英语自学网 发表于 2016-7-11 19:29:59

2013年12月英语六级听力必备词汇(28)

271. enthusiasm热情 巨大兴趣
  Your son certainly shows a lot of enthusiasm on the tennis court.
  I only wish he’d show much for his studies.
  272. enthusiastic满腔热情的 热心的 倍感兴趣的
  You didn’t seem to be terribly enthusiastic about the performance.
  You must be kidding. I couldn’t have clapped any harder. My hands are still hurting.
  273. environment环境 周围状况 自然环境
  Yoga is a corporeal practice which emphasizes on a work on a body in a specific environment.
  274. epidemic流行病
  Some people believe that the obesity epidemic is a result of a more evolutionary development of the sedentary life-style in modern society.
  275. erupt(火山、喷泉等)喷发 (危机、问题等)爆发
  Mount Etna does erupt frequently, but those eruptions are usually minor, So the overall risk for people living nearby is relatively small.
  276. especially特别 尤其 格外
  As immigrants were accustomed to poverty, they were willing to work for very lower wages. This made other workers, especially those in Lab unions, afraid that immigrants would thus lower wage levers and take job away from them.
  277. establish建立 创办 确立
  Asians like Koreans and Vietnamese then began to arrive, many of these new comers have worked very hard to establish themselves in their new land.
  278. estimate估计 估量
  In lower paid occupations, where paid wages have been reduced, workers have added hours in over-time or extra job to preserve their living standards. The government estimates that more than 7 million people hold a second job.
  279. eventually终于 最后
  Miss Susan Brown felt she needed to change for one thing, and for another, she hoped to eventually become a head nurse.
  280. evidence根据 证据 迹象
  The comparatively mild effects of the northern California earthquake in 1999 are good evidence that we do have the technology to prevent vast destruction.
          编辑推荐: 2013年12月英语六级听力必备词汇汇总

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2013年12月英语六级听力必备词汇(28)