|
|
发表于 2016-7-14 00:21:50
|
显示全部楼层
You've got a flat left rear tire. Your tires look a little low. ;你的左后轮胎瘪了。 你的胎压不足。
My engine died. My car is being repaired. ;我的引擎熄火了。 我的车子送修去了。
The battery ran out. ;电瓶没电了。
Chapter 104 Asking Directions ;第一百零四章 问路
Is there another way home besides this washboard road? ;除了这条洗衣板路外, 还有其他回家的路吗?
Which way is the hospital? ;医院该往哪儿走?
A:Is there any landmark by your location? ;A:你那里有什么醒目 的标志吗?
B:Sure,the post office is right across the street from us. ;B:有呀,邮局就在 我们的对面。
It's diagonally across the street from the bus stop. ;他就在巴士站的斜对面。
The store is three blocks down and to the left.You can't miss it . ;这家店铺在往下走三 条街的左边,你一定 会找到。
Up two streets,take a right,the store will be on your left. ;往前走二条街,向右拐, 那家铺子就在你的左边。
Keep going.After you pass three lights, you'll run right into it. ;你继续走,过三个红绿 灯就会碰见它。
You won't miss it. ;你一定会找到它。
Bear left when you come to the fork in the road. ;你开到分岔路口时, 要靠最左边的路线走。
Right lane, get off here. ;把车子开到右线道, 从这个岔口出去。
The room is upstairs second door on the left. ;那个房间在楼上, 左边第二扇门。
The post office is two stores down. ;再过两家店面就是邮局。
It's within walking distance. ;那儿不远,可以走着去。
It's miles away from here. ;那里离这儿有 好几里路呢。
Every time I come here I get so lost. ;每次我到这儿来, 都不知何去何从。
Don't get lost. Don't follow me, I'm lost too. ;不要迷路。 我自己也迷路了, 不要穷跟着我跑。
All roads lead to Rome. ;条条道路通罗马。
Chapter 105 Hitchhiking ;第一百零五章 搭便车
Want a ride? ;要不要打便车?
A:Would you like a ride home? ;A:要不要我开车 送你回家?
B:No,I'll just grab a cab. ;B:不用,我拦一部 出租车就得了。
Get a taxi. ;去叫一部出租车。
Can you give me a lift to the next town? ;可以顺道载我到下 一个镇吗?
Could I catch a ride in your direction? ;我可以沿着你开的 方向搭一段路程吗?
A:Can you give me a lift? B:Sure,hop in. ;A:你能顺路载我一程吗? B:没问题。上来吧。
This is as far as I'm going. Thanks for dropping me off. ;我只能载你到这里为止。 谢谢你送我回家。
Everybody off! I hitchhiked. ;所有的人都下车。 我一路搭便车来。
Don't ever thumb a ride home from school. ;不要随便从学校 搭便车回家。
Chapter 106 Taxi,Bus,Train Ride ;第一百零六章 搭车
Where to,sir? ;先生,你要上哪儿去?
What's the cab fare from here to the airport? ;从这里到机场的 出租车费要多少?
Could you take us to Macy's? ;你能在我们去梅 西百货公司?
That bus is packed with passengers. ;那部巴士挤满了乘客。
Squeeze over.Make some room for me, will you? ;请你再挤一下, 腾出点儿空间给我好吗?
Don't push.There isn't much room left! ;不要推,里头已 经没位置了嘛!
I was squashed in the bus. ;我在公车内被挤扁了。
Bus driver,can you let me off at the corner? ;司机,在街角让我下车 好吗?
All aboard. ;所有的乘客都上车。
Chapter 107 Commuting ;第一百零七章 通勤
You can save a lot of money on gas and tolls if you car-pool. ;如果你们数人共乘一车, 可省掉不少油钱和过路 费。
It's tough having to start the day right off commuting. ;一大早赶着通勤 去上班真是苦。
It was bumper-to-bumper all the way here. ;一路来到这儿车接车, 大摆长龙。
The rush hour is the worst time to be on the road. ;上下班时间,是公路上 最难开车的时刻。
The traffic is at a standstill. I got stuck in traffic. ;交通完全停顿。 我被卡在车阵里。
The road is backed up for two miles. ;公路上堵了二英里 长的车子。
You're hogging the road,Jackass! ;蠢驴,你霸占了整条马 路!
That Sunday driver is holding up traffic. ;那个开慢车的人, 把车流速度拖慢了。
You dumb slowpoke! Woman driver! ;你这只笨蜗牛。 蹩脚司机!
He thinks he owns the road in that fancy car of his. ;有一部豪华轿车, 他就自以为拥有 整条公路。
You're blocking the road,jerk! ;混蛋!你挡住马路了。
Jaywalkers add to the problems of traffic. ;随便穿越马路的行人, 增加了交通的混乱。
Chapter 108 Traffic Accidents ;第一百零八章 交通意外
A:What's with the traffic? ;A:怎么搞的交通 这么拥挤?
B:Maybe a car broke down or something. ;B:也许有汽车故障 或别的事。
A:Why all the commotion? ;A:为何有这些骚动呢?
B:Must be an accident. ;B:准是出了车祸。
Rubbernecking has brought the traffic to a standstill. ;许多好奇心重的驾车者, 使交通完全停顿下来。
There are bound to be many accidents with all that snow on the ground. ;地上那么多积雪, 一定会造成许多车祸。
The fog resulted in a multiple car accident. ;这阵子雾已造成了 连环车祸。
It was a fatal accident. It was a case of hit and run. ;这是一场致命的意外。 这是一件肇事 潜逃的案子。
A:Why did you back into me? ;A:你干嘛倒车撞我 的车头?
B:I did not! You ran into me. ;B:我没有,是你撞上 我车尾。
A:We'll let the police handle this. ;A:我们叫警察来 处理好了。
He banged up my car. ;他把我的车子撞坏了。
Look what you did to my car! ;瞧你把我的车子弄 成什么鬼样子!
My car is totaled. ;我的整辆车子报废了。
He stopped short and I rear-ended him. ;他突然急刹车 时我一头撞上。
Ouch!I just got whiplash. ;哎吆!我刚闪了脖子。
Chapter 109 Traffic Regulations ;第一百零九章 交通规则
Give proper hand signals. ;驾车时要使用 正确的手势。
No honking allowed. ;不许按喇叭。
No unnecessary blowing of the horn (beeping the horn). ;不可任意按喇叭。
Stop at traffic lights. ;遇红灯时要停车。
Make a full stop at railroad crossings and stop signs. ;遇“铁路岔道口“与 “暂停”的标志前要 完全停止。
No sudden stops. Yield to pedestrians. ;不要任意急刹车。 让行人先穿越马路。
Watch out for the other drivers. ;注意其他的行驶车辆。
Keep right. Pass left. ;靠右行驶,自左线超车。
Never attempt to pass on curves or hills. ;不要再转弯或上 坡地段超车。
If you hear a siren, you should pull over. ;倘闻警号应即刻 闪避道旁。
No jaywalking! ;不许擅自穿越马路。
Chapter 110 Traffic Violations ;第一百一十章 交通违规
He was caught running a red light. ;他闯红灯被警察拦 下来开罚单。
A:Pull over! ;A:把车靠边停下来!
B:What seems to be the problem, officer? ;B:警官, 什么事不对劲啦?
A:May I see your driver's license, vehicle registration and insurance I.D? ;A:我可以看看你的护照、 行车执照和保险卡吗?
B:Sure,but what's the matter? ;B:当然可以, 但到底是怎么回事嘛?
A:Our radar clocked you doing seventy miles per hour, ;A:我们的雷达测到你 开到70英里的时速,
and this is a fifty -five-mile-an-hour zone. ;而这里是55英里时速区。
B:That's impossible! ;B:这不可能,
There must be some kind of mistake.I couldn't have been going that fast. ;一定是弄错了; 我不会开那么快。
A:Well,you can talk to the judge about that. ;A:你有什么申诉去 跟法官将好了。
A:Forget the ticket, will you? B:Okay,what's your excuse? ;A:不要开罚单行不行? B:好, 你说你有什么借口?
Chapter 111 School ;第一百一十一章 学校
Improving your mind? ;在用功吗?
We went on a field trip today. ;我们今天作了一趟实 地观摩旅行。
I get three credits for this course. ;这门功课我可以 拿三个学分。
The T.A. passed out a ditto to everybody ;助教发给了每人一份影本
I have matriculated for the fall semester. ;秋季的课程我 已经注册了。
He's enrolled in Professor Beck's class. ;他选了贝克教授的课。
She's taking piano lessons from Mrs. Julliard. ;她跟莱丽亚太太学钢琴。
Our first period is math. What do you major in? ;我们的第一堂课是数学。 你主修什么?
Harvard is an Ivy League school. ;哈佛是美国历史悠久 的著名大学之一。
She got accepted into Princeton. ;普林斯顿大学接受 她的入学申请。
Chapter 112 Disliking School ;第一百一十二章 厌恶学校
You don't seem like the academic type. ;你看起来不像个读书人。
College isn't meant for everyone. ;并非每个人都 适合念大学。
Modern education is ineffective. ;现代教育没功效。
Chapter 113 Top Honors In Class ;第一百一十三章 班级优等生
He's top in his class. ;他在班上的成绩最顶尖。
My daughter is on the honour roll in school. ;我女儿是学校里的模范生
She's the best all-around student. ;她是多才多艺的最佳学生
Chapter 114 Studying Hard ;第一百一十四章 用功
Education always comes first. Get more schooling. ;万般皆下品, 唯有读书高。 多去念点儿书。
I suggest you go back to the basics. ;我建议你从头学起。
I gotta go hit the books. ;我该去念书了。
She practically lives in the library. ;她整天都在埋首苦读。
I need to brush over my notes once more before the test. ;我需要在考试前略微在 温习一遍我的笔记。
I have to cram for finals next week. ;我必须临阵磨枪以准备 下周的期末考试。
I'm gonna have to pull an all-nighter for this exam. ;为了应付这场考试 我必须整晚开夜车。
Everyone in the dorm burned the midnight oil studying. ;学生宿舍里的每一 个人都挑灯夜战。
A last-minute cram before the test can make the difference between an A and a B ;考前临阵磨枪, 不利也亮。
|
|