英语学习论坛

 找回密码
 立即注册
查看: 86|回复: 0

英语流行口语:15.Compromise妥协

[复制链接]

36万

主题

36万

帖子

109万

积分

论坛元老

Rank: 8Rank: 8

积分
1094809
发表于 2016-7-13 22:48:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
15    Compromise妥协
       
        ...get on the bandwagon.
       
        随大溜。(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:What're you supposed to do now?
       
        你现在该怎么办呢?
       
       
       
        B:The only thing for me to do is to get on the bandwagon.
       
        我只能随大溜。
       
       
       
        A:It can be taken as a way.
       
        这倒是个办法。
       
       
       
        ...swim with the tide.
       
        随大溜。(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:What did he do with the boss's decision?
       
        他对老板的决定采取了什么态度?
       
       
       
        B:He wouldn't disagree;he's learned to swim with the tide.
       
        他不反对,他已学会了随大溜.
       
       
       
        A:Everybody has to do hat in this society.
       
        在这个社会里,每个人都得那么做.
       
       
       
        You'd better water down yur demand .
       
        你最好降低一下要求.(较随便)
       
       
       
        A:You'd better water down your demand.  B:Why?
       
        你最好降低一下要求.为什么呢?
       
       
       
        A:Or the boss will turn then down at once.
       
        因为如不这样,老板会立即把他们驳回.
       
       
       
        Let's meet each other half way.
       
        咱们各让一半.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Don't argue any more.Let's meet each other half way,OK?
       
        别争了,咱们各让一半吧,好不好?
       
       
       
        B:All right .It's good for you to say so.
       
        好的,你能这么说太好了.
       
       
       
        Only in this way can we close the deal.
       
        只有这样才能成交.
       
       
       
        ...make the best out of a hard bargain.
       
        ......尽力而为.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Things are becoming so difficult.
       
        事情越来越困难了。
       
       
       
        B:So I hope everyone of us will make the best out of a hard bargain.
       
        因此我希望大家都能尽力而为。
       
       
       
        A:Yes,indeed.
       
        对,确实是这样。
       
       
       
        I don't mind one way or the other.
       
        我无所谓,怎么都行.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Do you want the eggs overcooked or underdone?
       
        你的煎鸡蛋要老一点还是嫩一点?
       
       
       
        B:I don't mind one way or the other.  A:I know.
       
        我无所谓,怎么都行.我知道了。
       
       
       
        ...figure out a way to ...
       
        ......想个办法。......(通用)
       
       
       
        A:We must figure out a way to settle the dispute.
       
        我们想个办法解决这个争端。
       
       
       
        B:Yes,a way has to be found.  A:But it's not easy.
       
        对,必须想个办法.但并不容易.
       
       
       
        ...give in on both sides.
       
        ......相互让步.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:How on earth will they end the strike?
       
        到底怎样才能结束罢工呢?
       
       
       
        B:They'll have to give in on both sides,I think.
       
        我认为双方必须相互让步。
       
       
       
        A:But neither of them wants to do so.
       
        但他们谁也不肯这样。
       
       
       
        B:Then the strike will last for ever.
       
        那么这场罢工会永远持续下去的。
       
       
       
        ...play along with one's ideas for the time being.
       
        暂时参与......的计划.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Are you in favor of his plan?
       
        你们赞成他的计划吗?
       
       
       
        Not really.But we've finally decided to play along with his ideas for the time being
       
        并不赞成,我最终决定暂时参与他的计划。
       
       
       
        A:What do you mean by that?
       
        你那样说是什么意思?
       
       
       
        B:We agreed with him temporarily.
       
        我们只是暂时同意他的意见。
       
       
       
        There's no room for compromise.
       
        没有妥协的余地。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:I think we'd better reach a compromise.
       
        我认为我们最好相互让步。
       
       
       
        B:Unfortunately,I don't think there's room for compromise in this matter.
       
        但遗憾的是,我认为在这件事上没有妥协的余地。
       
       
       
        A:It seems we'll never reach any agreement.
       
        看来我们永远也不会达成协议了。
       
       
       
        When in Rome,do as the Romans do.
       
        入乡随俗.(通用)
       
       
       
        A:We shouldn't dress very formally in the country.
       
        我们在乡下不应该空得太正式。
       
       
       
        B:Yeah,we should be casual when we stay with country people.
       
        是啊,和乡下人在一起我们随便一些。
       
       
       
        A:When in Rome,do as the Romans do.
       
        入乡随俗嘛。
       
       
       
        ...work out a compromise.
       
        制定妥协方案。(通用)
       
       
       
        A:Did you finally work out a compromise?   B:No,we couldn't.
       
        你们最后制定出妥协方案了吗?没有。
       
       
       
        A:Why?   B:They wouln't give in neither would we.
       
        为什么?他们不让步,我们也不愿让步。
       
       
       
        ...need a give-and-take attitude.
       
        ......需采取互谅互让的态度。
       
       
       
        A:I find it hard to get on with my colleagues.
       
        我发现和同事相处很难。
       
       
       
        B:You need a give-and-take attitude to get along in this firm.
       
        要想在这个公司和同事处好,你需采取谅互让的态度.
       
       
       
        A:Thank you for your advice.
       
        谢谢你的忠告。
       
       
       
        ...make mutual concessions.
       
        ......双方让步。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:If we want to reach an agreement,we should make mutual concessions.
       
        如果我们想达成协议的话,必须双方让步。
       
       
       
        You said it.As long as we do it,we'll achieve an agreement.A:That's right.
       
        你说到点子上了,只要我们能这样做,会达成协议的.是这样的.
       
       
       
        ...settle...amicably.
       
        ......和解。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:What's the result of the disputebetween the two parties?
       
        两党史争端的结局怎么样了?
       
       
       
        B:They finally selled it amicably.
       
        他们最终和解了。
       
       
       
        A:Tt's the same as I had expected.
       
        和我预料的一样。
       
       
       
        ...split the difference.
       
        采取折中的方法.(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:Your price is a bit too high.
       
        你的价格有点太高了。
       
       
       
        B:We have to split the difference.  A:That's the thing to do.
       
        我们双方都得让一点了.应该这样。
       
       
       
        ...take a hard line.
       
        ......采取强硬态度。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:Will our boss agree to change the plan?
       
        老板会改变计划吗?
       
       
       
        B:No,he still takes a hard kine.
       
        不,他态度强硬.
       
       
       
        He has ordered us to finish our work according to schedule.He'll never change it
       
        他命令我们按期完成任务就没有改变的余地.
       
       
       
        A:He's really marble-hearted.
       
        真是铁石心肠啊!
       
       
       
        ...fall into line...
       
        ......同意 ......。(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:Do you follow his decision all the time?
       
        你们总是听从他的决定吗?
       
       
       
        B:Yes.When he announces a plan,all of us fall into line.
       
        是的。他宣布的计划,我们都同意。
       
       
       
        A:You never reject his ideas? B:Never.He's the boss,you know.
       
        你们从来不拒绝吗?从来不拒绝.他是老板呀.
       
       
       
        ...back down on
       
        在......上作出让步.(较正式)
       
       
       
        A:I finally backed down on my plan.B:I thought you would stick to it.
       
        我的计划最终作出让步.我本以为你会一直坚持下去.
       
       
       
        A:I couldn't,simply because so many people have opposite opinions.
       
        那么多人持反对意见,我根本不能坚持.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2025-12-6 20:55 , Processed in 0.063711 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

© 2001-2017 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表