|
|
发表于 2016-7-14 00:30:22
|
显示全部楼层
Model Dialogs
标准对话
Dialog 1 A Souvenir Shop
对话1 纪念品店
A:Excuse me. I wonder if you could help me. Is there a souvenir shop around here?
A:对不起,不知你是否能帮我,请问这附近有没有纪念品店?
B:Why, yes, sir. There's one three blocks up and two to the left.
B:是的,先生,往前走三个路口再左转两个路口有一家。
A:What are the prices like?
A:那里的东西价格如何?
B:Quite reasonable, I think, sir.
B:我想很合理的,先生。
Dialog 2 American Handcrafts
对话2 美国手工艺品
A:I'd like to see some American handcrafts.
A:我想看些美国手工艺品。
B:Well, ma'am, the Museum of Contemporary Crafts usually has something interesting.
B:嗯,夫人,现代手工艺品博物馆通常有些可看的东西。
A:Where is it?
A:这博物馆在哪里?
B:29 West 53rd Street.
B:西53街29号。
A:What kinds of things do they have?
A:他们展览些什么东西?
B:Oh, rugs, tapestries, and jewelry are some of the exhibits they've had.
B:哦,他们的展览品有地毯,绣帷和珠宝。
Dialog 3 Where Is The Last Man Playing?
对话3 《最后男人》在何处上映?
A:Excuse me. Can you tell me where The Last Man is playing?
A:请问《最后男人》在何处上映?
B:You mean Bertolt Brecht's play, sir?
B:你是指勃托特•布雷其特的影片吗,先生?
A:Yes, that's the one.
A:是的,就是那部片子。
B:It's on at the Living Theater, sir.
B:在生活戏院上映,先生。
A:Is that on Sixth Avenue?
A:是在第6街吗?
B:Yes, Sixth Avenue and 14th Street.
B:是的,在第6街和第14街交叉路口。
Dialog 4 Reporting a Robbery
对话4 盗窃报案
A:Front desk? I've been robbed.
A:前台吗?我被盗了。
B:Are you sure, sir?
B:你确定吗,先生?
A:Yes. My camera is gone.
A:是的,我的照相机不见了。
B:All right, sir. I'll call the police.
B:好的,先生,我叫警察来。
A:What should I do now?
A:我现在该怎么办?
B:Just wait. Please don't touch anything.
B:呆在那里,请别碰任何东西。
C:When did you leave the hotel this morning?
C:今天早上你什么时候离开旅馆的?
A:Between 9:30 and 10:00.
A:在9点半和10点之间。
C:Was anything else taken?
C:还有什么东西被偷吗?
A:No. The rest of my valuables were in the hotel safe.
A:没有了,我其他的贵重物品都放在旅馆的保险箱内。
C:Is there any way of identifying your camera?
C:有什么方法可以辨认你的照相机?
A:My name is on the case. Do you think I'll ever get my camera back?
A:我的名字在上面,你想我能取回我的相机吗?
C:I don't know. We'll try, though. How long do you intend to stay here?
C:我不知道,但我们会尽力的,你要在这里停留多久?
A:One more day.
A:再停留一天。
Useful Expression
常用语句
Are these many museums in this city?
这个城市有很多博物馆吗?
Are they open to the public?
他们向民众开放吗?
Would you suggest some?
你可以推荐几个吗?
I'm interested in painting and scuplture.
我对绘画和雕刻有兴趣。
What are its hours?
参观时间是从几点到几点?
Could you tell me where the nearest department store is?
请你告诉我最近的百货公司在哪里好吗?
Is there any mail for me?
有没有我的信?
Where can I send a telegram?
哪里可以拍发电报?
I'd like to send a cable to Taiwan.
我要打个电报去台湾。
How long does it usually take?
通常要多长时间?
How much will it be?
要多少钱?
Is there any message for me?
有没有我的留言?
I'd like check my valuables.
我要存放我的贵重物品。
I'm going out now. I should be back around 5 o'clock.
我现在要出去,5点左右会回来。
Would you please hold this luggage until 5 o'clock.
请你存放这件行李直到5点好吗?
I left my key in my room.
我把钥匙放在房间内了。
What's good on Broadway?
百老汇有什么上演的?
Is The Last Man still on?
《最后男人》还在上映吗?
Where is it playing?
在哪里上映?
I'd like two tickets for the Saturday matinee.
我要两张星期六日场的票。
How much does a ticket cost?
一张票多少钱?
What time does the next (last) movie begin?
下(最后)一场电影什么时候开演?
Is the museum open today?
博物馆今天开放吗?
What time does the department store open(close)?
百货公司什么时候开(关)门?
Do you know the admission fee for the Museum of Modern Art?
你知道现代美术馆的入场费是多少吗?
How much does a movie cost?
一张电影票多少钱?
Where Can I see an opera?
哪里可看到歌剧表演?
Operas are playing now?
现在在上演歌剧吗?
Vocabulary
词汇
mail
邮件
letter
信
stamp
邮票
cable
电报
message
留言
valuables
贵重物品
luggage
行李
concert hall
音乐厅
opera house
歌剧院
movie theater
电影院
museum
博物馆
exhibit
展览会
(6)At the Cashier
在收银台
Model Dialogs
标准对话
Dialog 1 Changing NT Dollars into Dollars
对话1 新台币换成美金
A:Excuse me. I'd like to change some NT dollars into dollars, please.
A:我想把一些新台币换成美元。
B:How much do you want to change, sir?
B:你要换多少钱呢,先生?
A:Three thousand NT dollars.
A:新台币3000元。
B:All right, sir. I'll have to ask you for your passport, please.
B:好的,先生,我必须看看你的护照。
A:Here it is. What's the exchange rate today?
A:在这。今天的兑率是多少?
B:A dollar is valued at thirty NT dollars, sir.
B:1美元价值新台币30元,先生。
B:Well, here you are, sir. Exactly one hundred dollars.
B:嗯,好了,先生,正好100美元。
A:Thank you.
A:谢谢你。
Dialog 2 Changing a Bill
对话2 换零钱
A:Excuse me. Can you change this twenty dollar bill?
A:请问你能将这20元换成零钱吗?
B:Of course, sir. How would you like it?
B:当然可以,先生,你要怎么换呢?
A:I'd like three fives and five singles.
A:我要3张5元的和5张1元的。
B:Yes, sir.
B:是的,先生。
B:Here you are. Five, ten, fifteen and five is twenty.
B:好了。5、10、15、再加5正好20。
Dialog 3 Cashing Traveler's Checks
对话3 兑现旅行支票
A:Do you cash traveler's checks here?
A:这里可以兑换旅行支票吗?
B:Yes, sir. Do you have any identification?
B:是的,先生,你有什么身份证明吗?
A:Well, I have my passport. Will that do?
A:嗯,我有护照,可以吗?
B:Fine. Now, how much you like to change, sir?
B:可以的,你要兑换多少,先生?
A:Fifty dollars, please.
A:50美元。
B:And how would you like it?
B:你要怎么换呢?
A:Let me have three tens, two fives and the rest in ones. Oh, could you give me one dollar in small change?
A:给我3张10元的,2张5元的,其他给1元的。哦,你能给我1块钱的零钱吗?
B:Here you are, sir.
B:好了,先生。
A:Thank you very much.
A:非常感谢你。
Useful Expression
常用语句
I'd like to exchange some NT dollars for dollars, please.
我要把一些新台币换成美元。
I'd like to convert some NT dollars into dollars, please.
我要将一些新台币换成美元。
What's the exchange rate at the present time?
目前的兑率是多少?
Can you break this ten dollar bill?
你可以将这10元纸钞换成零钱吗?
I'd like five ones and the rest in quarters, please.
请给我5张1元的,其余的要2角5分的硬币。
Can I cash a traveler's check here?
这里可以兑换旅行支票吗?
Well, I have my passport here. Will that do?
嗯,我有护照,可以吗?
Is that enough?
那够了吗?
Will that be all right?
这样可以吗?
Could you give me two dollars of that in small change?
你可以给我两块钱的零钱吗?
I'd like to cash this check.
我要兑换这张支票。
Vocabulary
词汇
money
金钱
dollar
美元
cent
分
traveler's check(s)
旅行支票
a penny; one cent
1分
a nickel; five cents
5分
a dime; ten cents
1角;10分
a quarter; twenty-five cents
2角5分;25分
a half dollar; fifty cents
0.5元;50分
a silver dollar
1元硬币
a one dollar bill
1元纸钞
a five dollar bill; a five
5元纸钞
a ten dollar bill; a ten
10元纸钞
a twenty dollar bill; a twenty
20元纸钞
(7)Making Telephone Calls
(7)打电话
Model Dialogs
标准对话
Dialog 1 I'd Like the Number of a Cliff Topping.
对话1 查询克里夫•托屏的电话号码
A:Information. For what city, please?
A:查号台,请问要查哪个城市?
B:Columbus, Ohio.
B:俄亥俄州的哥伦比亚市。
A:Yes?
A:姓名呢?
B:I'd like the number of a Cliff Topping.
B:我要查一位克里夫•托屏先生的电话号码。
A:How is the last name spelled, please?
A:请问他的姓怎么拼?
B:T-O-P-P-I-N-G.
B:T-O-P-P-I-N-G。
A:Do you know his address, sir?
A:你知道他的地址吗,先生?
B:Yes, 1141 Smith Street.
B:是的,史密斯街1141号。
A:Just a moment, please.
A:请稍候。
A:I have a Topping on Smith Street. The number is 341-4355.
A:我查到一位在史密斯街的托屏先生电话,号码是341-4355。
B:Thank you, operator.
B:谢谢你,接线员。
Dialog 2 Making a Collect Call
对话2 打对方付费电话
A:Operator.
A:我是接线员。
B:I'd like to make a collect call to Portland, Oregon, but I don't know the number.
B:我要打对方付费电话到俄勒冈州波特兰市,但我不知道电话号码。
A:Do you have the name and address of the party?
A:你有对方的姓名和住址吗?
B:Yes. I do. It's Henry Lu, 451 Madison Drive.
B:是的,我有。卢亨利,地址是麦迪逊道451号。
A:One moment, please... The number is 587-6209. May I have your name, please?
A:请稍候......,号码是587-6209,请问贵姓大名?
B:Jim Sang.
B:沈吉姆。
A:And your number, please.
A:请问你的电话号码?
B:564-7582.
B:564-7582。
A:Will this be person-to-person or station-to-station?
A:是叫人还是叫号?
B:Station-to-station.
B:叫号。
A:Just a moment, please.
A:请稍候。
A:This is long distance. I have a collect call for anyone from Jim Sang. Will you accept ?
A:这是长途电话,是来自沈吉姆的对方付费电话,你愿意接听吗?
C:Yes, I will.
C:是的,我接听。
A:Thank you. Go ahead, please.
A:谢谢你,请说话。
Dialog 3 A Person-to-Person call
对话3 叫人电话
A:Hello, operator, I'd like to make a long distance call to New York. Person-to-person.
A:喂,接线员,我要打一个电话到纽约,是叫人的。
B:May I have the name of your party?
B:请问对方的姓名?
A:Jim Han.
A:韩吉姆。
B:And his number?
B:他的电话号码呢?
A:741-1111.
A:741-1111。
B:One moment, sir.
B:请稍候,先生。
Dialog 4 An Overseas Phone Call
对话4 国际电话
A:Connect me with the overseas operator, please.
A:请帮我接国际电话台。
B:Overseas operator.
B:这是国际电话接线员。
A:I'd like to place an overseas call to Taibei Taiwan.
A:我要打个国际电话到台湾台北。
B:Person-to-person or station-to-station call, sir?
B:是叫人还是叫号,先生?
B:Thank you, sir. Your number, please?
B:谢谢你,先生,请问你的号码?
A:My number is 628-6423.
A:我的号码是628-6423。
B:And your name?
B:贵姓大名?
A:Charlie Han.
A:韩查理。
B:Thank you, Mr. Han. Please hang up the receiver and wait. I'll call you back when is on the line.
B:谢谢你,韩先生,请挂上电话等候,接通时我会叫你的。
A:Yes, thank you.
A:好的,谢谢你。
Dialog 5 Receiving a Local Call
对话5 接市内电话
A:Hello?
A:喂?
B:Mr. Shen?
B:沈先生吗?
A:Yes?
A:是的。
B:There's a call for you from Mr. Brown of J.T.Hot Company.
B:有个J.T. Hot公司的布朗先生打给你的电话。
A:Oh, yes. Please put him on. Hello, this is Shen speaking.
A:喔,好的,请接过来。喂,我是沈先生。
Dialog 6 Making a Local Call
对话6 打市内电话
A:World Travel Service. May I help you?
A:世界旅行社,有什么我可以效劳的吗?
B:Yes, I'd like to speak to Mr. Wang in the International Department.
B:是的,我要找国际部的王先生。
A:Just a moment, please.
A:请稍候。
A:I'm sorry, Mr. Wang's line is busy. Will you hold on, please?
A:抱歉,王先生的电话正占线,请稍候好吗?
B:Yes.
B:好的。
A:Thank you for waiting. I'll connect you.
A:让你久等了,我帮你接通。
B:Thank you. Hello. May I speak to Mr. Wang, please?
B:谢谢你,喂,我找王先生。
C:I'm sorry, sir, but Mr. Wang is not in right now.
C:抱歉,先生,王先生现在不在。
B:When do you expect him back?
B:他什么时候会回来?
C:He should be back by three. Would you like to leave a message?
C:他3点钟应该会回来,你要留话吗?
B:Yes. Would you have him call me back? My name is Shen. I'm at the Drake Hotel, .
B:好的,请他回我电话好吗?我是沈先生,住在公鸭旅馆621房间。
C:All right, Mr. Shen. I'll give him your message.
C:好的,沈先生,我会传话给他的。
B:Thank you. Goodbye.
B:谢谢你,再见。
C:Goodbye.
C:再见。
Useful Expression
常用语句
Can you give me the number of a Mr. Henry Guo, please.
请告诉我郭亨利先生的电话号码好吗?
Do you have a number listed for a Mr. Robert A. Brown in Manhattan?
你能查到一位在曼哈顿区的罗伯特•A,布朗先生的电话号码吗?
I'm trying to locate the number of a Mr. Henry Guo.
我正在查一位郭亨利先生的电话号码。
I believe he lives on Smith Street.
我想他住在史密斯街。
I'm not quite sure, but I think he lives on King Street.
我不太确定,但我想他住在国王街上。
Give me long distance, please.
请接长途台。
Long distance, please, person-to-person.
我要打叫人的长途电话。
Operator, I'd like to make a collect call, please.
接线员,我要打对方付费的电话。
Operator, I'd like to call Taibei, please. Station-to-station.
接线生,我要打到台北的叫号电话。
Hello, is this Mr. Brown?
喂,是布朗先生吗?
Who's calling (speaking), please?
请问你是谁?
This is Mr. Shen at the Tower Hotel.
我是住在塔旅馆的沈先生。
This is Mr. Shen speaking.
我是沈先生。
I'd like to speak to Mr. Brown, please.
我要和布朗先生讲话。
Is Mr. Thomas in?
托马斯先生在吗?
Hold on, please.
请稍候。
When will he be back?
他什么时候回来?
Please tell him Mr. Shen called.
请告诉他沈先生打过电话。
Please ask him to call me back.
请他回电话给我。
This is an emergency call.
这是紧急电话。
Please connect me with the police station.
请帮我接警察局。
Extension 947, please.
请转947号分机。
I'm sorry, I have the wrong number.
抱歉,我打错电话了。
I'm afraid you have the wrong number.
恐怕你打错电话了。
Call me at the hotel tonight.
今晚请打电话到旅馆找我。
I'll call you in the morning.
我早上会打电话给你。
Give me room service (the front desk).
请接客房服务(前台)。
Why don't you call me at the hotel tonight?
你何不今晚打电话到旅馆找我?
Vocabulary
词汇
telephone directory; phone book
电话薄
yellow pages
黄页,公司行号电话簿
receiver
电话听筒
local call
市内电话
long distance
长途电话
overseas call
国际电话
person-to-person call
叫人电话
station-to-station call
叫号电话
collect call
对方付费电话
toll call
长途电话
pay phone; public telephone
公用电话
phone booth
电话亭
switchboard
接线总机
extension phone
分机电话
extension number
分机号码
area code
区域号码
telephone number
电话号码
dial tone
可拨号音
busy signal
占线声
operator
接线员
long distance operator
长途台接线员
overseas operator
国际台接线员
(8)Valet Service
(8)洗衣服务
Model Dialogs
标准对话
Dialog 1 Having Shirts Laundered
对话1 送洗衬衣
A:I'd like to have this laundry done.
A:我的衣物要送洗。
B:Yes, sir. Just write your name and room number here. Is there any rush?
B:好的,先生,只要在这里写下你的姓名和房间号码。急不急?
A:There's no rush for the shirts, but I need the underwear as soon as possible.
A:衬衫不急,但我想尽快拿到换洗衣物。
B:All right. You can pick it up at five. We'll send the rest up to your room Thursday
B:好的,5点可以拿到,其余的我们星期四上午会送到你的房间。
Dialog 2 Having a Stain Removed
对话2 去掉污点
A:I spilled something on this suit. Can you get it out?
A:我溅了某些东西在这套西装上,你可以去掉它吗?
B:Well, I don't know. Do you know what it is?
B:嗯,我不知道,你知道溅了什么吗?
A:Yes, it's gravy. I spilled it last night.
A:是的,是肉汁,我昨天晚上溅到的。
B:I think we can get it out. I'll make it "Special Service Required".
B:我想我们可以去掉它,我会标明“需要特别服务”。
Dialog 3 Cleaning and Pressing
对话3 烫洗衣物
A:Valet service.
A:这里是洗衣服部。
B:This is Mr. He in Room 5124. I have somethings to be cleaned and pressed. Can you one up to get them?
B:我是5124号房的何先生,我有一些东西要烫洗,你能派个人来拿吗?
A:Yes, sir. Right away.
A:可以,先生,马上去。
Dialog 4 24 Hour Service and Express Service
对话4 24小时服务和快速服务
A:Valet service.
A:洗衣服务部。
B:Come in. I'd like to have this suit drycleaned. And I want to have these trousers
B:请进,我这套西装要干洗,另外这些裤子要烫。
A:How soon do you need these things?
A:你什么时候需要这些东西?
B:I want the suit by check-out time tomorrow. But I need the trousers by 5:30 this
B:西装明天退房的时候要,但是这些裤子我今天下午5点半要。
A:All right, sir. I'll mark the trousers "Express". And the suit will be ready with our 24 ce.
A:好的,先生。这些裤子我会标上“加急”记号,而这套西装我们的24小时好的。
B:Will you bring the things to the room?
B:你们会送到房间来吗?
A:Yes, sir.
A:是的,先生。
Dialog 5 Picking Up the Laundry
对话5 取衣物
A:Hello. Is my laundry ready? Here's my slip.
A:你好!我的衣服洗好了没?这是我的凭单。
B:Just a moment, please. I'll check.
B:请稍候,我查查看。
B:Yes, it's ready. Here you are, sir.
B:是的,已经好了,这就是,先生。
A:How much do I owe you?
A:多少钱?
B:Four dollars and fifty cents, sir.
B:4元50分,先生。
A:Here you are, four dollars and fifty cents.
A:这就是,4元50分。
Useful Expression
常用语句
Can I get this laundry done today by any chance?
这衣服今天能洗好吗?
I wonder if I can get this laundry done in a hurry.
我想这件衣服是否很快就能洗好。
I'm checking out at 4 P.M. on Friday. Can you have these finished by then?
我星期五下午4点要退房,到时候可以洗好吗?
How soon can you have these shirts ready?
你们多快能洗好这些衬衫?
Could I have this jacket dry-cleaned?
我这件夹克可以干洗吗?
Does it take long?
要很久吗?
How much time will it take?
要多长时间?
This button came off. Can you sew it on, please?
这钮扣掉了,请你将它缝上好吗?
Can you fix this broken zipper?
你能修好这坏掉的拉链吗?
Can you get this stain out of my tie?
你能除掉我领带上的渍痕吗?
Can you mend this rip in my jacket?
你能补我夹克内的这个裂缝吗?
Vocabulary
词汇
laundry bag
洗物袋
laundry list
洗物单
shirt
衬衫
sport shirt
运动衫
suit
西装
suit coat
西装上衣
overcoat
外套
raincoat
雨衣
tuxedo
燕尾服
trousers; pants
裤子
sweater
毛衣
handkerchief
手帕
pajamas
睡衣
underwear
内衣
blouse
宽松上衣
dress
衣服
evening dress
晚礼服
cocktail dress
礼服
skirt
裙子
socks
袜子
stockings
长袜
laundry bill (stub, slip, ticket)
送洗收据
regular service
普通服务
express service
加急服务
(9)Checking Out
(9)退房登记
Model Dialogs
标准对话
Dialog 1 Paying Your Bill
对话1 付帐
A:Good morning. I'd like to check out now, please. My name is Shen.
A:早上好,我现在要退房,我姓沈。
B:May I have your key, sir?
B:先生,请把你的钥匙给我好吗?
A:Yes, sorry. I have it right here.
A:是的,抱歉,就在这里。
B:One moment, please, Mr. Shen.
B:请稍候,沈先生。
B:Yes, Mr. Shen, you bill comes to a total of $145.00.
B:好了,沈先生,总共145元。
A:Do you accept traveler's checks?
A:你们接受旅行支票吗?
B:Yes, of course, sir.
B:当然,先生。
A:Then, please take the hotel bill out of this, and will you cash a additional $50.00 check, please?
A:那么,旅馆费用从这里支出,另外你能再兑现50元吗?
B:Yes, sir. How would you like it?
B:好的,先生,你要什么样的面额?
A:Four tens and the rest in ones, please.
A:请给我四张10元的,其余的给1元的。
B:There you are, sir. And here's your receipt.
B:在这,这是你的收据。
A:Thank you very much. I've had a very nice stay here.
A:非常谢谢你,我在这里住得很愉快。
Dialog 2 Extending Your Stay
对话2 延长住宿
A:Hello, I'm Mr. Xu in Room 503.
A:喂,我是503房的徐先生。
B:Yes, Mr. Xu. What can I do for you?
B:是的,徐先生,有什么我能效劳的吗?
A:Well, I have to stay in Los Angeles longer than I planned. And I'd like to keep my room, if that's possible.
]A:喂,我必须比原先计划在洛杉矶多停留几天,如果可能的话,我想保留我的房间。
B:I see. Well, I think that can be arranged, Mr. Xu. How many more days do you expect to stay?
B:我知道,嗯,徐先生,我想这可以安排的,你要多住几天?
A:Just one, I think. But I'm not sure.
A:我想只要一天,但我不确定。
B:All right. Then, just let me know as soon as your plans are definite.
B:好的,那么请你计划一确定马上告诉我。
A:Thank you very much.
A:谢谢你。
Useful Expression
常用语句
I'm checking out now. Will you send someone for my baggage, please?
我现在要退房,请派个人来拿我的行李好吗?
I'd like to pay my bill now, please. I'm checking out early tomorrow morning.
我现在要付帐,我明天一早要退房。
Would you get my bill ready?
请你准备好我的帐单好吗?
Do you accept American Express Charge Cards?
你们接受美国运通信用卡吗?
Will you take a check?
你们接受支票吗?
Can I use a Dinners Card?
我可以使用餐券吗?
Do you honor Master Charge Cards?
你们接受“master”信用卡吗?
Does this amount include the service charge?
这总额包括服务费吗?
Vocabulary
词汇
bill
帐单
receipt
收据
forwarding address
下一个目的地地址
credit card
信用卡
bell captain; head bellboy
服务员领班
service charge
服务费
tax
税金 |
|