The Order Of Sequence/Waiting ;81. 顺序
          1.Don't speak out of turn. 2.Please wait in line. 3.You're next. ;1.还没轮到你说话。 2.请按秩序排成一队。 3.轮到你了。
          4.You have to wait your turn. 5.Are you waiting in line? ;4.还没轮到你呢。 5.你在排队吗?
          6.I was here before you. 7.You're after me,pal. 8.You're on. ;6.我比你早来。 7.老兄,你排在我后面。 8.轮到你上场了。
          9.Don't put the cart before the horse. 10.The best is yet to come. ;9.不要本末倒置。 10.好戏还在后头。
          Chapter 82. Frequency ;82. 频率
          1.I still shoot pool on occasion. 2.This marriage has been so sudden. ;1.我偶尔会打弹子。 2.这婚姻来得很突然。
          3.It's not that common. ;3.这不常听到。
          4.Time after time, I get stuck with losers. ;4.我一次又一次碰上 不成器的人。
          5.It happens all the time. ;这种事天天都有。
          Chapter 83. Job Offers ;83. 雇用
          1.We're understaffed. 2.Get the right man for the job. ;1.我们人手不足。 2.去找称职的人来担任 这份工作。
         
       
            
            
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

0

主题

6903

帖子

1万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
14320
发表于 2016-7-14 00:49:55 | 显示全部楼层

          3.I have an opening here for a new typist. ;3.我有一打字员的缺 在找人。
          4.They're looking for an entry-level clerk.Any takers? ;4.他们在找初级的职员, 谁有兴趣应征吗?
          5.It's so hard to find good help these days. ;5.现在很难难找到 好帮手。
          6.Good employees are few and far between. ;6.好雇员难求。
          7.This job is open to everyone. 8.New blood is moving in. ;7.这份工作谁都可应征。 8.新鲜血液正在加入 我们的阵容。
          Chapter 84. Recommendations ;84. 推荐
          1.I've got (just) the right guy for the job. ;1.我正巧有适合这份 工作的人。
          2.This job is tailor-made for her. ;2.那件工作对她再 合适不过了。
          3.He's cut for the job. ;3.他是做这种工作 的料子。
          Chapter 85. Extending Job Offers ;85. 给予工作机会
          1.One of my helpers is sick.Can you fill in? ;1.我的一个帮手病了, 你能补他的缺吗?
          2.I have a job opening for you,but it's on trial basis. ;2.我有份工作给你, 但只是试用性的。
          3.I'll pay you twice what you're making there. ;3.不论你在那儿的薪水 多少,我加一倍 雇用你。
          4.You're priceless. 5.You're the man for the job. ;4.你是无价之宝。 5.你是最适合担任 这份工作的人。
          6.Sign that guy up. ;6.快去和那个人签 雇用契约。
          7.He's worth his weight in gold. 8.She is worth a lot. ;7.他值得我花大把银子 聘请他。 8.她的身份不凡。
          Chapter 86. A Good Job Offer ;86. 好工作机会
          1.Shop around. 2.That job offer is simply amazing. ;1.货问三家,不吃亏。 2.那份工作的待遇, 简直好得令人惊讶。
          3.That job offers great fringe benefits. ;3.那份职位提供很优厚 的额外福利。
          4.That fat job pays well. ;4.那份肥缺油水不少。
          5.Who wouldn't jump at such an opportunity? ;5.这种好机会有谁不要?
          6.That cushy job is highly persuasive. ;6.那份闲差事很诱人。
          Chapter 87. Seeking A Job ;87. 觅职
          1.This job is not too appealing to me. 2.I'm in between jobs right now. ;1.我对这份工作兴趣不大 。 2.我现在正在找工作。
          3.I'd do anything for a job. ;3.如果能找到一份工作, 要我做什么都行。
          4.I don't want any pity.I just need a job. ;4.我不需要怜悯, 我只要一份工作。
          5.I need a steady job. 6.I hope I don't wind up in the gutter. ;5.我需要一份稳定的工作 6.希望我不致于沦为贫民
          7.The job outlook is grim. ;7.就业机会的前瞻不佳。
          8.How's your job hunting coming along? ;8.你找工作的事进行 得如何?
          9.You have to pound the pavement. ;9.你必须自己到处去 找一份工作。
          10.She went to New Your to try to break into acting. ;10.她跑到纽约,去试试 她演艺业的生涯。
          11.Maybe one of your old school ties can find you a job. ;11.也许你的老校友当中, 某个人能帮你找份工作  ?
          12.Something will come up. ;12.会有好转机的。
          13.Good jobs don't come cheap.You've gotta pay a price. ;13.好职位得之不易, 你必须付出相当的 代价。
          14.Can you put in a good word for me to get that job? ;14.你能帮我美言几句, 好得到那份工作吗?
          15.Finding this job was a lucky break. ;15.能找到这份工作 真是运气好。
          16.A:How did he get that job? B:He got in through the back door. ;16.A:他那份工作是 怎么来的? B:靠拉关系得到的。
          Chapter 88. Job Interviews ;88. 求职面试
          1.A:Is that job still open? ;1.A:那份缺还在吗?
          B:I'm afraid that position has been filled. ;B:抱歉,已找到人了。
          B:Sorry,that post has been taken. ;B:抱歉,那缺已有人。
          2.I'm responding to your ad. ;2.我来应征你们的 招聘广告。
          3.We still have one more slot to fill. ;3.我们还有一缺要补。
          4.A:Did you advertise for a clerk? B:That's right. ;4.A:你们登报招聘 店员吗? B:对。
          A:Is the positing still open? B:Yes.Are you interested? ;A:那个缺还有吗? B:有你有兴趣吗?
          5.This interview is like a pressure cooker to me. ;5.这个求职面谈,使 我感到很大的压力。
          6.I get the jitters. 7.What are your credentials? ;6.我觉得鼓不起勇气。 7.你有什么学历和经历?
          8.With experience like that,you'll do fine. ;8.有那么好的经验, 你会无往不利。
          9.I'm the man for the job. ;9.这份工作非我莫属。
          Chapter 89. Job Rejections ;89. 拒绝聘用
          1.I didn't get a fair shake at that job opening. ;1.那次招请人员,没给 我公平竞争的机会。
          2.Give me a better candidate. 3.I don't hire dumbbells. ;2.替我找个更好的人选 取来补这缺。 3.我不会花钱雇用笨蛋。
          Chapter 90. To Be Hired ;90. 受雇
          1.We landed a good one when we hired you. ;1.我们雇用你, 算是找对人了。
          2.He was singled out from so many candidates. 3.This job is yours. ;2.他在许多候选人当中 被挑出来。 3.这份工作是你的。
          4.You just hired Miss Welch for her looks. ;4.你只是因为魏乐曲 小姐脸蛋儿长得 漂亮才雇用她。
          5.How soon can you start? 6.He's the new kid on the block. ;5.你几时 可以来上班? 6.他是新来的。
          Chapter 91. Job Training ;91. 工作培训
          1.We're breaking in a new cook. 2.Whip him into shape. ;1.我们正在调教一名 新厨师。 2.严格督促他。
          3.The coach is trying to bust our chops. 4.You're doing fine. ;3.教练想累坏我们。 4.你做得很好。
          5.Despite being green,he's good. ;5.他虽然是生手, 但表现得不错。
          Chapter 92. Career I quires ;92. 询问职业
          1.What's your occupation? 2.What do you do for a living? ;1.你的职业是什么? 2.你靠什么过日子?
          3.That's not my line. 4.I know better. ;3.那不是我的本行。 4.我比你懂。
          5.Are you self-employed? 6.I only do piece work. ;5.你自己当老板吗? 6.我按件计酬拿薪水。
          7.I do odd jobs. 8.I'm a freelancer. ;7.我靠打杂维生。 8.我是自由职业者。
          9.I work for the government. 10.How can I help you? ;9.我是公务员。 10.我能替你做些什么?
          Chapter 93. Position ;93. 职位
          1.You've got the job. I run the show. ;1.表面上你主其事, 实际上由我操纵大局。
          2.He holds a key position in the company. ;2.他在公司里担任 重要的职位。
          3.You're the mainstay of the company. ;3.你是公司的大台柱。
          4.She's the pillar of this firm. ;4.她是这家公司的台柱。
          5.I don't mind playing second fiddle. ;5.我不在乎屈居人下 的工作。
          6.The pecking order in that club is pretty tough. ;6.那所俱乐部里的阶级 分得很严格。
          7.He's the low man on the totem pole. ;7.他的阶级最低。
          Chapter 94. Promotion ;94. 晋升
          1.Since his promotion he's been on the gravy train. ;1.自从晋升后, 他搭上了肥缺。
          2.He's promoted one step too high. ;2.他晋升到一个无法 胜任的高职。
          3.She performed sexual favors for her boss to get promoted. ;3.她对老板牺牲色相 以获得拔擢。
          4.She slept her way up the corporate ladder. ;4.她利用与老板的床第 关系一路窜升。
          5.He's a man on the way up! ;5.他现在扶摇直上!
          Chapter 95. Salary ;95. 薪水
          1.Your salary will be commensurate with your experience. ;1.你的薪水多寡视 工作经验而定。
          2.We pay by the hour. ;2.我们按钟点计薪。
          3.Salespersons usually work on commission. ;3.通常销货没靠 抽佣金为收入。
          4.This check cheers me up. ;4.这张支票令我 高兴不已。
          5.Could I have an advance on next week's paycheck? ;5.我可以预支下星期 的薪水吗?
          Chapter 96. Low Wages ;96. 低薪
          1.I only have a modest income. 2.It's practically slave wages. ;1.我的收入不多。 2.这简直是压榨劳工。
          3.A:How much does he pay you? B:Minimum wage. ;3.A:他付你多少薪水? B:只给法定最低工资。
          4.A:How's your salary here? ;4.A:你在这儿的 薪水高吗?
          B:It's for the birds. ;B:烂透了,简直不是 给人的待遇。
          5.He works enough to get by. ;5.他只赚足够生活 开销的钱。
          6.A:I guess the pay is not too good there. B:No,it stinks. ;A:我想那儿给的薪水 不会太好吧? B:不好,奇差无比。
          7.The first job I got wasn't a princely wage. ;7.我找到的第一份工作, 薪水并不高。
          8.He's living from paycheck to paycheck. ;8.他的收入只够开销。
          Chapter 97. To Demand For Higher Pay ;97. 要求较高待遇
          1.I received a dock in pay. ;1.我的薪水被扣掉了 一部分。
          2.Don't try to dock my pay.What's fair is fair. ;2.公平一点,不要乱扣 我的薪水。
          3.I insist same job, same pay. 4.I'm overworked and underpaid! ;3.我坚持同工同酬。 4.我多做少得!
          5.He's not fair with my wages. ;5.他付给我的工资 不够厚道。
          6.I'm taking a risk. I demand more money. ;6.我在承担风险, 我要求更多的钱。
          7.A woman has to do twice as good to get a man's pay. ;7.女性要加倍努力才能 获得男人一样的待遇。
          Chapter 98. Asking For A Raise ;98. 要求加薪
          1.I'd like a raise. 2.You're unjust if you don't pay me more. ;1.我想要加薪。 2.如果你不多付我一些 钱,就是不公平。
          3.I quit. 4.I sure picked the wrong time to ask for a raise. ;3.我辞职不干。 4.我真是找错时间问 老板加薪。
          5.I just got a raise. We're in the money now. ;5.我刚刚被提升, 又有钱可以花了。
          Chapter 99. High salaries ;99. 高薪
          1.I'm making five grand a month. 2.I make (a) decent pay. ;1.我现在每月赚五千美 元。 2.我的薪水相当可观。
          3.I hate you for the money you make. ;3.我恨你能赚那么多钱。
          4.That's peanuts compared to my income. ;4.比起我的收入来, 这点儿钱不算什么。
          Chapter 100. Talk About Work ;100. 谈论工作
          1.Temping is a great way to build contacts. ;1.打临时工,是建立 人际关系的良方。
          2.I've found my niche in life. This is the career for me. ;3.我已找到了栖身之处, 这种事业最适合我。
          3.He's a nine-to-fiver. 4.He's at work. ;3.他是朝九晚五的 上班族。 4.他在上班。
          5.He's off today. 6.Besides my regular occupation,I have a side job. ;5.他今天不上班。 6.除了我的正规工作外, 我还兼点副业。
          Chapter 101. Work Shifts ;101. 工作班次
          1.Office jobs are typically nine to five. ;1.办公室的典型工作 时间是朝九晚五。
          2.I have to work an hour or so overtime. ;2.我大概还要加一个 钟头的班。
          3.I got stuck working the graveyard shift this month. ;3.本月份我硬被安排 在夜班工作。
          4.Ted is going to pinch hit for the usual salesman. ;4.泰德要替原来的 销售员代班。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2025-11-30 12:57 , Processed in 0.057092 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表