|
|
发表于 2016-7-13 23:59:11
|
显示全部楼层
5.It's that easy! 6.Are you deaf or are you just playing dumb? ;5.就是那么容易! 6.你聋了,还是故意在 装傻?
7.Don't you get it? 8.Do I have to carve it in stone? ;7.你想不通吗? 8.还要我刻在石头上你才 能明白吗?
9.Do I have to draw a picture? ;9.非得我绘图说明你才 明白吗?
47.Let Me Explain 容我解释 ;
1.Ask whatever comes to mind. 2.Let me give you the gist of it. ;1.想到什么就问什么. 2.我把重点扼要地跟你 提一下.
3.Let me put it differently. 4.Don't muddy things up. ;3.我换了个方式来解释. 4.不要搞乱了事情.
5.Don't get bogged down in details. 6.I'll translate that for you. ;5.不要钻牛角尖. 6.我来跟你解说一下.
7.I think you get the picture. ;7.我想你已明白我的 意思了.
48.Difficult To Explain 难以解释 ;
1.This question is too broad. ;1.这个问题牵涉太广. 这问题问得不着边际.
2.It's kind of hard to say offhand. ;2.我无法脱口而出.
49.Raising Examples 举例 ;
1.Like what? 2.For one thing, he's too short. ;1.比方像什么呢? 2.有关他的一点是, 他的个子太矮了.
3.On the contrary, I like you a lot. ;3.恰恰相反,我很喜欢你.
4.On one hand,a good job is important. ;4.从某方面来说,有一份 好差事很重要.
5.On the other hand, you have to do what makes you happy. ;5.从另一方面来说,你 必须做使你快乐的事.
6.Either way you look at it,you lose something. ;6.横竖看来, 你都有所损失.
7.Let me put it this way,you only have one choice. ;7.我不妨这么说,你只有 一个选择的余地.
8.One thing's for sure he's not my type. ;8.可以确定的一点是, 我不欣赏他这种人.
9.Look at it this way, what's good for me is good for you. ;9.你要采取这种观点, 利于我必益于你.
10.The point I'm making is,why argue over something so petty. ;10.我想说的是,犯不着 为如此琐事而争吵.
11.What I mean to say is,this won't work. ;11.我的意思是,这行不通
12.All I'm trying to say is,try to renegotiate. ;12.我想说的只是,试着去 重新谈判.
13.I'm merely stating the fact that nothing is for free ;13.我要指出的事实只不 过是,天下没有白吃 的午餐.
14.What I'm suggesting is,give him a chance. ;14.我想建议的是 给他一个机会.
15.It be more accurate to say you are both equally to blame. ;15.更正确的说法是, 要怪应该怪你们俩.
16.Metaphorically speaking we're all wheels in a big machine. ;16.打个比方说吧,我们 都是一部大机器里的 小齿轮.
50.Problems 麻烦 ;
1.That's the whole problem. 2.That's the rub. ;1.症结点就在这儿. 2.那正是关键点.
3.A:What's up? B:I think I'm in big trouble. ;3.A:怎么回事啦? B:我想我惹上大麻烦了
4.Problems are beginning to surface 5.Now everything is in turmoil. ;4.问题开始明朗化了. 5.现在整个事态乱无章法
6.This thing is getting out of hand. 7.It's getting to be a bit of a hassle. ;6.这件事已逐渐失掉控制 7.这渐渐变得令人心烦.
8.Problems are starting to crop up. ;8.毛病开始显露出来了.
9.We're up against a brick wall in this matter. ;9.这件事我们开始碰壁了
10.It has begun to spiral out of control. ;10.这像飞机失控, 开始在空中打转.
11.I've got a flat and no jack. ;11.倒楣的事接二连三.
12.I've reached an impasse. ;12.我已走到尽头.
13.Somebody help me untangle this mess, please! ;13.你们谁来帮我收拾 一下这烂摊子.
14.Your troubles are just beginning. 15.You're not out of the woods yet. ;14.你的麻烦才刚开始呢! 15.你的麻烦还没完呢.
16.This is just the calm before the storm. ;16.这只是暴风雨前的 宁静.
17.Our economy faces a long winding road. 18.He's skating on thin ice! ;17.我们的经济面临长期 艰难的路程. 18.他在自找麻烦.
19.It's been one thing after another with Michael. ;19.麦可的麻烦如屋漏偏 逢连夜雨.麦可的麻烦 一波未平,另波又起.
20.I'm in a bind. 21.I'm in a dilemma. 22.It's a thorny question. ;20.我左右为难. 21.我进退两难. 22.这是个很头痛的问题.
23.This is a very ticklish problem. 24.What a struggle! ;23.这是个非常敏感的 问题. 24.多么煞费周章!
25.You put me in a very difficult spot ;25.你把我的处境弄得 很尴尬.
26.I feel like I'm swimming upstream. ;26.我觉得好像在逆水 行舟.
27.How can we increase revenue without increasing taxes? It's a Cathc-22! ;27.怎能不增税而充裕 财源呢?多么矛盾!
28.It's a very sticky situation. Handle with care. ;28.这是很棘手的状况, 要小心处理.
29.They really cooked my goose this time. 30.He dug himself into a hole. ;29.他们这次弄得我 焦头烂额. 30.他自掘坟墓.
31.Days like this are disastrous. ;31.这种日子真像是 遭灾遇劫.
32.It's like the shit hit the fan. ;32.这就像粪便打到电扇.
33.I get the feeling of impending doom. ;33.我觉得好像世界末日 到了.
34.Join the club. ;34.你的处境与我们相同. 欢迎你来跟我们一起 受罪.
35.We're all in the same boat. ;35.我们共生死、同沉浮.
36.If I could,I'd sprout wings and fly away. ;36.如果可能的话,我情愿 长翅飞走.
37.Don't compound the problem! ;37.不要把问题复杂化!
51.Problem Solving 解决难题 ;
1.This case stinks. 2.This case is a tough nut to crack. ;1.这件事很棘手. 2.这是难解之题.
3.How can I get off the hook? ;3.我该如何脱困呢?
4.You gotta remember fleas come with the dog. ;4.你要记得,凡事有利必 有弊.
5.We have to find a way out. 6.I'm sure there's a solution. ;5.我们必须找条出路. 6.我确信必定有解决之方
7.Why waste time wrestling with that riddle? ;7.何必浪费时间去破解 那个谜题呢?
8.This knot won't come undone. ;8.这是个打不开的结.
9.You can't relive yesterday. 10.He threw his hands up in despair. ;9.你无法使时光倒流. 10.他在绝望中竖起白旗.
11.You've gotta take the bull by the horns. ;11.你必须放手一搏.
12.It's not going to go away by itself. ;12.这种事不会主动消失.
13.We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. ;13.船到桥头自然直.
14.Let's fix the problem,not mask it ;14.我们应该正视难题, 而非蒙蔽了事.
15.He's a troublemaker ;15.他是制造麻烦的人.
16.If you ask her what happened you'll be opening up a can of worms. ;16.如果你去问她发生了 什么事,等于是捅马 蜂窝.
17.Don't look for trouble. ;17.不要自寻苦恼.
18.The sensation is akin to jumping off a cliff. ;18.那是种跳崖的感觉.
19.There's no easy answer. ;19.没什么轻松的解决 方法.别无良策.
20.It's a quick fix. ;20.这是个速战速决的 方法.
21.I've spotted one of your problems. ;21.我已经找到一个症结 点了.
22.You see?It works. 23.He's over the hump. ;22.你瞧,这不就成了吗? 23.他已渡过了难关.
52.Easy Or Hard 难易 ;
1.This is simple. 2.That's common sense. 3.That's elementary. ;1.这好办. 2.那是常识. 3.那是最起码的知识.
4.It's a snap. 5.No sweat! ;4.这轻而易举. 5.没什么大不了的事儿!
6.Nothing to it,really 7.This is as simple as ABC. ;6.这真是易如反掌. 7.这再简单不过.
8.It's a cinch. 9.The final was a breeze. ;8.这十拿九稳. 9.这场期末不难.
10.It's as easy as one two,three. 11.And you said it was impossible. ;10.这就像数一、二、三 那么简单. 11.你还说这办不成呢.
12.It's not that simple. 13.Now comes the hard part. ;12.这没那么简单. 13.现在碰到困难的部分 了.
14.It's a tall order. 15.This job is too heavy for a lady. ;14.这个要求难以完成. 15.这种工作对女人家 太粗重.
16.That's a big job for such a rookie. 17.Consider it as a challenge. ;16.那种工作对生手未免 太重了些. 17.把它当成一项挑战吧.
18.It's a monumental task. 19.It took some doing. ;18.这是一项艰巨的任务. 19.花了一番心血才做成.
20.The day of the easy break is over. 21.What a struggle! ;20.轻松的日子已不再有. 21.多费劲儿!
53.Effective Or Ineffective 有效、无效 ;
1.This might help. 2.Taste will tell. ;1.这也许会派上用场. 2.效果如何,一试便知.
3.It will do just as well. 4.It's very handy. 5.It never fails. ;3.这可全然代用. 4.这很管用. 5.这百试百灵!
6.Darn,it still doesn't work. 7.This stuff really works. ;6.糟糕,还是不管用. 7.这玩意儿挺有效的.
8.This shortcut saves lots of time. ;8.抄这条捷径,省了不少 时间.
9.It's no use. Why bother? ;9.这不管用. 何必白费心机呢?
10.Killing him isn't going to help. 11.It's under repair. 12.It's busted. ;10.宰了他也无济于事. 11.他正在修理中. 12.这个已报废.
54.Overcoming Difficulties 克服困难 ;
1.How are you coping? 2.How is he taking it? ;1.你能克服吗? 2.他的反应如何?
3.He took it without blinking. 4.He took it all in stride. ;3.他眼都不眨一下就 接受了. 4.他照单全收.
5.He didn't even blink 6.I take things as they come. ;5.他连眼皮都没眨一下! 6.我对任何事都逆来顺受
7.I go with the flow. 8.You are taking it well. 9.One day at a time. ;7.我顺应潮流. 8.你很撑得住. 9.过一天算一天.
10.I do things one step at a time. 11.I roll with the punches. ;10.我做事稳扎稳打. 11.我随机应变. 我兵来将挡,水来土掩
12.Hope I can get over it. 13.I guess we'll just have to go without. ;12.希望我能熬得过. 13.我想我们只好将就 一下.
|
|